Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2003 8:48:23 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 8:50:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Why didn't anybody say shit when Halliburton was ripping us off in Bosnia in 1996?
And why is Brown and Root called Halliburton?
Why don't they call "CBS" General Electric?
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:09:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Kellogg Brown & Root has been a wholly owned subsidiary of Halliburton since the 1960s. That's when they added Kellogg to the name.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:17:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds to me like buyer's remorse, mixed with a [b]liberal[/b] application of sour grapes.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:27:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Major purchases include Brown & Root, an engineering and construction company, in 1962 and Dresser Industries, a major provider of integrated services and project management for the oil industry, in 1998.

Dresser had acquired M.W. Kellogg, a leader in petroleum refining and petrochemical processing, technology, engineering and construction, in 1988.

KBR, the E&C group, serves the midstream and downstream sectors of the energy industry by designing and building liquefied natural gas plants, refining and processing plants and production facilities and pipelines both on- and offshore. KBR's non-energy business meets the E&C needs of governments and civil infrastructure customers.

The KBR business group includes Government Operations; Infrastructure; Onshore Operations; Offshore Operations; and Operations and Maintenance.

Quoted:
Kellogg Brown & Root has been a wholly owned subsidiary of Halliburton since the 1960s. That's when they added Kellogg to the name.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:32:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Because CBS is owned by Viacom...

Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:33:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for posting this, Eric.  I was about to.

I am going to post info about the myths that the US "created" and armed Saddam, that he was our puppet and frankenstein moster, soon.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:35:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why didn't anybody say shit when Halliburton was ripping us off in Bosnia in 1996?
And why is Brown and Root called Halliburton?
View Quote

First off, GE owns NBC, not CBS.

BTW, the Marxists are now trying to tie the insidious Brown and Root company to LBJ as an impetus to enter us into the Vietnam conflict.

a decade ago, it was supposedly Bell Helipcopters and the Firestone company who wanted to get into a war for manufacturing and natural resource concerns.  Now it's Brown and Root.  Tailoring the bugaboo for the latest generation of saps willing to buy their bullshit, I guess.  

The smartest guy I know believes we waged war on Iraq just to fatten HAL's bottom line.  It's pretty depressing.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:39:41 AM EDT
[#8]
[b]Did Halliburton Really 'Gouge' The Pentagon? [/b]

Nope!!

I hadta chuckle when this info first came out, as the result of an AUDIT.

Audits, that are part of the system, raised the question. The question was satisfactorially answered, it seems to me.

The system worked.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 2:56:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks for posting this, Eric.  I was about to.

I am going to post info about the myths that the US "created" and armed Saddam, that he was our puppet and frankenstein moster, soon.
View Quote

Yeah, we armed them.  Didn't you see all those American built Russian tanks?[shock]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top