Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 1/25/2014 10:53:29 PM EDT
I hate to admit it but for me it was Chucky....I saw it years later and I laughed at it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:53:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Event Horizon

oh, and Nightmare on Elm Street....as a kid, something like Freddy with fucking razors for fingers fucking with you in your sleep = fuuuuuuu
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:55:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Xtro
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:56:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I was always most afraid of Freddy Krueger. The whole 'he kills you in your sleep' thing freaked me out.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:56:54 PM EDT
[#4]
The Exorcist scared the shit out of me! Rosemary's Baby was no picnic either..

Then I lived in a house where a famous movie was made and realized... they're just movies..
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:58:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Event Horizon

oh, and Nightmare on Elm Street....as a kid, something like Freddy with fucking razors for fingers fucking with you in your sleep = fuuuuuuu
View Quote

Yep. Nightmare on Elm Street gave me many nightmares.

As an adult The Ghost and The Darkness fucked with my sleep for 3 nights. Hubby slept on the couch after the second night because I hit him in the face while fighting lions.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:58:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Then I lived in a house where a famous movie was made and realized... they're just movies..
View Quote

Not the chainsaw house was it?
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:59:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Given the climate at the time, 'Fail Safe' sure made me think.

So did, 'On the Beach'.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:59:37 PM EDT
[#8]
IT & Waxwork were weird.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:01:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Phantasm
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:01:39 PM EDT
[#10]
"Trilogy of Terror" that little doll haunted my dreams.

"Gargoyles", I snuck down the hallway to peek around the corner and watch it while my Mom was sitting on the couch. I can still hear their wailing calls.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:02:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was... hence the handle
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:02:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

So did, 'On the Beach'.  

View Quote

Yup!
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:03:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yer kidding?

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:03:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Phantasm
View Quote

The ball!
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:03:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I remember this movie to this day. I was 4 at the time if that tells you just how bad it got to me.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:04:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
IT & Waxwork were weird.
View Quote

Oh fuck, IT scared the shit out of me.  A fucking deranged clown that was everywhere and anywhere at once?  Plus he lured you towards a drain?  I was fucking terrified of drains until about 12-14y/o.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:04:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

So did, 'On the Beach'.  

View Quote

Good call!  Both of those worried the hell out of me much more than demon kids.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:05:07 PM EDT
[#18]
I grew up on horror movies. Aside from the usual 'made ya jump' moments, I was never really that scared. But two things used to TERRIFY me when I was little.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:07:36 PM EDT
[#19]
The Fog (original John Carpenter movie)
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:08:39 PM EDT
[#20]
The idea of Terminator scared the shit out of me the first time I saw it as well....

Oh and IT! I didn't like clowns before but after IT.....I loathe clowns to this day.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:09:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NO SHIT?!!?!  That's my favorite movie of all time!  I've been to the graveyard and the gas station(I have pics of me in front of it), but was never able to go to the house because they moved it.  Last I saw it's in Kingsland where it was converted to a restaurant.  Damn, I'd love to hear how you ended up there.  You've probably talked about it on here before but I've never heard your story.  Hell, maybe I'll start a chainsaw thread some time and post my pictures of the locations and you can chime in.  Damn, that's crazy!

Oops, ok back to the topic at hand.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:10:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yer kidding?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yer kidding?  

Not at all. It was just an old farmhouse. I admit I was freaked out a bit the first couple of weeks. Hell, I was 19 when I moved in there. Lived there for 14 years.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:13:02 PM EDT
[#23]
The Shining.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:14:06 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

The Shining.
View Quote
Jack Nicholson really does fucking nuts way too well.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:14:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

NO SHIT?!!?!  That's my favorite movie of all time!  I've been to the graveyard and the gas station(I have pics of me in front of it), but was never able to go to the house because they moved it.  Last I saw it's in Kingsland where it was converted to a restaurant.  Damn, I'd love to hear how you ended up there.  You've probably talked about it on here before but I've never heard your story.  Hell, maybe I'll start a chainsaw thread some time and post my pictures of the locations and you can chime in.  Damn, that's crazy!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Make the thread and I'll tell some stories. It was a great place to live until the landlord decided she wouldn't fix anything anymore. And you're correct, the house was chopped up and moved to Kingsland and it's a restaurant now.

My bedroom when I moved in was Grandpa's room in the movie...
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:15:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Trilogy of Terror, Child's Play, Pet Sematary.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:15:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Saw 'Fire in the Sky' when I was 9, and I didn't sleep well for 6 months.

The best part? My Dad took me camping in the White Mountains, not far where the events in the movie supposedly took place, just a few months after that. I remember how long it took me to fall asleep, laying underneath those stars . . . .
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:18:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Do any of y'all remember a movie called D.E.W.? I think it was TV, it was on ABC.

Distant Early Warning.

I think I was 12 or 13 when it aired and it scared me to death... lol
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:18:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Taken to see Last House on the Left in 1972...I was 9
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:19:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Arachnophobia. Gave zero fucks about spiders before that movie. Saw it 20+ years ago, still hate spiders.

That movie scarred me.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:20:59 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Arachnophobia. Gave zero fucks about spiders before that movie. Saw it 20+ years ago, still hate spiders.

That movie scarred me.
View Quote
A movie I wish I could forget........

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:22:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Make the thread and I'll tell some stories. It was a great place to live until the landlord decided she wouldn't fix anything anymore. And you're correct, the house was chopped up and moved to Kingsland and it's a restaurant now.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That creepy ass little room?!  Damn!  Wow!  

I looked into the house/restaurant a few months ago and it looks like it's shut down right now.  Sucks cause I really want to visit it sometime before it gets torn down or something.  Most of the other locations are inaccessible now.  For example the road seen in the final scene.  Can't get up there anymore.  Only real place left to check out is the gas station and cemetery.

I'm about to call it a night but I'll start that thread some time and give you a heads up.

Goddamn chainsaw house!  Damn.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:24:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
"Trilogy of Terror" that little doll haunted my dreams.

"Gargoyles", I snuck down the hallway to peek around the corner and watch it while my Mom was sitting on the couch. I can still hear their wailing calls.
View Quote

I watched that when it came out. I was 8 or 9 at the time and freaked me out so much that it created sleep habits that continue to this day.
I know it's not real now but back and even now, then this little bastard looks like pure f#$king evil!
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:27:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The Exorcist scared the shit out of me! ..
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:27:58 PM EDT
[#35]
The Sentinel---when that creepy, bleached white-guy just walks across the room.  Scared the bejeezus outta me--- 1970's style.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:28:28 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Do any of y'all remember a movie called D.E.W.? I think it was TV, it was on ABC.

Distant Early Warning.

View Quote

This one?

Distant Early Warning

• An Arctic radar station is visited by creatures from space. Doc: Herb Edelman. Vic: Michael Parks. Jane: Mary Frann. Dennis: Tony Geary

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:31:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Night Of The Living Dead; scared the crap out of me!
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:31:52 PM EDT
[#38]
The original Night of the Living Dead. Saw it when it first came out as an 8 year old. Spent many a night looking out my 2 floor window scared to death that they were out there in the woods.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:32:36 PM EDT
[#39]
ET! As a kid it scared the fuck out of me. To this day I still have issues watching it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:35:22 PM EDT
[#40]
planet of the apes  scared the heck out of me in the late 60's
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:35:24 PM EDT
[#41]
The only movie that ever freaked me out was the original Salem's Lot when it came out.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:38:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
This one?

Distant Early Warning

• An Arctic radar station is visited by creatures from space. Doc: Herb Edelman. Vic: Michael Parks. Jane: Mary Frann. Dennis: Tony Geary

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Distant Early Warning.

This one?

Distant Early Warning

YES! That was it. No real action, just a study in people melting down when they know something bad is happening but don't know what it really is..
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:42:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I hate to admit it but for me it was Chucky....I saw it years later and I laughed at it.
View Quote

Grew up in Florida, not far from the Cape. Big sci-fi fan early on. Saw Steve McQueen in................The Blob!! The original! Premise was all too believable.  Bug comes from Space in a meteorite, becomes blood sucking blob..................Scared the crap out of me for weeks. Still get a shiver whenever I see a meteor/ite.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:42:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Alien
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:42:53 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

That movie scarred me.
View Quote
This is the movie that I remember being the one that messed with my head the most.  

Probably too young the first time I watched it.   Didn't help that my dad knew I was freaked, and waited until I was almost asleep and threw this giant rubber tarantula we had on me in bed.

Never knew I could levitate before that, but I'll be damned if I didn't levitate right off the damn bed.  I've watched it a few times since then and find it entertaining.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:43:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Not sure it would be a horror movie, but as a youth Poltergeist scared the living shit outta me!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:43:11 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm going to date myself here-The Blob with Steve McQueen.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:43:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Matango: Attack of the Mushroom People.  I think I was like 5 at the time and it freaked me out.

Curiously most 'horror' movies never scared me when I was little because I would pick on them MST3K style.  Drove my big sister crazy because I was always making cracks like, "That's stupid.  Why doesn't she run out the door instead of up the stairs!" or "How can that guy just get up after getting shot twice in the head?"

The ending of The Exorcist disturbed me because falling down a flight of concrete stairs was a something that could really happen.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:44:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

That movie scarred me.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:49:00 PM EDT
[#50]
The Exorcist and The Shining both came out when I was a kid and scared the crap out of me.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top