Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2001 6:09:51 AM EDT

"The era of a shrinking federal government has come to a close.

The next few years will more closely resemble the mid-1930s, when federal power dramatically increased; but this new deal will involve an overarching federal effort to bring physical, not economic, security to our people.

Surveys show that the American people are willing to cede more authority and dollars to Washington to do such things as tighten borders, make the skies safer and shore up our public health systems.

But the "new" New Deal is upon us. The president can either lead the charge or be run over by it."

~ Sen. Charles Schumer, D-NY  12/10/01 Washington Post.

[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A22949-2001Dec10.html[/url]

Brace yourself - it's going to get ugly [BD]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 6:21:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 6:25:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
When was the Demo/Lib power grab ever "OFF"?
View Quote

You ain't seen nothing yet! [devil]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 7:22:48 PM EDT
[#3]
How much more do they think they can squeeze from us?  
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 7:45:10 PM EDT
[#4]
How much more do they think they can squeeze from us?
View Quote

I don't know about the collective "us," but there isn't that much more to squeeze from me.  I was just going over my taxes for the year in case I needed to do something before Dec 31.  I've worked seven days per week most weeks and six the rest, and I'm still under for the year.  I still have to pay property tax for my house this year.

Sorry for the rant, I'm frustrated, and the idea that the Demo-rats think they deserve even more of my money, makes my blood boil.z
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top