Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2002 6:18:30 AM EDT
I was wondering if everyone else thinks the same way I do. It is rumored that K-mart is in the toilet. Well, I know their wonder spokesperson Rosie O'Donnel is very anti-gun and they even stopped selling ammo because of her.

As far as I am concerned, good riddence. One less liberal organization for me to avoid due to their willingness to stomp freely on the second amendment.

What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 6:22:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Actually, I think the Conservatives killed Kmart - by taking their business elsewhere. I know I did.

You can't stand to lose 4,000,000 customers (the bulk of NRA membership) and stay in business.

Link Posted: 1/18/2002 6:23:49 AM EDT
[#2]
K-Mart killed K-Mart.

K-Mart sat there with both feet propped up on an ottoman and repeatedly shot its' self in the feet.  Hear a rumor they finally used a machine gun.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 6:24:48 AM EDT
[#3]
true, but at the base of the problem, the "reason" everyone left, were the liberals.

They always have to go and screw up everything.......not that I ever loved k-mart, but now one less place to buy ammo in a pinch.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 6:26:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Uber -

Don't give the Libs credit for what WE did.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 6:30:09 AM EDT
[#5]
True, there is definately something to be said mass action, or mass boycott rather.

All in all , their liberal attitude pissed off the conservatives, their bread and butter so to speak, so they deserve to go down the tubes.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 6:34:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 6:37:56 AM EDT
[#7]
[b]Liquidation sale![/b] I'm still waiting for my local KMart's blue light liquidation ammo and guns sale....
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 6:38:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I think Walmart killed Kmart.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 6:39:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's definitely hard to argue with that logic!
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 7:01:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Kmart has been committing slow suicide for the last 20 years or so.

I can remember when I was a kid, how you could go to Kmart and find everything you needed to tune you car.  Price was less that local Auto Parts Store, and they had a wide selection: points, plugs, caps, wires, etc.  Somewhere around the early 80's the selection was reduced to pine tree air fresheners and floor mats.  Their selection and quality storewide dwindled to nothing and the price was nothing to wrie home about.

Come the 90's they started reducing hourly overhead (read that: people who actually do the work in the store).  They also ditched the Blue Light.  I have a friend who used to manage a local Kmart.  Home office never allowed him to staff the store effectively.  When they announced that they were changing his store to a "Big K" super-Kmart, he quit to become a car salesman.  He had better than 15 years in Kmart and saw the writing on the wall.

Kmart simply sucks. Don't ask me, ask Rain Man.

That's why they're in trouble.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 7:46:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I was wondering if everyone else thinks the same way I do. It is rumored that K-mart is in the toilet. Well, I know their wonder spokesperson Rosie O'Donnel is very anti-gun and they even stopped selling ammo because of her.

As far as I am concerned, good riddence. One less liberal organization for me to avoid due to their willingness to stomp freely on the second amendment.

What do you guys think?
View Quote

The reason Kmart probably stopped selling guns & ammo is probably because in their mind, they aren't making that much money at it. But look at it this way, if over the years they stopped selling such things that they deem don't make enough money, they will simply shrink and go out of business.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 1:45:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do you guys think?
View Quote

The reason Kmart probably stopped selling guns & ammo is probably because in their mind, they aren't making that much money at it. But look at it this way, if over the years they stopped selling such things that they deem don't make enough money, they will simply shrink and go out of business.
View Quote

Where in the hell do you guys live? The K-Marts around here still sell GUNS and AMMO. They only sell long gun stuff though-nothing for pistols. They do have .223 ammo for $3.95/box - I wonder if they know it is used in those EVIL BLACK GUNS. They probably wouldn't sell it if they knew.
Finnbear out
(edited to say that I don't normally shop there but I was in one yesterday because it was the closest place I could go on my way home to pick up daipers for Finnbear Jr)
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 1:59:30 PM EDT
[#13]
K-Marts are shitholes! Every one that I have been in is filthy. They put pallets of merchandise in the aisles.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 2:05:17 PM EDT
[#14]
One must suspect "poor managemnt" as the culprit.

There is a K-Mart not 2 miles from where I live, and I am not impressed.
~ It looks shabby and dirty
~ The employees you can see have no "spirit"
~ The product shelves are full of gaps
~ The product selection leaves much to be desired.
~ The check out staff can't even use the equipment and have to call for a supervisor to bail them out of their quandry.

They deserve what they get... or don't!
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 2:06:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
K-Mart killed K-Mart.

K-Mart sat there with both feet propped up on an ottoman and repeatedly shot its' self in the feet.  Hear a rumor they finally used a machine gun.
View Quote
                                        EXACTLY......poor management.....rude careless employees........bad pricing and customer service.........that`s what killed k-fart....[puke]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 2:08:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
                                        This also............[stick]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top