Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 9:22:13 AM EDT
The show talked about how fucking scary wild and domesticated pigs are.  I had no idea pigs were so smart and that they are besieging america as we speak do america a favor kill some wild hogs and eat lots of bacon.   If you watch the show you will get a kick out of the rancher when he shoots the hog that is terrorizing his property.

Spelling is shitty I dont have time to fix it right now
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:35:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I didn't get to watch the whole show. What was the outcome of the one they dug up?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:35:46 AM EDT
[#2]
its horrible in some of parts of Texas, pigs everywhere destroying land for cattle. I've had good luck with my Ar and q3131a
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:38:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I didn't get to watch the whole show. What was the outcome of the one they dug up?

It was the largest ever found but not quite as large as the shooter and owner claimed.  Still it was 8 and a half feet long. and 850 pounds.  It got big by stealing high protien fish feed.  That fucking thing was smart enough to steal a bag from behind the feeders back.  Think about it an 850 pound hog snuck up behind someone and stole somthing without the human knowing it
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:41:13 AM EDT
[#4]
pigs are not dumb, but they do tast good. just ask any muslim
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:41:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
its horrible in some of parts of Texas, pigs everywhere destroying land for cattle. I've had good luck with my Ar and q3131a

They talked about that they also claimed that pigs are destroying crops all over the USA and that they are smart enough to not get caught very often.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:49:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:58:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Armalite AR-10...good medicine for wild hogs
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:00:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
trashotron.com/agony/images/2004/04-news/07-26-04/hogzilla.jpg

Nothing less than .45-70 for that pig.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:02:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I was reading a short story (Irons in the Fire, by John McPhee) about Brand Inspectors in Nevada and modern day cattle rustling.  The inspectors were observing a remote ranch where they were feeding rustled cows to pigs and shipping the calves off for fattening and later purchase.  They would shoot the cow with a .22 and the pigs (about 60 or various sizes) would come running, knowing they were going to be fed.  They'd just open up the cow and the pigs would get in and clean it out.  The brand inspectors referred to the operation as "ungodly"...and it was.  Guess they sent the hogs to market occasionally too.  The rustlers used geese, dogs and pigeons as sentinels.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:12:42 AM EDT
[#10]
The average American is taller, bigger, heavier than the rest of the world... it seems like our pigs are getting that way too!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:14:05 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The average American is taller, bigger, heavier than the rest of the world... it seems like our pigs are getting that way too!

Actually the largest hogs are born in japan and weigh in at 1100 pounds and around 11 to 12 feet long.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:19:10 AM EDT
[#12]
My brother, Lester, was the guy that was with the English scientist that helped exhume Hogzilla.  He was the geneticist that determined at the end that Hogzilla was a cross between a feral and a commercial hog.  

He looked real spiffy in his lab coat sampling out the DNA.  Oh, and he's a shooter, too!

Here he is with my 607.  He may be a nationally reknowned geneticist, but he doesn't know squat about trigger discipline...  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:02:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Actually the largest hogs are born in japan and weigh in at 1100 pounds and around 11 to 12 feet long.  

Do they grow that large loose in the "wild" or are they raised on a farm? Oh yeah, post some pics of those hogs! Here's one that was shot in TX.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top