Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/9/2011 2:27:28 PM EDT
I was about to post a reply in the SERE discussion, but the
button brought me back to the first page of GD.  A search said there is no SERE thread.

Which one of you was it?  
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 2:31:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
button brought me back to the first page of GD.  A search said there is no SERE thread.

Which one of you was it?  

Somebody went full retard with personal attacks in response to a lighthearted joke I made.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 2:32:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 2:32:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 2:33:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I was getting ready to reply also when it dissapeared.  Its not a fun school hope your brother likes raw potatoes.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 2:33:07 PM EDT
[#5]
SERE?
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 2:33:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I dunno, most of the stuff I saw was public knowledge, or well known enough to no matter. I didn't see anything detailing actual training regiments or what is specifically taught. I'm a civi but I won a contest to go do a SERE course run by former Spec-Ops guys out in AZ. I still had to sign a NDA for certain things, which was strange, but they did a full background check before you were eligible. Two week class. Stayed in a room for the first couple nights in a cabin then they came and snatched us in the night. Fun times. I really enjoyed what I learned and the bond I formed with the other guys there was pretty tight.

Daniel
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 2:36:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was getting ready to reply also when it dissapeared.  Its not a fun school hope your brother likes raw potatoes.

Raw potatoes aren't bad. They're like flavorless apples.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 2:39:36 PM EDT
[#8]
There was nothing wrong with that thread.

And I thought the joke was funny, too.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 2:39:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I was replying to whoever it was that posted "BOOTS!"

It's a good thing they didn't catch me grooving to the drum solo in Inna-Gada-Davida.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 2:41:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

It's a good thing they didn't catch me grooving to the drum solo in Inna-Gada-Davida.  

Boots, boots, marching over Africa.

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 2:47:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Dammit, now I have that stuck in my head.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 2:49:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 2:51:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dammit, now I have that stuck in my head.  

Consider it my gift to you.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 2:52:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everybody likes raw potatoes eventually.

Food aversions are subject to how hungry you are.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 2:52:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
SERE?

SERE
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 2:53:20 PM EDT
[#16]
I was diggin that thread, so do they break every bone in your body on purpose or just the end result for proper lulz for the instructors.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 2:53:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I dunno, most of the stuff I saw was public knowledge, or well known enough to no matter. I didn't see anything detailing actual training regiments or what is specifically taught. I'm a civi but I won a contest to go do a SERE course run by former Spec-Ops guys out in AZ. I still had to sign a NDA for certain things, which was strange, but they did a full background check before you were eligible. Two week class. Stayed in a room for the first couple nights in a cabin then they came and snatched us in the night. Fun times. I really enjoyed what I learned and the bond I formed with the other guys there was pretty tight.

Daniel

If something is classified, it does not matter if it was made public or is public knowledge or not, it is still classified.  Any person caught releasing or talking about classified information, even if publically known already, can still be prosecuted.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 2:54:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I was diggin that thread, so do they break every bone in your body on purpose or just the end result for proper lulz for the instructors.

I was able to position myself so they missed breaking three of my bones.

Those three were my personal victory.

OK, somebody's exagerating here.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#19]
IMO there was too much info in that thread.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:13:51 PM EDT
[#20]
My friends sister knew a guy that had a cousin that was married to the neighbor guy that lives down the street from a dude that told his nephew that he knew
this guy with a friend who had a brother that went to SERE school...

I doubt there was any threat to OPSEC.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:18:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
IMO there was too much info in that thread.

Yes, there were a few people who posted more than I would be comfortable with.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:21:27 PM EDT
[#22]
You drink your own pee and eat your own poop.....all day long for two weeks. OH shit....did I break opsec?!
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:21:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Let's be clear.

SERE school and what they do there provides the ability for out captured forces to survive and resist.

Anything that gives any hint of what goes on at SERE school is a threat to those that are and will be captured
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:22:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You drink your own pee and eat your own poop.....all day long for two weeks. OH shit....did I break opsec?!

No, that is the Bear Gryils survival school.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:23:18 PM EDT
[#25]
First rule of SERE club...

Drink your own piss.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:25:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:26:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Let's be clear.

SERE school and what they do there provides the ability for out captured forces to survive and resist.

Anything that gives any hint of what goes on at SERE school is a threat to those that are and will be captured

Google SERE.

There was nothing real in that thread that wasn't common knowledge.

But there was a lot of BS by internet commandos.

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:26:27 PM EDT
[#28]
The first Rule or SERE training is we do not talk about SERE training.

Only half joking
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:29:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let's be clear.

Google SERE.

So everything you read on the internet is true?

Having people with a tank below their name confirm random stuff on the internet is not a good plan.

Just because it's out there doesn't mean it's true, and it doesn't mean you can or should talk about it.

A common technique in espionage is to put out info and see which info is confirmed / talked about by people that should know, because it's already out there.

Don't help the enemy. It's hard enough already.

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:36:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let's be clear.

Google SERE.

Having people with a tank below their name confirm random stuff on the internet is not a good plan.

Just because it's out there doesn't mean it's true, and it doesn't mean you can or should talk about it.

A common technique in espionage is to put out info and see which info is confirmed / talked about by people that should know, because it's already out there.

Once again, there was nothing in that thread that gave anything away, even assuming that there's much to give away.

Have you even been through it?

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:37:04 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let's be clear.

Google SERE.

I missed the thread but, yes....

look at wikileaks - there's a reason why we don't read that stuff on our home computers - still classified even though it's  "public"

same with info on our courses - especially SERE.... knowing what they learn in class means you learn how they were taught to resist breaking - so you can work around it.... NOT info that needs to be public
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:39:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Somebody posted this top secret pic:

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:42:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let's be clear.

Google SERE.

Once again, there was nothing in that thread that gave anything away, even assuming that there's much to give away.

Have you even been through it?

Have I ever Been through it?

yes, The highest level the USAF offers. 1984. I lost 15 pounds of hard earned muscle.

IMO there was too much in that thread, including some specifics that were too specific IMO.

The stakes are too high to even talk around it. The next guy that gets bound and has a rifle at the back of his head agrees with me.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:44:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Let's be clear.

Worth repeating.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:46:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Someone gave up how they enable themselfs to shoot Skittles out of thier hindquarters.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:47:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Maybe I missed the last posts or something. All I saw was a bunch of keyboard commandos speculating. Pretty much like every Arfcom thread.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:48:39 PM EDT
[#37]
I didn't read the whole thread, but I didn't see anything particularly incriminating. Most of it was common knowledge stuff, hearsay, or tall tales.

But it was wise to shut that down before it spiraled.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:56:36 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Everybody likes raw potatoes eventually.

Food aversions are subject to how hungry you are.

Or how close you are to getting to a real DFAC vs MRE's.  The morning we were headed back to garrison after 8 straight in the field and one of the other Officer Candidates opened an MRE I almost puked it smelled so bad.  That was just because we were only about and hour from a reasonable facsimile of real food, though.

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 4:37:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which one of you was it?  

Somebody went full retard with personal attacks in response to a lighthearted joke I made.

Some of the things posted were borderline criminal. If not a violation.

Its not a fucking game.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 4:40:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:02:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Hey - I don't have one!  Did I miss a memo???
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:05:39 PM EDT
[#42]
I requested that the thread be deleted.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:07:54 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey - I don't have one!  Did I miss a memo???

if you are serious, get in the team forum and look at the tacked posts

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:08:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let's be clear.

Google SERE.

I have to laugh at that sentiment only because when we're labeling things "Top Secret" we're turning around and selling/giving that shit away to any country that wants it. It's a joke. But to each his own.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:10:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Beadwindow....
Out
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:35:47 PM EDT
[#46]
I was just going to expound on the virtues of taking a 2x4 to the liver and living on the .mil med retirement tit the rest of my life, when BAM, the thread vaporized.

I purposely misspelled my name on the NDA, so I am free to talk about it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:13:37 PM EDT
[#47]
I'll tell you anything you want to know about SERE school. If the government doesn't like it, they can come and g
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:17:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It was me that posted about "Boots".
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:18:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'll tell you anything you want to know about SERE school. If the government doesn't like it, they can come and g

See dude, I told you if you started talking about it they wou
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:28:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, that is the Bear Gryils survival school.

OH SNAP, SON.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top