Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2006 8:50:07 AM EDT
Ive never shipped a firearm out of state before...so I go down to the fed-ex office to have a rifle shipped.  My bill is about 63$ for overnight.  I asked isnt overnight only required for pistols....and they say no...its required for all firearms.

Is that true?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:54:17 AM EDT
[#1]
WTF?!?!?!?!

Did they even use KY?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:54:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, you were screwed.  Post office for long guns.  No overnight necessary.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:56:12 AM EDT
[#3]
BEND OVER AND TAKE IT...........hock.gif
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:57:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yep, you were screwed.  Post office for long guns.  No overnight necessary.

Last gun I shipped was extraordinarily long (so extra fees for the dimensions), by air, cost me $31.25, USPS.

Dont ever tell the shipping folks you're shipping a gun, they freak out even though the laws and compnay's policies have no problem with guns.  It just sets shit off in their head and they say "No" to cover their ass.

Edited to clarify, this is assuming you yourself are obeying all relevant rules in transferring firearms to a new owner across state lines. As long as you're complying with all that, there's no reason to tell the clerk who's taking your package you have to tell them what you are shipping. If you do, you run the risk of a lot dealing with a lot of unnecessary bullshit.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:44:13 PM EDT
[#5]
BS, you can FedEx Ground rifles... We send and recieve them that way all the time. It's like $20.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:48:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
BS, you can FedEx Ground rifles... We send and recieve them that way all the time. It's like $20.

In case you're talking to me, it's a pain to ship parcels to or from AK by ground/sea.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top