Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2004 7:22:48 AM EDT
My students are saying that sKerry mistakenly quoted John 3:16  "For God so loved the world...", but referenced John 16:3.

Well, it ends up that John 16:3 is...

" And they will do these things to you because they have not known the Father nor Me. "

Any truth to this?  This is Skerry if true!
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:27:09 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
My students are saying that sKerry mistakenly quoted John 3:16  "For God so loved the world...", but referenced John 16:3.

Well, it ends up that John 16:3 is...

" And they will do these things to you because they have not known the Father nor Me. "

Any truth to this?  This is Skerry if true!

No. Urban legend, attributed to pretty much ever candidate since clinton, if not earlier.

Check snopes....
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:33:08 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Check snopes....

+1: www.snopes.com/politics/bush/bibleverse.asp
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:37:12 AM EDT
[#3]
The important part is this-

GWB goes to church to pray.

JFK goes to church to give political speaches.

This is fact- JFK was going to attend the local catholic church in Charleston; However when told that he would not be allowed to give a speach he declined to come.

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:02:35 AM EDT
[#4]
The fact is, that if Bush was a christian he wouldnt be a politician.

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:04:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:05:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The fact is, that if Bush was a christian he wouldnt be a politician.

Sir, first, Christian is always spelled with a capital 'C'.

Second, while we can't know the hearts of others, I do believe that Bush is a Christian.

And SOMEONE has to be in politics.

In the 3rd Chapter of Genesis, God expelled Adam and Eve from th Garden of Eden.

Bad as half the world (think John Lennon) would like to go back in, we have this ugly old world to deal with first.

And deal with it we will, and I pray that George Bush will be our leader in doing so rather than John Kerry.

That's all I can say without blowing a fuse.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:48:02 AM EDT
[#7]
And God said "Judge not, lest ye be Judged".

Our actions show our true nature, not our words.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:06:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Who cares if its an urban legend; its a good story, and maybe in this case we could adopt a page from the Dim's strategy book:  Tell a lie often enough, it'll be accepted as true!

Oh, BTW, I smell somewhere in this thread.  Maybe two.

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:39:24 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Who cares if its an urban legend; its a good story, and maybe in this case we could adopt a page from the Dim's strategy book:  Tell a lie often enough, it'll be accepted as true!

Oh, BTW, I smell somewhere in this thread.  Maybe two.

I can't agree. Lying isn't the way to go...even if it's just a functional lie.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top