Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2005 7:32:57 PM EDT
i just read that he attempted to enlist during GW 1? anyone ever hear about this or we talking internet gossip? i know he is a great american and does alot for the troops and votes republican but this seems a bit much for a rich movie star.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:34:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't  know curious also
he is a pretty good guy politicly from what ya read
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:34:57 PM EDT
[#2]
i know hes already been over to iraq at least once to perform for the boys.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:43:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:45:48 PM EDT
[#4]
thast the reason i hear he got turned down. he would havebeen 35 in 1990
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:00:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Straight from Bruce Willis' website:

I had been looking for an opportunity to serve my country for a long time. I had mentioned to my friends that I wanted to volunteer as far back as the Gulf War to go into the military. My friends laughed at me and told me I was too old to join and the military wouldn't take me. I looked into it and they were right: I was too old. The idea of serving my country remained in my mind. Over the past few years from varying sources -- Time Magazine, books, and television -- information began coming to my attention on Foster Care; its history and the current crisis of an antiquated system overburdened with 580,000 children who have no voice. Children need to be protected by interstate technology systems that can track placements, education, medical records and protect these children from predators traveling from state to state. I saw Foster Care as a way for me to serve my country in a system by which shining a little bit of light could benefit a great deal by helping kids who were literally wards of the Government.

I met with the Government in February and voiced my concerns for the current state of the Foster Care system. I expressed to them my desire not only to help these children get back to the families they need and want but also my desire to actively advocate for the domestic adoption of over 134,000 children who are now available to be adopted but who are living their childhoods in Foster Care. I had decided to become the National Spokesperson for Children in Foster Care. I hope this area of the site educates and informs.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:07:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd certainly have to rank him ahead of Sean Penn.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:09:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Did he ever pay out the million bucks?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:20:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:12:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Saw him on local TV once while he was in town supporting G.B. the 1st. They asked him some sort of political question and his answer almost floored me. It was something like " hey don't ask me, I am some rich guy who doesn't have to work for a living. Go find some guy digging a ditch and ask him what he thinks"  This from somebody who lives in hollywood? Never liked him but he has my respect.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:14:30 AM EDT
[#10]
One reason to like him even more. I might have to do a Die Hard marathon tonight in his honor.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:23:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
One reason to like him even more. I might have to do a Die Hard marathon tonight in his honor.

I do one about every other month or so...the original was just so damn great.
No one else can play a burnt-out hero quite like he can.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:26:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Duh, he was a navy SEAL.

Bruce is a great guy, and he HAS served some of the neediest and most overlooked in this country. Not all service has to be of the military type.

+1
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:31:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, gosh, Bruce Willis for President.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:35:38 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Duh, he was a navy SEAL.

i.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/030305/125046__tears_l.jpg

Bruce is a great guy, and he HAS served some of the neediest and most overlooked in this country. Not all service has to be of the military type.

+1

Wasn't him and Demi Moore on the same team?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:38:36 AM EDT
[#15]
I heaed/read that Bruce contacted GWB after 9-11 and said he was at GWB's side & do anything he requested. Is it true?

Sounds like a really great guy. You won't see a pupprt version of him being blown apart anytime soon if there was a Team America sequel.

Scott
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:33:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Sylvester Stallone tried to enlist
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:39:03 PM EDT
[#17]
One of very few actors from hollyweird I respect. Tom Seleck is another pro gun actor. And lets not forget old Chuck H. Is he still alive???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top