Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/25/2013 8:07:27 AM EDT
Because I swear at 75% of drivers don't use them anymore.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:08:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Lack of respect for other people due to being in a cone of selfishness (their own car)

And people are shitty.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:10:38 AM EDT
[#2]
No, they quit teaching that years ago. Along with right turn on red AFTER STOP.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:10:48 AM EDT
[#3]
and assholes riding the left lane doing the speed limit or slower.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:11:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I believe turn signals became optional about six months after they were invented. That was around 1925, I think. Besides, who cares what the turn signal indicates? Look at what the car is doing, not the little, flashing light. The little, flashing light won't total your car when the photons hit you.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:12:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Pretty sure they canceled driver’s-ed all together…

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:13:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

But good chance they at least will have their left blinker on....
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:13:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I think the reason that many have stopped is that they need both hands to text while driving.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:14:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I believe turn signals became optional about six months after they were invented. That was around 1925, I think. Besides, who cares what the turn signal indicates? Look at what the car is doing, not the little, flashing light. The little, flashing light won't total your car when the photons hit you.
View Quote

A lot of the time the turn signal doesn't indicate the actual direction the person will be turning.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:16:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote

Especially in the upper Midwest

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:17:44 AM EDT
[#10]
It's hard to reach the turn signal when texting!
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:17:52 AM EDT
[#11]
It's because cops stopped giving out tickets for not using your turn signal.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:20:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

THIS is the only time when I don't use the turn/merge signal -- when people camp in the left lane despite the build up of cars behind them and the room on the right to yield.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:24:27 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

They will still pull you over for it though and use it as cause for a fishing expedition.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:25:50 AM EDT
[#14]
I wish they would make cars with headlights again..
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:28:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Turn signals are a sign of weakness. They broadcast your intent to your opponent on the highway thus giving them time to react to your move and block you.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:29:20 AM EDT
[#16]
tell me about it
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:29:43 AM EDT
[#17]
I think turn signals are extras on vehicles when you purchase them now..

"Nah...don't need that...gemme the floor mats!"
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:31:21 AM EDT
[#18]
I was considering a thread asking if obeying stop signs and red lights were optional in North Carolina, and if pedestrians actually do have the right of way.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:32:02 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm so damn good there's no possible way I wouldn't see someone before cutting them off passing them.
You taking my intentions into account in formulating YOUR next planned action?
Your problem.
How dare you question my superior driving skills, peon..........

That and self absorbed/oblivious cell phone usage....

Cover everything?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:33:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Remember when they made the big deal about adding the 3rd brake light up high for safety when stopping? Yeah, it just lets the idiots drive around with two non-working brake lights instead of just one.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:33:47 AM EDT
[#21]
People are just stupid as hell nowadays. Obama got elected twice & you think that same populace can drive worth a damn? I am anal as fuck about blinkers. It's a pet peeve of mine. I use mine at 100+ mph. It's not fucking rocket science. I speed pretty much everywhere. Hate slow people on interstate & they get mad when I pass them. I like to cruise at around 90 on interstate, not many other people do.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:34:38 AM EDT
[#22]
I've noticed that drivers in the South are particularly bad about not using turn signals. Northern drivers are more aggressive as a group, but they'll at least put a signal on a few nanoseconds before they cut you off.

I postulated a theory a few years ago that Lincoln secretly abolished the institution of the turn signal alongside slavery, thus explaining this phenomenon. It hasn't gotten much traction yet, though.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:35:04 AM EDT
[#23]
If you use them in Georgia the other asshole will speed up to not let you in.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:35:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Turn signals are a sign of weakness. They broadcast your intent to your opponent on the highway thus giving them time to react to your move and block you.  
View Quote

You should be a driving instructor. I would pay extra for your class.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:38:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1

But I'm the ahole for having to pass them on the right.

I swear 1/2 the people I have to do this to flip me off. WTF
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:39:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Remember when they made the big deal about adding the 3rd brake light up high for safety when stopping? Yeah, it just lets the idiots drive around with two non-working brake lights instead of just one.
View Quote

AL state law at one time only required ONE working taillight.

Unsure if it's still that way.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:42:17 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

People are just stupid as hell nowadays. Obama got elected twice & you think that same populace can drive worth a damn? I am anal as fuck about blinkers. It's a pet peeve of mine. I use mine at 100+ mph. It's not fucking rocket science. I speed pretty much everywhere. Hate slow people on interstate & they get mad when I pass them. I like to cruise at around 90 on interstate, not many other people do.
View Quote

Ditto. It really sucks living in MN and having that driving personality. People are SOOOO effing stupid on the road here. Had someone brake check and flick me off yesterday when he had a clear lane in the right and was matching the speed of the traffic in front of him that would have made it dangerous for me to pass him. Fuck left lane cruisers

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:43:34 AM EDT
[#28]

Cars have something where you can simply extend your pinky finger to actuate a device that will advise other drivers of your intentions?

Something that requires the smallest possible amount of thought and effort?

These are called "turn signals" you say?

Damn, you learn something new every day.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:44:23 AM EDT
[#29]
People only have two hands.  Between the radio, phone, steering wheel, coffee, food, and turn signal, I'm impressed that more people don't drive right off the road because the steering wheel takes a lower priority.

Seriously though, it isn't that fucking hard to use a turn signal.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:44:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Never use them in Miami area, it a signal to all the cubans and Haitians for them to speedup and block you from moving over  
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:44:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Aint nobody got time fo dat
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:46:03 AM EDT
[#32]
I see people signal all the time.

Usually when they are already halfway through their turn or lane-change.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:46:58 AM EDT
[#33]
I vote for too busy on the phone.  I drive a car for 40 hours a week and I get to see a lot of it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:47:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Followed one of my co-workers out of the parking lot and down the road for about 5 miles. His right brake light was out.

This morning I told him that his passengers brake light is out, and oh, his turn signals don't work either.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:49:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

if you can't handle diving i 29 and i 90 you need to stay up there you'll go nuts on I 4
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:53:26 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

if you can't handle diving i 29 and i 90 you need to stay up there you'll go nuts on I 4
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I90 is better than I35 around the start of it. People have it set in their mind that they need to be in their left exit lane 3 miles before they exit and the speed limit is artificially low at 50mph. I've never been on 4, but I'm thinking of looking for work in Florida after school, so who knows

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:55:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Based upon the driver around here, they quit years ago. It's one of my pet peives.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:58:33 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote

Why should they? They don't use them either.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 9:03:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Around here, people figure that if they don't use 'em in NASCAR, then they don't need to use 'em.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 9:04:10 AM EDT
[#40]
The only thing a turn signal means is that the light works.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 9:20:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I was considering a thread asking if obeying stop signs and red lights were optional in North Carolina, and if pedestrians actually do have the right of way.
View Quote

Where are you? Here they don't go on green much less red, they will not make a right on red, they will not leave a stop sign if traffic is visible in any direction or even might appear, they stop for yeild signs especially at round-a-bouts and remain there if another vehicle is in the circle even if they're two potential turns away they have no idea what lane they should be in before or while in a traffic circle, if the t/s is on it's usually opposite the direction they're going, 10-15 under is the norm unless it's a neighborhood then it's 10-15 over, and you must honk anytime you leave or pass an aquantances house regardless of hour, if it rains they do 20 on the interstate and often actually stop in the traffic lanes, they will not pass a liquorcycle, the liquorcycles rarely have functional lights and have no idea they're suppose to have their non-licensed ass all the way to the right so that traffic can pass them. Oh and being an illegal, driving without a license, insurance or registration on the odd fucking chance they get pulled over it equals a court summons for whatever name they provided today, no arrest, no impound, just have a nice day.

Peds have right of way in marked and unmarked crosswalks at intersections in residential and business districts, in accordance with traffic control devices, and crossing alleys, driveways, and business entrances, anywhere else they must yeild to traffic.

if serious
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 9:29:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Never use them in Miami area, it a signal to all the cubans and Haitians for them to speedup and block you from moving over  
View Quote

I see we have one of BKC1869's driving students. Did he charge extra to learn how to wave a gun at the Cubans and the Haitians, or was that included? I learned to drive in New Jersey and we did not have Cubans and Haitians at the time. We did not have drunk rednecks in my area, either, so the teacher skipped the chapter on waving guns at other drivers. I feel I was cheated in my education.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 9:31:36 AM EDT
[#43]
90% of all drivers out there on the roads have next to zero real driving skills.   that includes the idiots that claim "I'm a great driver"

eta...any moron can drive 90 in the left lane......what are you going to do when someone suddenly moves into your lane without a signal and leaves you nowhere to go but up his tailpipe?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 9:31:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I think the reason that many have stopped is that they need both hands to text while driving.
View Quote

THERE is your answer.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 9:32:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Based upon the driver around here, they quit years ago. It's one of my pet peives.
View Quote

In other news, the D.C. area (including VA and MD) is now #1 in the USA for rate of accidents.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 9:39:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

And we're off and running . . . . .

And speeders, and tailgaters, and aggressive and reckless drivers, and . . . . chunks of concrete.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 9:43:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

In other news, the D.C. area (including VA and MD) is now #1 in the USA for rate of accidents.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The good news is that none of them involve any significant injury or property damage, because nobody ever gets above 10mph in that area.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 9:46:49 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
And speeders, and tailgaters, and aggressive and reckless drivers, and . . . . chunks of concrete.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Stay out of the fucking left lane then!

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 9:46:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The good news is that none of them involve any significant injury or property damage, because nobody ever gets above 10mph in that area.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True dat.  Anyone know if we are still in 2nd place for worst traffic in the US??  I am sure we are still in the top 5 (traffic here is the WORST!).
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 9:49:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Some truth to this.  My uncle was a police officer for over 30 years.  His biggest pet peeve traffic wise was not using turn indicators.

He would give you a ticket in a heart beat for not using one.  

But he rarely gave out speeding tickets.  Once told me he did not really give a damn how fast people were going as long as they were not being an ass about it  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top