Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2002 5:59:45 PM EDT
Used to be only about 10% of the material available was restricted.

Now it seems 100%. I could not find a single item that was available for download.

Anyone know what happened?

Anyone got a backup besides Kazaalite?
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:01:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Imesh
But keep your antivirus seriously up to date
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:06:57 PM EDT
[#2]
WinMX
[url]http://www.winmx.com/[/url]

It got mentioned over on slashdot, and every now and then you can find a diamond in the rough.  Haven't tried it myself though...
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:19:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Well it's true, they killed it...

[url]http://www.audiogalaxy.com/pages/thread.php?&t=21181212[/url]

RIAA, NMPA Reach Settlement With Audiogalaxy.com

Recording Industry Association of America, National Music Publishers’ Association Reach Settlement with Audiogalaxy.com

New York, NY, June 17, 2002 – The recording industry, music publishers and songwriters announced today that they have reached an out-of-court settlement with Audiogalaxy.com, the Napster-like clone, which requires Audiogalaxy to stop the infringement of copyrighted works on their peer-to-peer network.

Yada-yada-yada

Poor starving billionaire recording artists...

Yada-yada-yada

Lawyers continuing to ruin the country...

Yada-yada-yada

Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:33:26 PM EDT
[#4]
So is Audiogalaxy going to just shut down completely?

Hell saturday I just downloaded a song. But then again, most of the stuff I've downloaded is out of print or VERY hard to find Oi! and punk stuff. Anything else that I came across that was on a major label you weren't able to access.

So I don't know what the deal is for sure. But I hope I can find a place to get some of this rare stuff still.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:36:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 7:33:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Man don't that pull 20 pounds of vacuum on an onion sack. Audiogalaxy was the only one I'm using that would actually download a song. WinMX and kazaa lite never seem to finish a download unless I turn off my ZoneAlarm. Well given time something better will come along i hope. Guess I'll put off that formatting and re-installing XP until we have some long CD burning sessions.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 7:34:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So is Audiogalaxy going to just shut down completely?

Hell saturday I just downloaded a song. But then again, most of the stuff I've downloaded is out of print or VERY hard to find Oi! and punk stuff. Anything else that I came across that was on a major label you weren't able to access.

So I don't know what the deal is for sure. But I hope I can find a place to get some of this rare stuff still.
View Quote

Everything is blocked.

Even people uploading their own music that THEY wrote is blocked. They seemed to pull the plug this afternoon.

Pissed me off. I was downloading Tom Clancey Books on Audio. I got vol. 1,2,6,7 & 8 but need vol 3,4 & 5 to have all of Executive Orders. I paid for his books but I love having them on MP3 to play when I'm working.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 4:21:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Damn, that sucks. I found alot of stuff on there. I don't know if I'm just not looking right, but I was't able to find much using Kazaa.

Anybody know of any other free sites? Hell, I'd even be willing to pay a small monthly fee. I think AudioGalaxy was charging like four bucks or something if you became a "member" or something like that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top