Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2011 7:28:18 AM EDT
Folks, I have a very short window of time to post.
There are a lot of members in North Alabama. Torandoes damage is wide spread.
No power, gas, ice and those are the lucky ones.
Decatur, Arab Harvest Trinity, Anderson  Pulaski Fayetville Moulton All hit hard. The entire Town of Phil Campbell is gone. The west side of Tuscaloosa where UA is at is gone at 15th St.
Cullman VInemont and some parts of Harstelle hit as well.
Browns Ferry Nuclear Power plant took a direct hit on their relay farm.
BP  NUCOR  were hit in Decatur.

We ask your paryers. We haven't seen the looting. We are seeing price gouging. There are 12 dead just .5 miles from home.
I am working with a verizon air card and car chargers.

Please pray for all the people in AL. Death toll is approaching 300 at this time. People are pulling together to help each other.
People with propane and grills are cooking for those who have lost their homes and the rescue worker.

About out of battery.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:33:11 AM EDT
[#1]
PRAYERS SENT......
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:39:24 AM EDT
[#2]
prayers incoming...

we just went thru the shit last week..high winds torrential winds, tornados in St.louis no power for days.
that was the only time I was thankful I had a verizon wireless wifi hotspot..
we charged the laptop and cells in the car, and I kept my phone charged on the way home from work..
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:39:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Our thoughts and prayers are with all you folks down there....

Been through it before...

We have a mobile EMCOMM Team standing by, awaiting assignment...

God Bless...

WileE

Edit for sp..
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:43:40 AM EDT
[#4]
There is no such thing as price gouging, only availability charges. I hope some of you who can help will bring truckloads of ice and water to them. Think god it's not really hot yet.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:45:59 AM EDT
[#5]
The storms this year have been insane.  Our family is praying nightly for those in harms way.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:49:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I might be hitting the ground in 'bama by Tuesday.  Will do what I can while balancing my work schedule.

- BG
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:52:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I was trying to look for more info on TV this morning before I left for work and it was wall to wall wedding.

That's a shame because this is a national tragedy with so many people losing their lives, and those who survived losing everything else.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:56:31 AM EDT
[#8]
My main lottery-win fantasy doesn't involve a Caribbean island and a 23-year-old girl, it involves being able to travel to disaster zones to be a pair of boots on the ground helping out.

A friend is retired and does that a lot.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:59:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My main lottery-win fantasy doesn't involve a Caribbean island and a 23-year-old girl, it involves being able to travel to disaster zones to be a pair of boots on the ground helping out.

A friend is retired and does that a lot.

Same here, just add in a fleet of Updated Deuce and a halfs and UniMogs full of supplies and tent cities.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:04:13 AM EDT
[#10]
On stand-by with our Search Dogs.  If activated we'll be at East Limestone HS in Athens tonight and search all weekend.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:12:57 AM EDT
[#11]
ACE & TJ here in Charlotte (95.1FM) raised $50,000+ this morning and are on the way to AL to try and help out––I gave what I could and am keeping y'all in my prayers.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:22:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Headed to Cullman area now with two vehicles of supplies and strong backs. I have an inverter for the car and laptop and this droid x tethers, so please pm if you need anything.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:31:16 AM EDT
[#13]

I called my old boss that lives in Berry north of T-town and he said it started at I-359 and went all through 15th & McFarland... for the ones that don't know the area, that is about the main area of commerce on both streets.

I live in Meridian, about 90 sw of T-town, what do you need? If you would, just post whatever you know that someone needs and I'll see what I can do. If not me, hopefully someone can provide it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:22:31 AM EDT
[#14]
On official stand-by with our Search Dog team.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:11:52 AM EDT
[#15]
News (CNN) just stated the main path is a continuous line of destruction over 200 miles long.

God Bless and stay safe.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:26:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Headed to Cullman area now with two vehicles of supplies and strong backs. I have an inverter for the car and laptop and this droid x tethers, so please pm if you need anything.

Cullman desperately needs it.
God bless all the utility workers and LEO resuce squads from other states here helping.
We have sheltered a family who lost everything and in our little corner have it better than MANY others.

Thanks for the prayers.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:28:13 PM EDT
[#17]
The wife is from Russelville and the entire family is up there. She has friends that have either died or have nothing left. She Is raising donations to be shipped up. I'm soliciting at the school I teach at and teachers students and staff are collecting clothing, toiletries, and other items for us to ship up to her dad to distribute.

A family friend, Senator Roger Bedford, is calling attention to the area. He has actually helped pull dead bodies out of the wreckage. Since the Red Cross hasn't been much help yet, we are looking to him for some assistance.

My wife is hearing all sorts of stories about survival and death. It's not pretty.

Apparently NBC Dateline will be focusing on N. Alabama tonight.

Please help and pray for all of these folks. It is beautiful up there and the people are kind and God fearing. Please Lord bless them and save them.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:05:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Is there a map anywhere that shows the paths of the tornados in Tuscaloosa?
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:24:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Holy shit guys.  I don't have words other than the usual cliche's about the destruction down here around Cullman.  I'm currently in a home with 10 people sharing an ice cold shower and a few lanterns for light.  They are rationing what they prepped because they're being told 2-3 weeks before they get power back due to a main line being down from Brown's Ferry.

If you're the praying type, please do.  If not, and you're so inclined, please text 'redcross' to 90999 to donate $10, or find a crew bringing supplies down and hook them up.

Every little bit helps.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:29:21 PM EDT
[#20]
prayers for you and all the other good folks......

I did learn that my niece/nephew and their boys in Cullman are OK..
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:32:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If you should happen to run across my neice and nephew please tell them I'm praying for them (and the boys too,of course)
Addie and Travis Redicker
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:12:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The wife is from Russelville and the entire family is up there. She has friends that have either died or have nothing left. She Is raising donations to be shipped up. I'm soliciting at the school I teach at and teachers students and staff are collecting clothing, toiletries, and other items for us to ship up to her dad to distribute.

A family friend, Senator Roger Bedford, is calling attention to the area. He has actually helped pull dead bodies out of the wreckage. Since the Red Cross hasn't been much help yet, we are looking to him for some assistance.

My wife is hearing all sorts of stories about survival and death. It's not pretty.

Apparently NBC Dateline will be focusing on N. Alabama tonight.

Please help and pray for all of these folks. It is beautiful up there and the people are kind and God fearing. Please Lord bless them and save them.

A lot of attention going to the Birmingham and Tuscaloosa area. That is because of the population the College and the president all being there.
9 students died in that area.

Harder hit areas are in the north central part of the state. Here is  a partial list of the northern part of the state known deceased. Please pray for the surviving members of their families friends and neighbors.
Russelville has some damage to the south east side.  This area has hundreds injured and thousands homeless. tens of thousands with no power.

Madison County - 8 Confirmed Dead
Fredrick Post, Harvest
Rachael Renee Tabor, Harvest
Katelyn Cornwell, age 15, Harvest
Philomena Muotoe, age 79, Harvest
Bobby Joe Moore, Harvest
Ronnie McGaha, age 40, Harvest
Three more people died; 1, the coroner is still trying to notify the person's family, and two others died at Huntsville Hospital
Jackson County - 9 Confirmed Dead
Kathy Gray Haney, age 45, Pisgah - piano crushed her in her family's mobile home on County Road 359
Herbert & Ann Satterfield, Pisgah - husband and wife died on County Road 369 when a tornado blew away their home
John & Elease Whited and Shelley & Janie Shannon all died in a home on County Road 95 in Higdon; home was blown away
Brennan Warren, 13, died in Bridgeport when he and his mother were thrown from their car.
Cullman County - 2 Confirmed Dead
Keenan Johnathan Sullivan, 20 - died in the Johnson Crossing community near Hanceville
Loyd Winford Harris, 68 - home was blown away in the Simcoe community, teams searched for him for several hours before finding him
Lawrence County - 14 Confirmed Dead

Coroner Micah Coffey released the following names:
Aurelia Guzman, 12, Langtown
Zora Lee Hale, 80, Chalybeate
Matthew Adams, 21, Mount Hope
J.D. Parker, 70, Mount Hope
Horace Smith of County Road 23 in Mount Hope, age not available
Helen Smith of County Road 23 in Mount Hope, age not available
Lyndon Mayes, 74, Chalybeate
Allen Terry of the Mt. Moriah community, age not available.
O'Neal Terry of the Mt. Moriah community, age not available.
Donald Ray, 76, Chalybeate
Edward Vuknic, Chalybeate
Mary Mayes, 72, Chalybeate
Mike Dunn, 58, Chalybeate
DeKalb County - 33 Confirmed Dead
Juanita Izell Wooten, 70
Lethel Izell, 86
Herbert Wooten, 70
Ruth Hairston, 90
Patricia Harcrow, 75
Esther Rosson, 81
Charlotte Bloodsworth
Timothy Ott
Ida Ott
Gene Bullock
Marcella Bullock
Peggy Sparks
Eula Miller
Belinda Boatner
Chelsie Black
Jeremy Ferguson
Tonya Ferguson
Emma Ferguson
Jewell Ewing
Terry Tinker (son of Jewell Ewing)
Jody Huizenga, 28
Daniel Vermillion
Jidal Vermillion (wife of Daniel Vermillion)
Courtney McGaha (daughter of Daniel and Jidal Vermillion)
William Michaels
Martha Michaels (wife of William Michaels)
Linda Graham
Kenneth Graham
Harold Harcrow
Michael Kilgore
Judith White
Wayne White
A child, 3, died at Erlanger Hospital in Chattanooga on Friday
Franklin County - 28 Confirmed Deaths
List from TimesDaily.com; some names have not been released yet
Donald Heaps, 57, Phil Campbell
Martha Pace, Phil Campbell
Edna Lucille Nix, Phil Campbell
Kelli Thorn Morgan, 24, East Franklin
Michael Morgan, 32, East Franklin
Claudia Mojica Palucios, Phil Campbell
Edgar Molica, 8, Phil Campbell
Ricky Knox, 10, Phil Campbell
Terri Waller, Phil Campbell
Carroll Dean "C.D." Waller, Phil Campbell
Nila Black, 68, Phil Campbell
Zan Reese Black, 46, Phil Campbell
Sonya Black Trapp, 48, Phil Campbell
Charlene Crochet, Phil Campbell
Jay Leclere, Phil Campbell
Amy Leclere, Phil Campbell
James Robert Keller, Jr., Phil Campbell
Don Gentry, Phil Campbell
Patricia Gentry, Phil Campbell
Donna Berry, Phil Campbell
Jack Cox, Phil Campbell
Georgia Scribner, 83, Phil Campbell
Marion County - 21 Confirmed Deaths
List from TimesDaily.com; some names have not been released yet
Linda Faye Knight, 57, Phil Campbell
Rodney Ables, Hackleburg
Jeannette Widemon, Hamilton
Jacob Ray, Hamilton
We will continue to update this story on WHNT.com as we learn more of the names.
Copyright © 2011, WHNT-TV
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:27:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Don't forget Northwest Georgia.  Several deaths there also.  Body count is expected to go up.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:23:04 PM EDT
[#24]
I just got back from Cullman.  What a mess.  Luckily, the people I helped and their neighbors were all sufficiently prepared that they only lost stuff.  They all had basements or storm-pits.  

We heard some disturbing, but not surprising stuff from north and south of Cullman.  A State Farm agent/family member relayed that in Huntsville, they are having a HUGE problem with roving gangs doing home invasions because, "they know the people can't call 911 for help."  It's to the point that HPD had a LT or a CPT on the radio stations telling people that if they enter your house, to shoot them.  He said it three times to emphasize his point, they are to be shot.

To the south, in various remote areas, they are having a problem with looters just walking onto a property, while the people are there to clean and salvage, and start taking stuff.  This is to the point that the State Farm agent observed a cop talking to a man with an AR on his back while his son, a teenager, had a pistol on his hip.

We were good for security and most things where I was in Cullman.  I had at least one pistol on me at all times with an AR not far away, while the son-in-law and his son of the people who lost their home also had something.  We had people bringing us water, food, and help to the point we were having to send people away with their goods to others.  Neighbors were sharing gennies and helping to syphone gas out of cars or destroyed tractors, etc.  They had running water, and if you had the power, satellite/cable, but with Brown's Ferry being out for a while, they're having to ration fuel.  Fuel is available to the north and south, and people are making runs.  It's just time consuming and the few places that have it have long lines and testy patrons.  Security was always a problem when we were there and my 'spidey-sense' was always pinging on someone's face or mannerism.  I was happy to have a good crew with level heads.

Anyways, I'm going to go get a shower now that my wife is done with it.  I'll get these pictures explained later.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:35:28 PM EDT
[#25]
How bad is it in Albertville?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:40:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Personally I have no idea.  We drove down from middle TN, went straight to the house we stayed in overnight, and then worked yesterday and today for 12 or so hours.  FEMA was supposed to show for 2 days, but never did.  We were at a stand still until the insurance adjuster came by for the house.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:12:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Don't forget Northwest Georgia.  Several deaths there also.  Body count is expected to go up.

Yeah, Ringold is a mess.  Don't forget about the folks in Apison, outside of Chattanooga, as well as Bradley County one county north.  Both areas had more than 100 homes completely destroyed when an F4 came through.  Won't know a body count for a while, but judging from the pictures I've seen, it will go up.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:20:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Prayers sent.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:24:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Our prayers are with all of you in the affected zone.

Stay safe.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:34:41 PM EDT
[#30]
I wish I had the cash to go help. I have stuff to help just cannot afford to miss work. I missed forty hours cleaning up damage locally. Wish I could help. I have gennys, MWC, mre 's, to help. So if I can loan stuff let me know.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:38:15 PM EDT
[#31]
The flag flying amongst the destruction makes me cry...

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:38:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
PRAYERS SENT......

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:41:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Prayers to you and yours.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:49:30 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

We heard some disturbing, but not surprising stuff from north and south of Cullman.  A State Farm agent/family member relayed that in Huntsville, they are having a HUGE problem with roving gangs doing home invasions because, "they know the people can't call 911 for help."  It's to the point that HPD had a LT or a CPT on the radio stations telling people that if they enter your house, to shoot them.  He said it three times to emphasize his point, they are to be shot.

To the south, in various remote areas, they are having a problem with looters just walking onto a property, while the people are there to clean and salvage, and start taking stuff.

I hope they experience angry mob justice.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:53:14 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To the south, in various remote areas, they are having a problem with looters just walking onto a property, while the people are there to clean and salvage, and start taking stuff.

I hope they experience angry mob justice.  
God damn right!

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:36:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

There is  a group of folks that will be going there with supplies in the morning.
I will post any additional information.

Tornado causes major damage to Albertville and Geraldine

Posted: Apr 24, 2010 11:39 PM CDT
Updated: May 24, 2010 11:34 PM CDT

Local News
Rainsville family jumps in creek to escape tornado
NWS: Tornado on ground for 25 miles
Coroner confirms deaths in Madison County
Alleged looter shot and killed in Huntsville
Classes canceled for Oakwood University Campus
AAA offices closed in Decatur, Huntsville and Fultondale
Red Cross teams head to Ala. to help storm victims
Mobile insurance claim offices to open
Decatur Mall to sell generators
Phil Campbell devastated by tornado
ALBERTVILLE, AL (WAFF) -
ALBERTVILLE, AL (WAFF) -  The National Weather Service calling the tornado that touched down in Albertville and Geraldine and caused major damage an EF3.

As of Sunday night, 33 people were injured in Albertville, but no one was killed.

In Albertville, there are multiple trees and power lines down along with roof damage to several homes.

The BP gas station was damaged on Hwy 431 and a mobile home park across from the Albertville Elementary School was hit.

The tornado leveled at least half a dozen homes in the Edmundson neighborhood.

The storm wiped out power, leaving many neighborhoods in darkness and law enforcement without communications. That made it more difficult for officials to assess damage overnight.

The Albertville police chief is asking non-residents to stay out of the city.

In fact, anyone seen in the area and is not resident will be arrested.

The Emergency Management Agency said the hardest hit area was in Geraldine.

At least ten people were injured and are expected to be ok.

According to DeKalb county superintendent, Charles Warren, there was some damage around Geraldine School, but it was too dark to tell how much.

The American Red Cross has opened an official shelter at the Boaz Senior Center for anyone whose homes are damaged or destroyed by the tornado. The Boaz Senior Center is located at 112 Church Street in Boaz.

2/3 of Albertville is without power. City officials said power might not be fully restored until Wednesday.

They also said the new Albertville High School facilities were significantly damaged in the storm. Albertville City School leaders canceled classes from April 26-30 until they find a suitable place for students to meet.

Albertville First Baptist Church was damaged in the storm. The church's pastor said the same church was damaged in a tornado 102 years ago to the date.

The Salvation Army mobile kitchen set up at fire station #1 off South Broad Street in Albertville to assist the victims of the tornado Sunday morning.

Sunday morning Alabama Emergency Management Agency Director Brock Long will see first-hand the damaged left behind as a result of last night's destructive tornado.

Director Long will meet with the Marshall County EMA director and other first responders before seeing the destruction.

Following the Albertville tour Director Long will then meet with the DeKalb County EMA director and assess the damage in that county.

If you have storm damage pictures and would like to share them email [email protected]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top