Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:13:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Your friend is stupid.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:14:58 PM EDT
[#2]
You clean your guns?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:15:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Stupid,but he's still my friend but we doesn;t want to learn from others mistakes! Ive screwed up too much to go into detail but when it comes to guns, Im usually always right!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:16:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Come on guys! Be serious!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:16:42 PM EDT
[#5]
He would probably like the military and their unneccessary cleaning. Over cleaning with too much CLP is why M-16's have problems.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:18:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:44:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I have a friend who cleans guns to the Anal extreme! I mean he takes his Ruger MKll  lower trigger group apart to clean the trigger & hammer,also he went to take his butstock off his DSA Stg58 with a nickle & a pair of visegrips! (He thinks he's a gunsmith) (I once thought I was one too till I met the real dea & made me own Hack jobs!) He uses whatever is available if he doesn't have the tools he Rigs whatever he finds! I function clean my guns & keep them from rusting, that all I do, but he thinks everything is user servicable!
Just a minute ago he showed me the cylinder from his SW Model 17 .22  Of course it was off the gun!!! Asked me if I thought it was clean enough. When I cringed he said i was mad because i didn't know how to take one off & I said you dont take them off! He thinks everything is user servicable! I don't know revolvers well but isn't that possibally going to affect timing?

Id like to see him in the service & tell his DI that he took his 16 lower apart because it's user servicable! Ohhhh the pain he would be in!

What does everybody think???

I got the military cleaning bug too, but I'm overcoming it.  I only completely strip my weapons every four or five times I shoot them.  But I do take them almost completely apart.  I pulled apart my Ruger Standard Model just the other day, and last week I not only took the cylinder off of my 640, but also the sideplate.

Way I see it, the user should strive to become an expert at servicing ANYTHING he operates, from his J-Frame to his vehicle.  One day there might not be anyone else around to service it for him.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:47:27 PM EDT
[#8]
huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh... he said member... huh huh huh huh huh...

Yeah, your friend is wacko.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:48:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh... he said member... huh huh huh huh huh...

Yeah, your friend is wacko.

What exactly did he want me to put my member in?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:51:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I have a friend who cleans guns to the Anal extreme! I mean he takes his Ruger MKll  lower trigger group apart to clean the trigger & hammer

I take mine down to the frame twice a year, once at the beginning of bullseye season, one in the middle.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:54:17 PM EDT
[#11]
With the exception of using corrosive ammo, or use in rain/snow, far more guns are damaged by overaggressive cleaning than by lack of cleaning.

If you don't know how to clean correctly, it's best left dirty...
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:55:51 PM EDT
[#12]
if you have a ultrasonic cleaner.. Just dump the gun in and 20 mins later. its spotless!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top