Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2001 1:51:20 PM EDT
I went today.  Had a great time and met some nice people.  I didn't shoot as good as I'm capable, but it really didn't matter.  [^]
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 2:03:28 PM EDT
[#1]
no, but I will be going on tuesday. Also going to check prices at the local gun store for my first AR15 :)
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 2:30:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 2:37:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, I got to go to the range today.

I took my new L1A1, BM 20" HBAR, and the M4 barreled upper that I just assembled a while back.  I like the M4 barrel, but wish I would of got the Bushmaster Dissipator M4 Barrel.  The carbine handguards feel a little short to me.  I might still get one of the Bushmaster Dissipator M4 Barrels.

I really like the L1A1 that I just bought.  It doesn't seem as accurate (sights don't seem as adjustable??) as my AR10, but I like shooting it alot better.  I wish I would of bought one of these before I bought the AR10, and saved $1000.  I fired 200 rounds through it today amd it functioned well.  I did have to play with the gas setting.  To little and it stove piped, to much and it hit the guy next to me.  The only complaint is that the handguard heats up to fast.  

Hope to go again one evening this week.  Will take my 03A3 scout rifle that I just finished.  I took a butchered sporter from the 1950's?? and salvaged it into a useable rifle.  When I bought it, the barrel was hack-sawed off and the rear sight was mangled for a scope mount.  The original stock was all chopped up.  I rebarrel it, dropped it in a Fajen semi-finished stock that I picked up at a gun show a few years back.  I regret I should of rebarreled it to .308.  I had the choice, and figured all my other Springfields were 30-06, and I reloaded that caliber.  Now I rarely fire any of my Springfields (or Mausers).  

OSA
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 2:43:21 PM EDT
[#4]
No,
I never go on weekends.
I shoot on Mon. Tues. Wed. Fri.
every week.

It poured on Friday
but I was wearing a tank top and
swimming trunks so it was OK.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 3:16:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Shot for 4 hours on Sat at Knob Creek.  Had a Blast! (pun intended)
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 3:54:35 PM EDT
[#6]
USPSA match today,with a rifle side match.The mighty Bushy did well,but alas I steered her improperly,and blasted a no-shoot right in the middle of the "upper a-zone".I sure wish I could shoot as well as I tell everyone I can.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 4:02:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I'am Going next weekend

[moon]
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 4:06:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 5:19:23 PM EDT
[#9]
It was pistol day for me.
H&K, 1911, Hi-Power, Model 19, PPK clone. A couple of my teetotaling friends had some skunky beer that had to be destroyed. (My favorite target!)
Did great with everything but the PPK clone, kept stovepiping.
A beer mist blew our way. I love the smell of beer in the morning.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 5:22:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Tomorrow morning I'll be there.

Everyone else will be working and I'll have the range to myself. [:D]
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 5:48:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I went to Holy Grail of ranges this weekend:

Camp Perry!

Every one should shoot at Camp Perry at least once.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 5:55:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I went to my local range earlier.  Fired my Desert Eagle .44, Bushy M4, Savage 12 .308 and my Kimber 1911A1.  It was fun, my shoulder is kinda sore though, I think it was because of the 200 rounds of .308 I fired through my Savage 12 bolt action.  Damn, I need some Ibuprofen.  Other than that, just got done cleaning them.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 6:01:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Affirmative range time.  Friday pm and Saturday.  Breaking-in new 24 inch SS upper.  Shoot-clean-shoot-clean till I was ready to puke from the heat both days.  Used 200 moly rounds and 50 rounds of Tubb's Final Finish to fire lap the barrel.

Got the job done tho'.  Shoots a bug at 100 yards using Black Hills blue-box moly 68's.  

Managed to KO one of Shawn's CavArms lowers in the process.  Shawn is real good supporting his products.  Responded to my emails in 3-4 hours and already has a solution.  Thanks for the good work Shawn.

Got the Jewell trigger set a little light.  Doubled three times on Saturday.  When that second round goes off you get set for more real fast.

More work to do.

Arock out.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 6:06:36 PM EDT
[#14]
No range. I just threw a box out in the grass and put a hundred rounds through 2 pistols just to keep my razor edge. [pistol]

Link Posted: 8/5/2001 6:10:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Yup sure did. Took my new LEGP out.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=42292[/url]
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 6:33:11 PM EDT
[#16]
My youngest son and I got out for a while this afternoon. I sighted in a couple rifles for next week's Rifle match while he worked on the handgun range with .22s  A storm came in, and we both stayed under the cover on the hg range blasting trash on the burm while it poured until we ran out of .22s  What a great time!
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 7:24:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 7:27:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes, but I actually did not shoot. Went to Quantico with 7, to check it our and find out what the standard operating procedure it for use of the 300 yard range. May be going shooting tomorrow afternoon.
[sniper]
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 8:14:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Went to Collin County Gun Range on Sat with my son - went earlier in the week by myself.  Had fun with the kiddo - I need patience!  Had my three legp's out there making sure they were zeroed and functioned without fail.  All functioned fine with the supplied 10rnd mags and usgi mags.  Put 500 rounds in all through the three rifles.  Used the Santose -2/-4 50 yd zero and all was well.  Front sight post is a few clicks higher than I like them, but even after tweaking the front post, zero stayed the same, so I'm not worried about it.  Yes, lordtrader - it was hotter than hell!!!!!!!!!

Tate
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 8:29:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Yessir... Saturday morning.  Left with about 125 rounds less than I came with.  More practice is needed along with some (re)-load adjustments.  And yes, it is hot here too. [xx(]
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 8:34:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Spent all saturday at a machinegun line shoot.  Had two cars and a minivan for targets.  I kept it light though and only did about 1200rds of 8mm, 2500rds of .22, 300rds .223, and 300rds 9mm.  I'll post pics later this week.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 9:45:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Was only able to make it Friday, Saturday and Sunday this weekend.
Work decided to throw a beer bash on Friday to thank all the sheepies for the good work.  Sounded like a good reason to spend 3-6 PM at the range.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 9:58:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Yes I did. I took my AR and A text book. My classes for the summer semester ended on friday and on saturday I put 40 rnds through the book. That class sucked. 880 pages of crap that i already knew. Spent 80 bucks on the book two months ago now its only worth 5 or 10 to sell it back. I got more satisfaction blowing holes in it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 10:06:32 PM EDT
[#24]
This was one of my best trips to the range.

This Sunday I went to my local range with my Sig P220, Bushmaster 20", and my M1A.  I met my best friend there who was just leaving with his reserve marine corps combat engineering unit after 3 days of M16 qualifying.  For the first time I got to hold a real M16.  Made me mad.  The darn tyrannical government makes us Joe Q citizens sell out big bucks for a few pieces of machined metal.  But seeing my friend and chatting it up with him and his Marine Corps friends for about 45 minutes was cool.

Oh ya. I did some shooting too.  I noticed improvement in my pistol shooting (which still needs a lot of work), and I tried to shoot my rifles off-hand for a change.  I need to start working out again.  That stinking H-BAR gets heavy fast.  Not to mention an M1A with an ARMS mount.  I got to build that shoulder and bicep endurance.  I shot ok all things considered.

I hope I can go out next weekend after my LEGP rifle arrives.

Where’s the best place to by a government profile barrel for a Bushmaster?
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 12:48:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 12:59:49 AM EDT
[#26]
no not this last week not next week and not this comming weekend. It sucks I have been having to work 50 to 56 hour weeks at my job. But the boss is giving me 5 days off from the 20 to the 25 so I think I'll go then and maybe by that time I'll have my new rifle(I hope so been told that I could get one for fathers day and still have none. I hate bills.)
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 3:39:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Yes, but I actually did not shoot. Went to Quantico with 7, to check it our and find out what the standard operating procedure it for use of the 300 yard range. May be going shooting tomorrow afternoon.
[sniper]
View Quote

Yeah, and those bastards at Quantico won't let us lowly civilians shoot 50BMG.  [rolleyes]
And of course, no full auto.

Oh, and SHAGGY...  [-!-!-]   Yes, I'm jealous.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 4:47:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Saturday was an NRA "Women's Day at the Range" at our club.  Kind of a beginners day without macho fathers/husbands/boyfriends along.  I've never seen our parking lot so full.  We had about 120 women come for an hour of talk and then an hour each at .22 rifle (indoor), trap, and outdoor pistol.  Oh yes, and lunch, too.  Not to mention a little whip crackin' and fast draw demo by a group of traveling New Jersey cowboys right after lunch.  

I got to demo a couple of my .22 pistols to seven different women.  Had them shooting at blank paper at 7 yards for awhile and then we put up bullseye targets, still at 7 yards.  After they shot their fill of .22, we all swapped over to whatever CF pistols we had brought.  Mostly .38 special.  I brought a WWII Remington .45 that they loved to shoot with GI ammo.  None of this wadcutter stuff.  I also had a Ruger Bisley in .44 Mag.  Those were downloaded a bit, but still had enough poop to bring a smile to their faces.

It's almost funny.  I never told them the guns kicked hard.  Just to grip a little tighter and squeeze the trigger.  Not one complained about the recoil or developed a flinch that I could see.  All had a great time, including me.  Think I only shot maybe five rounds all day.  Watching their faces as they popped off a few rounds for the first time was like watching kids open Christmas presents.

A couple of real cuties.  One teen in Menonite dress & cap.  A couple of grandmothers.  One gal who just couldn't stop talking about anything unrelated to what we were doing at the moment.  She'd get a grip, push the pistol out to arms length and then talk about something entirely different.  A real test of patience, but I think (hope) I passed.  She did shoot a lot, if not well, and seemed to have a good time.

Great fun,
Norm

Link Posted: 8/6/2001 8:11:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Yep.

Put a couple hundred rounds of Q3131A through the Bushmaster Dissipator.  It was 103 in the shade here in North Texas.  Needless to say, you could not touch the barrel, or even the front sight.

Also shot my Winchester Model 70 Heavy Varmint to maintain proficiency on my main hunting / long range tactical weapon.  Had at least one sub-MOA 5-shot group with Fed Gold Medal Match (.308Win, 168gr).  I'm happy.

Spent at least as much time cleaning last night as I did shooting yesterday afternoon.  At least is was in the A/C.

You know, Mondays seem a little easier to handle when you've spent some quality time at the range on the weekend.  [(:)]
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 1:18:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Put about 150 rounds through my H&K USP40 compact.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top