Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2006 11:46:06 PM EDT
I am deployed I lift weights 3 days a week and 3 days its 5 miles of running.  I have been losing weight but not in the beer gut like I want to (it took 6 years to get it there ) well I have 4 months left on the deployment and the wife wants to go on a cruise and all and I want to look good for her.  What do I need to do?  I am a staff officer so I dont get to workout 2-3 times a day only 1 hour a day due to the 12-14 hour days.  Do I need to sleep more too?  

Any and all suggestions would be good.  Even odd ones.  

Scott
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:23:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Transfer to the Infantry.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:19:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Have you taken a look at Crossfit's website?  There are a ton of active military who follow their workout programs.  www.crossfit.com  You should read the Start Here! part first; these workouts are extremely difficult and you should ease into them for a while before throwing yourself at them full-blast.  

If you follow this program, you will see results quickly.  Also, check out the Nutrition threads on the Message Board.  Most CFers follow the Zone diet, and there's plenty of info about it there.  I don't know how much luck you'll have following it on deployment, though.

Keep us posted.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:59:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I think he wants to reduce body fat. That would be a cutting cycle, some of the body builders on here can prob get you the info.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:35:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes I want to cut out body fat.  Been going to the gym then I was acting general's aid for 4 days dang that guy is busy.  well now back on my normal workout plan but I would like suggestions on burning away the fat.  Thanks all for the suggestions sorry cant go infantry in the AF as a log officer and I do those crazy drives north when they need someone to get a break.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:03:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Nobody's Perfect
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:10:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Eat six or eight times a day but much smaller proportions than you're used to.  That will jump start your metabolism and start burning off the fat.  I lost 35 pounds a couple of years ago because I started running & lifting and eating two Mcdonald's hamburgers 4 or 5 times a day.  I'd eat two and when I got hungry two or three hours later I'd eat two more.  The weight fell off.  I'm not recommending the hamburgers but if you do the same thing with healthier food you'd probably be amazed at the results.  Don't go no carb but low carb never hurts either.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:21:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Nobody's Perfect

Totally understand that.  

I think its funny when I go to the FOBs and they see an AF officer come in with a A2 and m9 in body armor.  

Last time I went up north I took a AF major with me and gave him a large alice pack to take his gear in (he didnt have a backpack).  It was full with the sleeping bag on the bottem of the ruck.  We were going for 3 days by plane I just laughed and walked away said lets go rambo.  I need to watch what I say but people can get by with one set of DCUs, gym gear that doubles as sleep gear shower shoes, a gortex jacket in case it rains up north and a book.  Oh gas mask too.  I look at the stuff I have now for going up north and its just nuts why I have it now that I am over here.  I dont use half of it.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top