User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2006 9:06:52 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:08:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Morons, ALL of them.

Sure, let's put ourselves out of business.  That will help everyone
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:18:45 AM EDT
[#2]
How does a company lose 10 Billion dollars in one year and remain in business anyway?

I mean, jeez...  wouldn't their utilities get shut off or something?  Really, how does that work?  Did they bounce a ten billion dollar check trying to folat for another month?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:20:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Bound to happen sooner or later
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:22:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How does a company lose 10 Billion dollars in one year and remain in business anyway?

I mean, jeez...  wouldn't their utilities get shut off or something?  Really, how does that work?  Did they bounce a ten billion dollar check trying to folat for another month?

1.  savings

2.   credit

3.   sell assets

4.   sell stocks
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:25:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Wait till the viet-congress figures out they can use this to buy votes from the union slugs.  Somehow our tax $ will be used to provide a nice pension for these union types once they bankrupt GM.  Mark my words.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:32:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Yep,and waiting in the wings; Delta/Comair,and Northwest Airlines.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:35:42 AM EDT
[#7]
This is so far beyond "cutting off the nose to spite the face" it's not even funny.

I don't want to hear ONE PEEP from those idiots when all the jobs have gone to out of country and their formerly great middle-class Workers' Paradise is gone and they're living in SLUMS and they've dragged those of us who actually plan for the future down with them.

I like Michigan most of the time. But times like this when SO MANY of the people that live here are Union or support the Unions in their suicidal decisions just make me wish I lived far, far away...
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:59:12 AM EDT
[#8]
The union workers seem to think if they take the paycuts, then they will only open a floodgate for more concessions from management.  The UAW is going to fold just like it did with Caterpillar.  Honestly, I don't know where these low skilled production workers think they are going to find work at  the rate of  $16.50\ hr.  Either they take the cuts or Delphi will hire replacement workers eventually.  I'm sure that they will have no problem with filling these positions at the lower rate.  I also think that the only guv intervention will be troops to control striking workers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top