Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/5/2004 6:53:27 PM EST
I rented and was astounded that all the gore that everyone was talking, writing about, moaning about, was kinda mild. Sure they whipped Him and they flayed Him and of course they nailed Him up but I expected some sort of Dawn of the Dead kind of gore. It was pretty much how i learned it by reading The Book. No surprises.
The Passion the actor showed, however, was well done. I caught some of the Latin, NONE of the Areamaic (Go figure). Thank God for sub-titles. (Pun intended)
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:56:49 PM EST
No.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:58:20 PM EST
It just finished playing in my livingroom. So the answer would be yes.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:59:38 PM EST
Havent been able to watch the whole thing all together my neices and nephews keep comin over and my wife makes me turn it to Barney.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:00:52 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:01:14 PM EST
I've got "Life of Brian" on DVD.

Is this one really different?

KIDDING
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:04:15 PM EST
Boring film. Sorry guys.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:04:43 PM EST
Netflix.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:04:53 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:05:34 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:05:59 PM EST

Yes.

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:06:05 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/5/2004 7:07:18 PM EST by pale_pony]
does a boot-leg DVDxCopy count?

<ok, ok, I was just kidding!>

Seriously, I want to see it in private first. I don't like to cry in front of others and I think it's gonna happen with this one.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:12:44 PM EST

Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

KIDDING

You know, when I came home from watching The Passion of the Christ, the first thing that I did was throw away my copy of Life of Brian. Nothing against Monty Python, I still think that they are brilliantly funny, but I came away with the sense that maybe some subjects should be off-limits to lampooning. Kinda like if they released National Lampoon's 9/11.

Just my opinion. YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:14:54 PM EST

Originally Posted By Lumpy196:

Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:
Boring film. Sorry guys.

Then you didnt get it.

Nope, I am not really religious, so it wasn't my cup of tea. Still, parts of it were really interesting.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:15:55 PM EST

Originally Posted By Nimrod1193:

KIDDING

You know, when I came home from watching The Passion of the Christ, the first thing that I did was throw away my copy of Life of Brian. Nothing against Monty Python, I still think that they are brilliantly funny, but I came away with the sense that maybe some subjects should be off-limits to lampooning. Kinda like if they released National Lampoon's 9/11.

Just my opinion. YMMV.

Interesting. Maybe I'll feel the same way when i get around to watching the Passion.

(sorry if I offended)
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:16:24 PM EST
A movie about some guy getting killed, right?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:16:41 PM EST
I bought mine Tuesday.

I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:17:16 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/5/2004 7:17:39 PM EST by ar50troll]

Boring film. Sorry guys.

Then you didnt get it.

Nope, I am not really religious, so it wasn't my cup of tea. Still, parts of it were really interesting.

Not gonna invite the flame war. Not gonna bother typing whats on my mind in regards to Mr. Gibsons overly violent propaganda film.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:19:14 PM EST

Originally Posted By ar50troll:
Not gonna invite the flame war. Not gonna bother typing whats on my mind in regards to Mr. Gibsons overly violent propaganda film.

I think you just did.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:20:06 PM EST

Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:

Originally Posted By ar50troll:

I think you just did.

Not if you saw what I typed before I defered to backspace. I like God, don't get me wrong.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:20:22 PM EST
No, don't plan on buying it or seeing it, either.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:21:16 PM EST
Not yet.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:21:46 PM EST
Wow, I might need popcorn for this one!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:22:10 PM EST

Originally Posted By Nimrod1193:

KIDDING

Just my opinion. YMMV.

Interesting. Maybe I'll feel the same way when i get around to watching the Passion.

(sorry if I offended)

No offense taken. I was relating my personal reaction, not recommending a course of action to anyone. God will speak to each person in a different way.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:23:21 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:36:50 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/5/2004 7:37:08 PM EST by Lumpy196]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:39:08 PM EST
There is nothing more I hate than paying my hard earned cash to sit down and read a movie!

Ban Subtitles!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:39:53 PM EST

Heathy level of trolling going on in this thread. Thanks for showing up just to voice your anti-religious feelings once again guys.

Makes you feel goooooood doesnt it

I never said I wasn't religious. I just don't like violence in film. Yeah I know that's lame, gay stupid to say...especially in a manly gun forum. But I am being truthfull. Full Metal Jacket was a great flick, but it made me sick.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:41:20 PM EST

Originally Posted By pale_pony:
does a boot-leg DVDxCopy count?

<ok, ok, I was just kidding!>

Seriously, I want to see it in private first. I don't like to cry in front of others and I think it's gonna happen with this one.

I know a girl who feels the same way. Like I told her "Don't worry about crying in front of others. They'll be too busy crying to see if you are or not."
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:44:19 PM EST
I'm going to wait until the full-blown DVD version (with the specials, making-of, etc.) comes out.
Top Top