Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2005 5:30:20 PM EDT
So I was flipping through channels and came across Octopussy on Spike TV. I watched the last half or 1/3rd or so, and noticed something odd (besides the Soviets using those purrrrdy AUGs): is it just me, or did Bond consistently have a Walther P5 on his person in lieu of his old PPK?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:39:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:06:09 PM EDT
[#2]
he also had a Model 29 smith  i think  in the bad vodoo james bond movie
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:35:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe you are correct.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:52:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Bond has consistantly lost his duty arm in many films. He traded his Beretta 21 for a PPK in Dr. No. "Q" issued it to him under protest.  He has borrowed sidearms from villians and friends alike throughout the history of the series. He has a booby-trapped P99 one of the final Brosnan films. The World is not Enough, I think. He borrows a P99 from the Chinese in one.

I have the whole series, mostly in letterbox.

I enjoy them a lot, but I may pass on the new one. We'll see.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:45:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:50:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Haha, going to a Bond-themed New Year's party this weekend.  Taking an (airsoft) PPK in my Cumberbund.  

Bond is very adept and accessorizing locally and doing field-expedient tricks as necessary, like a good agent should.  Not always the best but certainly fun for movie purposes.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:15:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Bond is very adept and accessorizing locally and doing field-expedient tricks as necessary, like a good agent should.  Not always the best but certainly fun for movie purposes.  

Beats ol' John Wayne passing by the dead Japanese/Vietnamese bad guy and his fully loaded gun with an empty garand or M16 a heavy club to bayonet the last bad guy or charge the pillbox...
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:21:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Bond has consistantly lost his duty arm in many films. He traded his Beretta 21 for a PPK in Dr. No. "Q" issued it to him under protest.  He has borrowed sidearms from villians and friends alike throughout the history of the series. He has a booby-trapped P99 one of the final Brosnan films. The World is not Enough, I think. He borrows a P99 from the Chinese in one.

I have the whole series, mostly in letterbox.

I enjoy them a lot, but I may pass on the new one. We'll see.

Not to hijack, but that's one thing I noticed about Mr. and Mrs. Smith: they didn't pass a bad guy that they didn't take the gun and extra mags from.  It made for a good lesson to my 11 year old son.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread....

Merlin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top