BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2002 6:05:39 PM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/684581/posts[/url]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:26:16 PM EDT
[#1]
This is interesting.

In part one, didn't the judge go out of his way to make the defendant understand that he had a constitutional (5th amendment )right against self-incrimination?

But then when it comes to the 2nd A, and the state constitution, suddenly those rights don't exist?

They can't have it both ways.   Actually, it sorta good that they screwed this up so badly, he can now have a better chance on appeal.  However, I gotta wonder how much good the appeal is likely to do in setting law.  Chance are, the might just remand it back to the court to deal with the question again.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:37:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Denver wont see any of my business until some things change.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:40:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:43:16 PM EDT
[#4]
If you scroll down, someone posted this.  

As part of the BATF's Project Exile there are large billboards in Denver asking people to turn in neighbors if they think they have "illegal" guns.

People who have spoken out against this project are being targeted by the BATF for arrest.

The Denver PD has been keeping secret files on thousands of nonviolent protestors. Their reaction to guns is utterly hysterical. On several seperate occasions they've gunned down innocent people in their homes after getting the wrong address and encountering an armed resident.

Denverites don't seem to think these things are a problem. I doubt Stanley will get a fair trial here.

View Quote

Is there any truth to this?
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:43:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:44:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:53:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Someone needs to pull a Henry Bowman on this "judge". This whole thing is disgusting.

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 8:04:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
it is good that this information comes out. Im sorry but that judge is full of shit. i dont give a fuck what he thinks, the bill of rights applies in denver and all of colorado.
View Quote

Yeah but the bad thing is the jury went along with this idiot.  Unfortunately, right now, the Constitution doesnt apply to those in Denver.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 8:20:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I donno about you guys but i have a feeling that judge just through his career away
View Quote

I'd be inclined to agree with you, but the way things seem to work, he'll probably get promoted to a higher court in Co.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top