Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2005 7:05:20 AM EDT
I've been looking at the discussions of the 24 Recon batt. on various websites (including their own).  Very interesting.

I have two questions.  Does anyone out there have a photo of one of their Stryker vehicles with their "Punisher" symbol?  (I couldn't find one on their website.)  It wouild look something like this:

Also, the horizontal slats that appear to be some form of anti-AP skirting (shown below)

are called by what name?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:53:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Shameless bump for the insomniacs.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:59:59 PM EDT
[#2]
The slats around the Stryker are called an RPG Fence, and apparently they perform their job very well.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:14:58 PM EDT
[#3]
No stryker pics but here's 2nd Plt's tag

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:17:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Man that guy is loaded for BEAR Haji's!  
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:51:59 PM EDT
[#5]
The US Army Paper-pushers might call it an RPG Fence. The rest of the world (and most troops) simply call it 'slat armour'

As for the punisher symbol, I went over my collection and I can't find any photos of the Deuce Strykers in Iraq with them, neither do I recall seeing any on Strykers. Admittedly I was with them earlier in the tour and they may have added them since, but I think part of the problem is that there isn't anywhere obvious for them to put it. Their HMMWVs have them on the gun shields for example, those I've seen. (And I don't have that photo either, for some reason).

NTM
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:00:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like he's carrying paintballs.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:49:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the responses on this topic.

Manic -- I believe the "Punisher" symbols were added around December, 2004.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:57:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Looks like he's carrying paintballs.

It does!!  Must be some super special, spaceship door gunner ammo for the M16!!

Or, it could be those pepper balls, maybe a weirdly colored HE Round for that M203 he has too...
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:12:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:58:03 AM EDT
[#10]
RPG cage, causes premature and/or inproper shaped charge detonation.

Have you seen the pic of the RPG stuck inbetween the cage rails?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:14:14 AM EDT
[#11]
I love it when I see a man carrying the tools of his trade.  I trust he will employ them well!  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:16:25 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Have you seen the pic of the RPG stuck inbetween the cage rails?

No, please post it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:24:12 AM EDT
[#13]
I know it's not what you're looking for but I love this picture.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:25:59 AM EDT
[#14]
tag for stories and pics to send to the libs..
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:57:22 AM EDT
[#15]
I was there January and February. They certainly had the stencils, they were on the TOC doors, on HMMWVs and they'd always spray the symbol on captured items or on munitions before they blew them up.

I honestly think it's because an ICV doesn't have anywhere appropriate to put one.

NTM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top