Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/5/2014 11:14:45 PM EDT
If you did, how long/far did you go?

I was tempted to a couple of times, but I never did.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:17:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, ran away when I was 7.  Got about a mile away and was returned by a family friend.  Man I was a stupid child.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:19:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Left home at 17 to live with my dad and grandparents.  Divorced family.
Figured out why my Dad left us.  Never looked back.  My Grandfather was great to me.
Good news is it was only two blocks.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:28:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I told my brothers I was running away and hid in the basement for about an hour, the got bored.

Does that count?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:30:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Never even considered it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:30:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I did. 6 years old. I camped out under a tree in the back yard for about 3 days before caved. What broke me? Fucking spider in my sleeping bag.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:33:11 PM EDT
[#6]
When I was like 14 I thought I was a bad ass and ran off into the woods for the better part of a day. I eventually got hungry and cold and decided to return home only to the house locked up tight and my father refusing to let me in. I slept outside that night cold and hungry and learned my lesson.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:36:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Nope.
I had great parents and brother and sisters.

Great eats, neat bedroom, and a fort in the back yard.

Why would I ever want to leave Camelot.....

And then I grew up and the real world set in....

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:37:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And then I grew up and the real world set in....

View Quote

And now you wish you could run away?  

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:38:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Yea I did.  I was 8-10 best I recall and ill prepared.  I think I left out about lunch for the tall grass 2 blocks away and was back for dinner.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:39:59 PM EDT
[#10]
No.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:42:26 PM EDT
[#11]
12 miles or more.  Gone for a few hours, on my bicycle.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:42:59 PM EDT
[#12]
1st grade.   I bivvied in some bushes along Tank Destroyer Blvd.   Eventually, my canteen of chocolate milk ran dry.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:43:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I knew if I did that I better never return or an epic ass whippin would be in store so I never tried.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:43:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:46:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Yes. Cops found me sleeping in a canal and took me home.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:46:34 PM EDT
[#16]
No just spent extended periods of time away from my parents when I was a teenager being a dumbass kid getting into trouble.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:47:39 PM EDT
[#17]
no, but sometimes i feel like running away now.

i'm 47.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:49:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:50:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My parents ran away from home when I was 16. Moved to Malaysia, and left me and my brother in Denmark.

View Quote

You guys must have been some real bastards.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:51:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:52:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:54:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I begged them to take me with them, and send me to school in Singapore - but apparently it was too much of a hassle for them.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My parents ran away from home when I was 16. Moved to Malaysia, and left me and my brother in Denmark.

You guys must have been some real bastards.

I begged them to take me with them, and send me to school in Singapore - but apparently it was too much of a hassle for them.  

Sorry
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:07:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Yea
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:08:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:11:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My parents ran away from home when I was 15.. Moved to Malaysia, and left me and my brother in Denmark.

View Quote

Pippi Longstocking?! I love your hair!
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:12:53 AM EDT
[#26]
No, but in retrospect, I should have.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:14:41 AM EDT
[#27]
When I was four, my mom told me to clean my room but I didn't want to. I guess I was just tired of her shit.

I seem to remember packing a little suitcase with a pillow, and a pair of pants, and I told her "I'm running away FOREVER!" And her standing on the porch, it seemed like she was crying sooooo hard.

I got to the end of the driveway and was distracted by a neighbors cat, and decided not to run away.

But it turns out she wasn't crying, she was laughing her ass off.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:16:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:16:47 AM EDT
[#29]
nobody noticed though
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:17:51 AM EDT
[#30]
I did the same thing but it was the garage. I came out from hiding  when he was crying
Quoted:
I told my brothers I was running away and hid in the basement for about an hour, the got bored.

Does that count?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:22:05 AM EDT
[#31]
I ran away from Catholic school one day. Teacher pissed me off one morning and I made it 4 miles away. The fucking janitor found me eating lunch at a Biscuitville...

Mom took me out of there the next week so it was worth it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:28:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Kinda... All the time. Growing up in Maine, I spent most all of my time outdoors. I began attending survival schools/camps when I was 12. We had a ton of property, and I had permission to be on the surrounding properties, it was all woods with a few fields and 2 streams running through it. Every now and then I would take off and go live in the woods for a few days to a week. Freaked my parents out at first, but they soon realized I was fine. I had a few different primitive camp sites built around the property, I do miss those days.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:33:47 AM EDT
[#33]
When I was really little I ran away, but I wasn't allowed to cross the road, so I kept walking around the block.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:41:21 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

When I was four, my mom told me to clean my room but I didn't want to. I guess I was just tired of her shit.

I seem to remember packing a little suitcase with a pillow, and a pair of pants, and I told her "I'm running away FOREVER!" And her standing on the porch, it seemed like she was crying sooooo hard.

I got to the end of the driveway and was distracted by a neighbors cat, and decided not to run away.

But it turns out she wasn't crying, she was laughing her ass off.
View Quote

Apparently when I was around 3 or 4, I walked into the living room wearing a pair of cowboy boots and a girls sun hat with a backpack in my hand saying I was running away to my grandparents.

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:48:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Yup, I was quite young.  Came back though unwilling, when I realized I had no place to go.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:50:38 AM EDT
[#36]
7th grade. Took the train to manhattan. Didn't have nearly enough money for the train to Florida or I would have been on it to grandmas house. My parents still dont know about it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:52:51 AM EDT
[#37]
I was ten and was throwing a fit in the PX. Mom got pissed and I ran out the door, said I leaving for good . The State Patrol detachment was right next door and my Mom went there for help.
In awhile this tall guy in a cool looking uni walks up to me and we have a nice talk. Before we're done, I ask him how tall do I have to be to be like him. He says '6 feet and I have to be good'. So I promise him I'll make it to 6 feet and stay good.
Well I made it to 6-3 and stayed good and became a Police Officer.
Now if Dad had been there that day, I would have gotten an ass whippin and told to behave (but he was in the VA hospital..again)
Ed

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 1:02:02 AM EDT
[#38]
for about 30 minutes once lol.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 1:26:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Never had a reason to.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 1:30:24 AM EDT
[#40]
I came in prepared..lasted for a week...

Fuck. 7th grade. I think I was 13 or 14 at that time. My own laptop(YES, MY OWN 600$ AT THAT TIME, NOT BIRTHDAY MONEY, I got the money from scrap metal and cans). Was overdosing on WoW. Mom comes in and breaks my laptop "because I got 2 Cs and have bloodshot eyes"..FUCK. I throw a rage. I got so pissed, I took a bunch of her jewelry and said ill rip it apart(I never did though, but I still took it with me). And took about 100$(all I had left as my savings). Packed a few tshirts/pants/stole food from fridge , hopped on my bike, weeping over my laptop , and went whenever . Must have traveled 3-4 miles before I calmed down and assed the situation--maybe the screen is just broken and I can still hook up a monitor to it and play(unfortunately, no, she fucking smashed the CPU). Still chanting to myself how my mom is a bitch, etc.

That was the shittiest week of my life, cold every day(it was late October), stinking like ass, didn't know anyone, lost probably 10 lbs(and I was skinny as fuck), hungry all day( I tried to "Jew up" my hard earned money, so I slept on a bench in the streets, with like 5 shirts and 2 pants on...XTRA HEAT I was fucking 13 at that time and the new Xbox was coming out--and I HAD to get it. And now I had to also replace my most prized possession at that time--my laptop.
And she never paid me back for my laptop.I still cant forgive her for that incident , even though she did many great things for me . Yea, deep inside my soul I am still pissed at my mom after all these years. I try not to think about it too much though, she caused me a mental breakdown, I though i'd go insane.

Came back a week later with bags under my eyes , even bigger bloodshot eyes looking like a holocaust survivor.

I gave that B all the jewelry back, but she didn't give me back my 600$. Fuck. Then I decided to do somthing worse, what other young teens do--just slowly steal money from her wallet. There is NO WAY I could get back that cash nor could I ask her for it--she had a policy against giving me money/gifting me money. I mean I got a Halloween 10$ watch for my 18 Birthday...Wtf am I going to spend it on. Drugs? She thought I was irresponsible
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 1:43:42 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Fuck. 7th grade. I think I was 13 or 14 at that time. My own laptop(YES, MY OWN 600$ AT THAT TIME, NOT BIRTHDAY MONEY, I got the money from scrap metal and cans). Was overdosing on WoW. Mom comes in and breaks my laptop "because I got 2 Cs and have bloodshot eyes"..FUCK. I throw a rage. I got so pissed, I took a bunch of her jewelry and said ill rip it apart(I never did though, but I still took it with me). And took about 100$(all I had left as my savings). Packed a few tshirts/pants/stole food from fridge , hopped on my bike, weeping over my laptop , and went whenever . Must have traveled 3-4 miles before I calmed down and assed the situation--maybe the screen is just broken and I can still hook up a monitor to it and play(unfortunately, no, she fucking smashed the CPU). Still chanting to myself how my mom is a bitch, etc.

That was the shittiest week of my life, cold every day(it was late October), stinking like ass, didn't know anyone, lost probably 10 lbs(and I was skinny as fuck), hungry all day( I tried to "Jew up" my hard earned money, I was fucking 13 at that time and the new Xbox was coming out--and I HAD to get it. And now I had to also replace my most prized possession at that time--my laptop.

And she never paid me back for my laptop.I still cant forgive her for that incident , even though she did many great things for me . Yea, deep inside my soul I am still pissed at my mom after all these years. I try not to think about it too much though, she caused me a mental breakdown, I though i'd go insane.

Came back a week later with bags under my eyes , even bigger bloodshot eyes looking like a holocaust survivor.

I gave that B all the jewelry back, but she didn't give me back my 600$. Fuck. Then I decided to do somthing worse, what other young teens do--just slowly steal money from her wallet. There is NO WAY I could get back that cash nor could I ask her for it--she had a policy against giving me money/gifting me money. I mean I got a Halloween 10$ watch for my 18 Birthday...Wtf am I going to spend it on. Drugs? She thought I was irresponsible
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 1:51:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Only once.  I was 7 and my parents wouldn't let me watch the TV special "KIss Meets the Phantom of the Park".

I don't remember exactly what happened, but I never even made it out the door.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiss_Meets_the_Phantom_of_the_Park
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:00:49 AM EDT
[#43]
I almost did once when I was 7. I packed my bag with some toys and was about to head out the door when my mom asked what I was going to eat for dinner.
I never made it out the door.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:03:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Yes..........my parents initiated it when I was 17 years old.

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:14:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That was the shittiest week of my life, cold every day(it was late October), stinking like ass, didn't know anyone, lost probably 10 lbs(and I was skinny as fuck), hungry all day( I tried to "Jew up" my hard earned money, so I slept on a bench in the streets, with like 5 shirts and 2 pants on...XTRA HEAT I was fucking 13 at that time and the new Xbox was coming out--and I HAD to get it. And now I had to also replace my most prized possession at that time--my laptop.

View Quote

I currently have a stupid as hell 17 year old, that sounds a lot like you. If you don't like me, feel free to leave the smart phone,clothes,computer, Ipads, laundered clothing, food and warm bed. Insurance, water, electricity, cable, gas...

Fly and be free. twinkletoes. My son got ONE do-over when he was like you, young, dumb, cold and hungry. He was welcome home, but if he does it again, it's a commitment. If he took my jewelry, I'd have had him arrested. You are so friggin lucky Your mom isn't as mean as I am.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:17:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Not that I recall.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:20:55 AM EDT
[#47]

Nope.

No matter how many times my Mom packed my suitcase.

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:30:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Back in 1967 when I was ten, four of us jumped on a freight train and headed out. We made it over 200 miles till the train stopped to switch crews. It was a long night, we got caught the next morning when my Dad came to get us the ride home was very quiet. When we got home I got spanked with a wire fly-swatter handle, it cured me of train riding.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:56:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Nope, but I moved out when I was 17 and a senior in HS.  My older brother (8 years older) is a piece of shit scumbag.  Told my mom either him or me, she just kind of laughed as if I couldn't do it.  Packed my shit up after school the next day and moved the fuck out.  Never lived with mommy again.  Older brother is currently in prison.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:10:43 AM EDT
[#50]
First time I was 7 and mom helped me pack. I made it as far as the porch. The chocolate chip cookies she happened to be baking seemed more important than my freedom.

Second time I was 17 and never went back. Of course I had graduated high school and moved to college which I paid for. I turned 18 a couple of months later. I remember telling myself that no one was gonna give me anything now. I was gonna have to earn my way. This was in '91 when we called it leaving the nest, taking on the world, or growing the hell up. According to today's standards it would be running away.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top