Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2007 1:36:18 PM EDT
Thumbing through this months Guitar Player magazine, there's a Q&A section with Skwisgaar Skwigelf, guitar player for the fictional death-metal band Dethklok. It was funny and all, but it's not a real band.

Or is it?

They're actually releasing a Dethklok album this month. It's all performed by the creator Brandon Small on guitar, bass, and vocals, and Gene Hoglan on drums.

Are they a real band now? I mean you'll never be able to see them live, and the basis of the show is to parody the metal genre, essentially. Some of their songs are slamming, but I can't shake the feeling I shouldn't get too into it because they're not 'real.'

p.s. for the cultural illiterates
Dethklok wiki
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 1:40:54 PM EDT
[#1]
As real as Spinal Tap. Rock on.
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 1:42:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't consider it a "real" band, but Brenden Small can sure play an axe pretty well.

**I say this because I can't sweep pick arpeggios to save my life.
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 1:44:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Somebody get the cilantro
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 1:46:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I wouldn't consider it a "real" band, but Brenden Small can sure play an axe pretty well.

Pretty much my feelings on the subject.
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 2:49:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Hell yeah.

Now, for some reason, I have the urge to go buy lots of coffee.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 3:50:52 PM EDT
[#6]
This song is just beyond badass......wow.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPxXE-qepE
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 3:54:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I spend time in Norway/Finland occasionally, and Death metal bands similar to them are on the equivalent of MTV all the time.

As funny as the show is in the US, I think Norwegian and Finn kids get a bigger kick out of it.

Here's a still I took from the last time I was there.  If I recall correctly, the video had an upside down crucified guy singing the lyrics, but here's all I caught on camera.

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 4:00:10 PM EDT
[#8]
the CD kicks ass. the drums on hatredcopter are badass.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 4:03:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Awaken, Awaken,
Awaken, Awaken,
Take The Land
That Must Be Taken

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 4:06:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I liked the show.  I fuckin LOVED the music.

I don't care if I never get to see them live (which I WOULD like to), but I can't wait to blast that shit in my stereo!

ETA:  And they're parodies are fuggin awesome!  My favorite was the one where they got the band therapist.

Anyone want a banana sticker?

ETAA:  Fuck you Metallica.  You fucking douche guzzling assholes.  Fuck you and your goddamned therapist.
*Coming from someone who watched ALL of the St. Anger "movie"/fuckumentary.*
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:31:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Dammit...literally EVERY SINGLE STORE is sold the fuck out.

What the hell's going on.  It's been out since the 25th and they still can't make enough copies to keep up with demand??
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:37:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Last night's episode rocked!

Between making fun of the RIAA by kidnapping MP3 downloaders and using them for medical experiments to making REAL analog recordings into water, then using the water to fill a hot tub (and farting in it), the episode had it all!

And LOTS of foreboding...

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:39:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
As real as Spinal Tap. Rock on.
But less real than Beatalica.
Which rock like a mofo .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top