Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2003 9:50:15 AM EDT
In AZ, I shoot mostly in the desert.  Does anyone know where I can go while I'm in Denver. I prefer a place out in the desert or mountains.

Thanks for the help! (posted in hometown as well)
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 10:58:55 AM EDT
[#1]
There's the Pawnee Grasslands east of Ft. Collins.  Not sure what would be closer.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:21:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I also enjoy going up to the DOW range by Kremling. Mostly do trap up there. It is a couple hour drive form Denver just like Pawnee. There is nothing like shooting up in the mountains. I have never shot at Pawnee, but hear it is nice. Check out the hometown section, they arrange shoots about every month up there. I have wanted to go for the last few months but alway have something to do.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:44:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Cherry creek State park is pretty nice, but keep in mind im a New Yorker
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:25:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Anywhere in any national forest is legal.  Having said that, there are usually a butt-load of folks out playing in the forest who don't have guns and who aren't shooting.  I live in Colorado Springs and we have a public range in the Pike National Forest.  It's off Rampart Range road just west of Garden of the Gods.  One caveat though--since it's a public range there are all sorts of idiots out there shooting who have very different ideas of safe gun handling.  Be very careful there--you almost take your own life in hands at this one.
If you want to head north up to Ft Collins, there is lots of public land north and west of town.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top