Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2012 9:28:35 AM EDT
Cop talked to me just less than an hour ago in front of my house. Someone had knocked down a small tree in the neighborhood today and he thought I was the one who did it because my bumper has a dent. I told him it wasn't me and he seemed convinced, but he asked for my name and birthday anyway and he jotted it down on his book. Did I just get ticketed?
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:29:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you have a dog?
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:30:08 AM EDT
[#2]
No.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:30:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Did he say, "Appear in court on _____ date"? Did you sign anything?

You weren't ticketed.

It's going in a report as a "person interviewed", that's all.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:30:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Cop talked to me just less than an hour ago in front of my house. Someone had knocked down a small tree in the neighborhood today and he thought I was the one who did it because my bumper has a dent. I told him it wasn't me and he seemed convinced, but he asked for my name and birthday anyway and he jotted it down on his book. Did I just get ticketed?

Just getting the information correct for the impending no knock warrant.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:31:23 AM EDT
[#5]
No.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:31:45 AM EDT
[#6]
We all know what really happened...
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:31:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You weren't ticketed.

No, I didn't sign anything and it just looked like a regular notepad. oh ok, I see. Do they really right down the name of every single person they talk to while on patrol?
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:32:17 AM EDT
[#8]
No. He wrote down your info because he had contact with you in a official capacity.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:32:29 AM EDT
[#9]

No, but you now have plans for Friday night.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:41:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Big mistake.  The tow truck is on its way and your car will now be impounded for 6-8 weeks for disassembly and forensic analysis.  That's what you get for talking to The Man.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:41:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No. He wrote down your info because he had contact with you in a official capacity.  

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:41:47 AM EDT
[#12]
No you didn't get a ticket.  You did however just win a all expense paid cavity search.  

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:44:54 AM EDT
[#13]
No, probably just took down your name for his log.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:45:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You weren't ticketed.

No, I didn't sign anything and it just looked like a regular notepad. oh ok, I see. Do they really right down the name of every single person they talk to while on patrol?

Yes they do.  Has something to do with that racial profiling mandatory reporting stuff.  They document everyone they talk to.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:47:18 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just getting the information correct for the impending no knock warrant.

Well if thats the case, his neighbor is screwed.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:56:37 AM EDT
[#16]
You gave him your name and BD?

Have you not learned anything whilst reading ARFCOM?

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:59:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You gave him your name and BD?

Have you not learned anything whilst reading ARFCOM?

Well that's why I made this thread, reading all the threads on GD has made me paranoid of cops.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 10:02:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Every time I was a witness to an MVA (not involved), the same thing was asked.  When I assisted a sheriff officer in apprehending poachers (yes, I was deputized), the investigating officers asked me for this information.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 10:15:26 AM EDT
[#19]
This must be the dumbest post count boost of the day.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 10:16:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You weren't ticketed.

For his report, yes.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 10:17:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
No you didn't get a ticket.  You did however just win a all expense paid cavity search.    

Where do I sign up?
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 10:22:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yep.  I have to record the names of anyone I talk to in an official capacity.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 10:25:21 AM EDT
[#23]
No, he didn't hand you a ticket did he?

Anyway, the police can't cite you for that kind of crime.  You should expect a warrant in two to three weeks after the grand jury has had time to review the case.  

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 11:26:01 AM EDT
[#24]
dibs on ammo.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 11:31:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You weren't ticketed.

For his report, yes.

Yep.  "So-and-so said OP ran into it.  Spoke with OP.  Damage appeared old/inconsistent.  Unknown who ran into it."
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 12:03:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

No, but you now have plans for Friday night.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top