Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/19/2006 3:21:52 PM EDT
Doing my taxes today and discovered I didn't get one of my W2s. I got the more important one, the one from my temp agency that covered all but 2 weeks of my employment in 2005.
But the one from my permanent job, which only would have covered 1 pay period, never came. I have the pay stub so calculating my taxes is taken care of (they owe me)

Can companies normally get these sent out within a couple weeks (aka before April 15th) or should I fill out form 4852?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:25:50 PM EDT
Call and ask for one. If you send it in without W-2, the IRS will write and ask why. Still time to get another. Wait until 4/15 5o decide but pay what you think you will owe in taxes to avoid penalties and interest
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:41:01 PM EDT
By law it was supposed to mailed by Jan. 31st. Give them a call. Someone screwed up.

If you are filing electronically, you can get away without having it, but you will need your employer's Federal and State ID number. A fellow employee should be able to supply you with these if you are in a hurry to get it done and over with.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:46:51 PM EDT
well, turns out I wasn't supposed to get one. Since the pay check actually came in 2006 that pay period isn't counted for 2005
Top Top