Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2002 8:21:18 PM EDT
Just got finished watching a hell of a basketball game between Indiana and Maryland, in silence.  Dickie V was the color commentator.  I CAN'T STAND TO HEAR HIM CALL A BALL GAME. Anyone else listen to games in silence when he's the commentator?  
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 8:25:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Hell, I can't stand basketball.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 8:26:04 PM EDT
[#2]
BABY!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 8:36:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Tras, so I assume you didn't watch the Illini put a ass whippin' on the boys from North Carolina.  NC was running around like a bunch of punks on the playground.  I thought Coach Daugherty(NC) was gonna cry.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 8:40:40 PM EDT
[#4]
It's so funny because my dad is a complete and total NCAA freak. When we are over visiting during season, he doesn't even lift his eyes from the tube. My poor mom endures his addiction from preseason to Final Four without fail. Every year she says the same thing when NCAA gets close... "Dammit I gotta listen to that bigmouth Dick Vitale AGAIN!"

It's funny because she doesn't normally curse.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 8:46:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm the same way, I'm a total freak over NCAA B-ball.  I just dread watching games on ESPN and knowing the DV is going to be commentating.  At least I can listen to the radio broadcast and watch the tube during Kentucky games.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 8:56:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Whenever he first started calling the games (late 70's to early 80's) my dad would mute the game. I never understood why until I went to college and heard him for myself.  I then watched them muted ever since.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 9:27:54 PM EDT
[#7]
You want to hear horrible announcing, try listening to Joe Buck and Tim McCarver.
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 10:36:26 AM EDT
[#8]
DV don'tknow his butt from a basketball and has a large mouth too boot. As soon as they announce his being part of the crew, I mute the sucker.
Harrelson is another jerkoff. He has pet names for all the white sox. If you don't follow the Sox, you don't understand who the dingle berry is talking about. How can anyone be a Sox announcer for years and retain a Texas accent?? He must take lessons to do so.
ESPN's Pardon The Interruption has another pair of Beavis and Buttheads. Why do they waste the air time on such crap??
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 2:56:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Which player was it that said

I think they should leave the three point line where it is and move Dick Vitale 19'6" away from the microphone.

?
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 7:17:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't know but I agree with him.  He can ruin a good basketball game.  I wish he'd move to NC and call only Duke games, that way I'd never have to see or listen to him.  Coach K is a whiner and I can't stand him either.
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 7:21:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Better Dickie V. than Bill Walton!
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 7:26:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hell, I can't stand basketball.
View Quote

Ditto
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 8:17:11 PM EDT
[#13]
As funny as the Vitale quote was - the alltime greatest player comment about an obnoxious announcer has got to be...

Tex Cobb - after the Holmes fight, when Howard Cosell said he was so disgusted he was going to give up announcing boxing.

"I'll go another 15 rounds with Holmes if Howard will quit announcing football!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top