Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 5:37:17 AM EDT
Has anyone called her and if so what did you say???
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:41:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I've called her plenty of stuff...but I don't think could hear me through the TV.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:42:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've called her plenty of stuff...but I don't think could hear me through the TV.

I am about to call her office and tell that bitch off
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:43:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I would just leave it alone.  There is no sense gloating.  Besides, she is not going to stop.  This is only a battle for her, not the whole war.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:45:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I would just leave it alone.  There is no sense gloating.  Besides, she is not going to stop.  This is only a battle for her, not the whole war.

Yep.  But someone needs to tell her this:

Winners never quit, and quitters never win.  But those who never win and never quit are IDIOTS.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:47:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

what do you mean leave it alone, it aint over yet
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:48:15 AM EDT
[#6]
If she keeps it up, she's gonna give herself a brain aneurysm.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:49:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
There is no sense gloating.

SAYS YOU!  Gloating is FUN!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:57:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I'm not the only one?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:58:14 AM EDT
[#9]
This is what I e-mailed LAPD Chief Bratton last night:

Dear Sir,

As an American, I am utterly disgusted with the remarks Chief Bratton made while performing on the ABC News program "Nightline." I cannot bring myself to call his stint an "interview," given the sheer magnitude of half-truths and whole lies he offered up in his defense of the '94 Assault Weapon Ban.

Saying with a straight face (albeit with eyelids fluttering away like a hummingbird's wings) that the sunset of this law will lead to carnage and blood in the streets is not only folly and hyperbole, it is agenda-driven sensationalism.

Even more bizarre is his comment concerning about 50 police officers being killed by people using assault weapons recently. The chief alluded to the fact that the AWB was important to the families of the slain officers and implied that the law worked for them. What sane person with two brain cells to rub together could make such a claim? Those officers were killed, it was implied, by rifles covered by the ban. HOW DID THE AWB PROTECT THOSE OFFICERS? How on this green earth did the AWB benefit the families of the slain officers? Does the chief have an answer or just more lies?

As underhanded as those comments were, it pales in comparison with the following: While discussing the amount of guns in America and those who own them, the chief said that President George W. Bush took an oath of office to protect the country "against all...action, foreign and domestic." I could see the chief pause right before replacing the word "enemies" with "action." What was the chief implying? That American gun owners and the guns they own are "enemies of the state?" That the Federal Government should treat us as such? It is astounding that a law enforcement officer would even mutter such a thing in private conversation, let alone ON NATIONAL TELEVISION. What would the chief like to see? Detainment camps full of law-abiding American citizens? Private property siezed and destroyed under the guise of "public safety?" Is THIS the role Chief Bratton wishes law enforcement had in the United States? The shame!

It's been said that law-abiding Americans have nothing to fear from their law-enforcement servants. After Chief Bratton's performance tonight, I am convinced there is plenty to fear.

Sincerely,

Wobblin' Goblin

Former State Representative
51st District
State of Connecticut
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:06:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Thank you Wobblin Goblin, that is an insperational email hug.gif
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:09:05 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

One must have brain in order to have a brain anuerysm.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:16:17 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

One must have brain in order to have a brain anuerysm.

On the other hand, just in case she does, we should all call.

ETA: Not that I would wish anything bad for anyone . . .
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:21:24 AM EDT
[#13]
what really outrages me is that elected officials are not accountable for their blatant lies. they are protected by law and cannot be prosecuted even if they out and out falsify every fact in front of them and spew out the exact opposite to their constituancy. so much for being an "upstanding" official, let alone american.  

and thank you for the great letter wobblin!
mp
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top