BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2002 12:39:50 PM EDT
WTF?

[b]A Second Look at the Second Amendment[/b]
[url]www.democraticunderground.com/articles/02/10/22_second.html[/url]
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 12:45:37 PM EDT
[#1]
[shock]  The DU admins are probably trying to figure out if they can nuke an article like they can to a thread.  Not only do they believe that the Second Amendment is a good idea, but they actually understand *why*!
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 12:46:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 12:55:18 PM EDT
[#3]
If you take a closer look at the people at DU, you'll realize that they believe in the right to keep guns.

They are deathly afraid that conservatives will impose their evil will, and send *THEM* off to concentration camps.  They want guns because we conservatives are the enemy!  They want to defend themselves against us!

It is so screwed up it's funny.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 1:16:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Didn't sound a bit pro-gun to me.  Seemed more anti-Bush, using the Second Amendment as a tool to get a point across.

Read the last question.  The writer is basically saying "Don't let Bush and the government take the terrorism war too far and stomp your rights."  The last question is asking if you'd rather have a government order (like the king sayeth) to ban civilian firearms, or would rather have a "democratic vote" to ban them.  Either way, it seems she wants them banned.  It's just that she wants them banned in the "proper method".

The only "good" thing she said about the militia folks, which I assume she uses to mean gun owners, is that they're not hypocrites.  Of course, she uses this to prove the point that we dislike all anti-right politicians equally:  Clinton for, well, himself.  Bush for things like the Patriot Act.

Her statement about the Second Amendement being all we have left, to me, illustrates that she doesn't believe there are any current infringements on one's right to bear arms.

That's my read.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 1:23:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, it's amazing how many pro-RKBA folks they tolerate over there!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/duforum/DCForumID32/1070.html

Link Posted: 10/22/2002 1:25:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Be advised: Undercover on scene.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/duforum/DCForumID32/1070.html
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 3:00:13 PM EDT
[#7]
ROTFLMAO!  It's SOOOOOO much fun as kbaker says "twisting their tails".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top