Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2004 7:10:27 PM EDT
I'm in Mexico so the reception for the debate was a little sketchy. Did anyone else catch J Kerry saying  in the first few minutes that "WMD's cross the border (into Iraq) everyday and the President just doesn't get it." WTF??????? Then he followed up a few minutes later saying UBL uses Iraq to tell Muslims that the US declared war on Islam???? And some of you people think BUSH did poorly.

Man, that would be enought to get Kerry BANNED from ARFcom.

To give credit where credit is due, it was priceless when Kerry said invading Iraq in response to Iraq would have been the same as FDR attacking Mexico in response to Pearl Harbor.   Damn, I thought I was going to die right that second. I guess you would have had to be here.

I can't wait to come home and vote for BUSH!!!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:15:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah I was wondering about the FDR/mexico statement
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:18:03 PM EDT
[#2]
C'mon - tell me someone else heard Kerry say that UBL uses Iraq to show the Muslim world that the US has declared war on Islam. Holy shit. What a COLOSSIAL F*^$ UP.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:25:15 PM EDT
[#3]
my favorite was still how kerry "will add two active divisions to the army" and also "increase the special forces"...as if he can just order them out of a catalog or something.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:27:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
my favorite was still how kerry "will add two active divisions to the army" and also "increase the special forces"...as if he can just order them out of a catalog or something.

SOMEBODY needs to talk about what the Clinton reductions did to put us in this position.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:28:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
C'mon - tell me someone else heard Kerry say that UBL uses Iraq to show the Muslim world that the US has declared war on Islam. Holy shit. What a COLOSSIAL F*^$ UP.

I heard it, should show up in the transcripts
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:28:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I loved it when Bush mumbled something about how Kerry planned to pay for all the adding he was promising to add.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:29:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

WHAT?

Dammit.

/me puts special forces catelog down
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:36:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

He didn't say increase, he said double the special forces. So instead of being the best of the best, they'll just be the best.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:50:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He didn't say increase, he said double the special forces. So instead of being the best of the best, they'll just be the best.

A loud speaker at Fort Campbell is going to annouce "Attention all Army personel. The following have been instantly upgraded to Spec Ops to double the size of the Special Forces. " Is that Kerry's way of double the size?

Let's not overlook Kerry's plan to reduce the number of Nukes in four years. How he's going to reduce something going on since Reagan's second term in four years ought to be rich.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:55:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SOMEBODY needs to talk about what the Clinton reductions did to put us in this position.

SOMEBODY needs to explain that you can't just call 'Soldiers-R-US' and order '2 Mech Inf Divisions with a side of 40,000 Special Forces Troopers'
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:07:06 PM EDT
[#11]
btt - I thought this was pretty important.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:16:52 PM EDT
[#12]
How about a little thing called the truth? What about Kerry's claim that GW spent $200 billion on the War in Iraq, when the Gubbermint Bean Counting office just released the actual spending to date at $119 billion. Anyone can argue that things are out of control when they can site "facts" that are based on daydreams and wishes.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:30:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'm in Mexico so the reception for the debate was a little sketchy. Did anyone else catch J Kerry saying  in the first few minutes that "WMD's cross the border (into Iraq) everyday and the President just doesn't get it." WTF???????

I think what he was trying to say is that terrorists and car bombs (explosives) are crossing the border into Iraq every day and causing mass destruction, but it certainly came out sounding very strange.  I think he was trying to make some kind of analogy that although Bush didn't find the WMDs everyone thought were in Iraq, the U.S. presence is now attracting "WMDs" in the form of terrorists into Iraq - but it was a really silly thing to try to pull off, because it sounded all wrong and confused a bunch of people.  WMD has a very specific meaning and you can't just use to as an analogy with something else.

I was very glad to hear the President call Senator Kerry out on his comments about the absence of allies in the war in Iraq.  In the past year that I spent in Kuwait, I saw soldiers from dozens of countries on their way to and from Iraq, and I find it extremely disrespectful for anyone to discount their contributions, no matter how many soldiers they sent to support the war.  Somewhere I have a very touching email that was written to the U.S. Army's Coalition liaison officer by a Spanish NCO expressing his sorrow that Spain was pulling his unit out of Iraq and saying that the Spanish soldiers will always remember the Americans they served with in Iraq.  I'll post it if I can locate it.

Dave
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top