Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2002 3:31:52 PM EDT
I'm asking santa for a new pair of boots this year for xmas, and was wondering who makes desert boots in a big sizes.  I know danner's new boot goes up to a size 15, but does anyone know of anyone else that makes a desert boot in a size 15 or 16.  

And one more question, are the Danners worth the money?  I don't have a problem dropping 2 bills for a pair boots, but are they worth it?  Thanks
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 4:02:32 PM EDT
[#1]
None of the guys here at the Dept. ever complain about Danners. One guy just got his second resoling, and still loves them.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 4:19:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Got a link? A good buddy of mine has huge feet and can't find combat boots to fit. He wants some boots.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 4:25:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Got a link? A good buddy of mine has huge feet and can't find combat boots to fit. He wants some boots.
View Quote

[url]http://www.uscav.com/shop/uscitemdetail.asp?stk_code=WA22170[/url]

[img]http://www.uscav.com/prodInfo/images/22170.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 4:28:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Too bad Altama doesn't make size that big.  By the way, is it true about guys with big feet? [:o)]
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 4:44:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Too bad Altama doesn't make size that big.  By the way, is it true about guys with big feet? [:o)]
View Quote

I don't want to brag, but is true.  Guys with big feet wear big socks and shoes.

On the boot topic, these guys have 16's but you have to wait a month for them to ship.  Plus I think the Danners are better quality, even though these are boots used by the USAF.
[url]http://www.bellevilleshoe.com[/url]
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 4:59:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I can't vouch for the long-term comparison of the Danners to the Bellevilles, but I wore my Bellevilles for 5 months straight last year and they did just fine.  

They aren't the only brand that the Air Force issues.  Some of the other guys I was deployed with had other types that were falling apart after about 2 months but all I ever had to replace was a pair of laces.  

They were also the most comfortable pair of combat boots I have ever had.  They felt broken-in right out of the box.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 5:25:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Some of the other guys I was deployed with had other types that were falling apart after about 2 months but all I ever had to replace was a pair of laces.
They were also the most comfortable pair of combat boots I have ever had.  They felt broken-in right out of the box.
View Quote

My experience exactly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top