Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2005 10:50:33 AM EDT
San Juan County Deputy Accidentally Wounds Self
December 22, 2005
TheNewMexicoChannel.com

FARMINGTON, N.M. -- A San Juan County sheriff's deputy accidentally shot himself in the hand while cleaning a pistol at his Aztec home, authorities said.

Officials said Rob Gross was unloading the handgun Wednesday when it discharged. The bullet entered his left hand.

Gross underwent surgery at San Juan Regional Medical Center for damage to a knuckle bone. Sheriff's Captain Tim Black said such an injury to an officer is rare, since officers handle weapons every day.

Gross has been with the sheriff's office for nearly seven years.

Aztec police who investigated the incident determined it was accidental.

www.thenewmexicochannel.com/news/5610553/detail.html
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:54:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Bleh.

Accidental Negligent, He wasn't proffesional enough, dog is fine, only the police should have weapons, I smell coverup, etc, etc, etc.

Did I get 'em all?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:56:45 AM EDT
[#2]

Sheriff's Captain Tim Black said such an injury to an officer is rare, since officers handle weapons every day.
Yeah. Only 6 or 7 accounts of this a week.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:57:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Bleh.

Accidental Negligent, He wasn't proffesional enough, dog is fine, only the police should have weapons, I smell coverup, etc, etc, etc.

Did I get 'em all?

"I don't think we have all the details"

or

"I don't think we have the whole story."
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:00:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bleh.

Did I get 'em all?

or

Damn! Duly noted.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:01:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bleh.

Did I get 'em all?

or

Damn! Duly noted.

Bah. He clearly wasn't professional enough. Case closed.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:05:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Now he needs to be charged with an F6, namely Endangerment, and face loss of his job, civil rights and up to 18 months in jail.

At least, if he were one state to the left and didn't wear a badge, that is what would happen....
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:07:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Sheriff's Captain Tim Black said such an injury to an officer is rare, since officers handle weapons every day.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:34:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

No kidding. They the only ones professional enough to handle a Glock fo-tee.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:44:10 AM EDT
[#9]

I have a hard time understanding how anyone can shoot themself while cleaning a weapon. I always make sure mine are unloaded B/4 I clean them.

Roy
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:54:27 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bleh.

Did I get 'em all?

or

"This thread is useless without pics."
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:56:02 AM EDT
[#11]
He should be put on suicide watch...
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:57:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Let me guess, it was a Glock.  (I'm not a Glock Knocker, I love my Glock)

Abe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top