Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2008 7:49:59 PM EDT
Rented subject flick last night.  Pretty cool flick.  Stars Dolph Lundgren.

Lundgren's career was kind of eclipsed by Schwarzenegger and Stallone back in the 80s, but he did a great job with this.

Kind of an "Indiana Jones" plot, about a sacred Buddhist tapestry worth millions of dollars, and an expedition into Mongolia to find it.  Lundgren plays "Xander Ronson," a former Special Forces officer who is now a professional merc.  He is hired to provide security for the expedition team, since there are bandits in the countryside who haven't changed much since Genghis Khan's time.

Interesting weapons on display include SKS carbines, AK-47s, vintage 1911 .45 pistols (which our government supplied to the Chinese Nationalist forces of Chang Kai Shek in the 1930s and 40s), and even a bona-fide Russian PPSh-43 submachine gun.

I don't think I would have paid box office prices to see this on the big screen, but if you are looking for something decent to rent this is pretty cool.

Ronson uses an SKS and a 1911 for his personal weapons.

If I had to choose one weapon from my own collection for this mission, I would pick this one:

What would you bring?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top