User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2014 8:42:53 PM EDT
Are they reliable?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:45:12 PM EDT
[#1]
What caliber?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:46:59 PM EDT
[#2]
With .50AE full power Hornady will cycle well with a full locked out elbow firm grip.

Some factory mags need a bit of tuning to work reliably.

The engineering of the pistol is pretty cool.  

They are a crowd pleaser at any shoot.

They have quite the muzzle flip/recoil.  Not sharp like a magnum since they are gas operated but they are a handful.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:48:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had a couple of the .50's. Israeli and American made and never had a malfunction. They are very heavy  which results in little recoil but holding them up gets tiring after a couple mags.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:03:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies. My questions was for the .50
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:14:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Get da beamz wit it!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:45:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't own one but got to shoot the .50 AE a bit and it is a sweetheart.  Sure it has some force but not overly snappy in any way.  Very manageable (this coming from a mid size, IT working, not workout kind of guy).  

They should actually be quite reliable given the action it has vs. standard pistols.

I do want one and will add to my collection.  If you can do it for a fun gun, do it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:00:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't own one but got to shoot the .50 AE a bit and it is a sweetheart.  Sure it has some force but not overly snappy in any way.  Very manageable (this coming from a mid size, IT working, not workout kind of guy).  

They should actually be quite reliable given the action it has vs. standard pistols.

I do want one and will add to my collection.  If you can do it for a fun gun, do it.

View Quote

you guys convinced me
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:13:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get da beamz wit it!
View Quote

Hellz yeeeah!!!!

Mine is a .44 and is almost a pleasure to shoot compared to the .50.
A mag or two of the .50 and you're done, the .44 you can shoot all day.

Enjoy it!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:18:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Didn't realize the Hive loved the eagle ,

Also, how would you guys compare the eagle in .50 to a mini Draco in overall power???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top