Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 2:25:28 PM EDT
Sorry - don't want to hotlink it.  Just copy & paste into your browser's URL address bar.

http://www.mothersagainstguns.net/

In the past 12 months there have been nearly 10,000 incidents involving firearms in England and Wales, and 97 gun-related murders. Government figures show that gun crime rose by 35% last year.  Mothers Against Guns are collecting signatures on a petition to demand the total ban of replica guns in the UK.

So, they call for MORE FRIGGIN LAWS.

The harder they try, the worse it gets.  Keep appealing to emotion.  We can't let this crap float over to this side of the pond.  Just say 'No', boys & girls.

'stupid': adjective: adj 1: lacking or marked by lack of intellectual acuity [ant: smart] 2: in a state of mental numbness especially as resulting from shock; "he had a dazed expression on his face"; "lay semiconscious, stunned (or stupefied) by the blow"; "was stupid from fatigue" [syn: dazed, stunned, stupefied, stupid(p)] 3: without much intelligence; "a dull job with lazy and unintelligent co-workers" [syn: unintelligent] [ant: intelligent] n : a person who is not very bright; "The economy, stupid!" 4: doing the same thing repeatedly while expecting a different result; see also Mothers Against Guns (& brains) [syn: stupid person, dullard, dolt, pudding head, pudden-head, poor fish, pillock]

Yup.  That about covers it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:28:36 PM EDT
[#1]
MAGS  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:29:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
MAGS  

Ironic isn't it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:31:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Wait- people are getting shot with real guns, so let's ban the fake ones?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:34:57 PM EDT
[#4]
"TOYS THAT KILL"

The film shows children playing with replica guns, which turn out to be real, with all the violence that results.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:36:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn, how many times do you have to shoot someone with an airsoft to kill them.......?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:48:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Damn, how many times do you have to shoot someone with an airsoft to kill them.......?

Nah, see, you just need a REEEEEEEEAAALLY big spring.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:50:42 PM EDT
[#7]
"toys that kill"

Well, if they fire real bullets, I bet they're not toys. Besides, replicas don't become converted to fire real bullets by themselves.. or perhaps your kid is a prodigy John M. Browning and you neglected to notice that mini-mill he has behind his crib.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:03:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Ahhhh... the pond scum.  hey+1 the irony of MAG
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:06:31 PM EDT
[#9]
MAGS...That good

I treat these fuckers just like MADD.  I joined DAMM (Drunks Against Mad Mothers).

Brian
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:10:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Two words -- shot placement.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:25:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:29:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Awesome more victim laws are passed.

When will they learn?  Laws cannot substitute for common sense and decency.  You cannot legislate the bad out of anyone.

Max
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:35:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Real guns?
Replica guns?
What's the difference?
BOTH SHOULD BE BANNED!!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:37:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:42:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Wait- people are getting shot with real guns, so let's ban the fake ones?

Yeah that'll solve everything.  WTF?!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:44:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Pathetic.

A friend of mine never has exposed her kids to firearms. So I decided to teach her kids the basics. Well, the other day I’m over there and I brought along my new 1911 to show off.

The 10 year old asks what I had in the case and I pull out the pistol. His reaction? “Don’t forget to clear it.” Just like I taught the kid. After I clear it he recognized it was a single action, (not bad). I hand it to him and he looks it over without muzzle swiping anyone or doing anything unsafe then asks when he gets to shoot it.

Point is, that kid had about 30 minutes of instruction at my house one day and he’s already fairly safe with guns.

And that’s why gun control is so deadly to kids.

There was a time when kids saw firearms as something responsible adults used to hunt or target shoot with. They were also something adults used to defend home and family from anyone with criminal intent. Children had plenty of positive role models for firearms ownership. So, kids didn’t use guns in crime, and they knew how to handle firearms safely so there weren’t a lot of accidental shootings either.

Then along comes gun control.

The thing to understand about gun control is that it isn’t about firearms. Gun control is about eliminating the “gun culture.” The gun control crowd tries to make firearms ownership into something shameful that needs to be hidden. And , when the succeed, children don’t have any positive role models or any chance to legally shoot.

But the basic drive to be a warrior and have weapons skills still exists and that instinct won’t be denied. Kids still get guns but now the gun is the mark of a rebel and a bad kid. So the kid acts on the role society gives him. And that is why we have the rise in gun violence and youth crime whenever gun control wins out.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:53:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Pathetic.

A friend of mine never has exposed her kids to firearms. So I decided to teach her kids the basics. Well, the other day I’m over there and I brought along my new 1911 to show off.

The 10 year old asks what I had in the case and I pull out the pistol. His reaction? “Don’t forget to clear it.” Just like I taught the kid. After I clear it he recognized it was a single action, (not bad). I hand it to him and he looks it over without muzzle swiping anyone or doing anything unsafe then asks when he gets to shoot it.

Point is, that kid had about 30 minutes of instruction at my house one day and he’s already fairly safe with guns.

There was a time when kids saw firearms as something responsible adults used to hunt or target shoot with. They were also something adults used to defend home and family from anyone with criminal intent. Children had plenty of positive role models for firearms ownership. So, kids didn’t use guns in crime, and they knew how to handle firearms safely so there weren’t a lot of accidental shootings either.

The thing to understand about gun control is that it isn’t about firearms. Gun control is about eliminating the “gun culture.” The gun control crowd tries to make firearms ownership into something shameful that needs to be hidden. And , when the succeed, children don’t have any positive role models or any chance to legally shoot.

But the basic drive to be a warrior and have weapons skills still exists and that instinct won’t be denied. Kids still get guns but now the gun is the mark of a rebel and a bad kid. So the kid acts on the role society gives him. And that is why we have the rise in gun violence and youth crime whenever gun control wins out.

+1 and good job on teaching the kid.  It is attacking the gun culture at it's finest.  But the Aternative lifestyle is superior to your guns.  It is better to be ghey then to have guns.  Besides the cops can handle the crime can't they?  What a crock of crap.

Max
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:26:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Pathetic.

I've come to pretty much the same conclusion.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:06:35 AM EDT
[#19]
at least Mothers Against Guns are honest.  Over here all the groups supposedly aren't against guns, but "gun violence", but we know know better.  

I googled on "against gun violence" to prove my point Google search
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:32:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Pathetic.

+1 and good job on teaching the kid.  It is attacking the gun culture at it's finest.  But the Aternative lifestyle is superior to your guns.  It is better to be ghey then to have guns.  Besides the cops can handle the crime can't they?  What a crock of crap.

Max

Double-tap on doing the good deed & breaking down myths for the lad at an early age.  Nothing so enticing as forbidden fruit, & denying natural inquisitiveness only strengthens curiosity.  What's troubling is seeing opinion polls that illustrate a growing willingness to sacrifice freedom for a (false) promise of "safety".  A serious ignorance of history in this country is starting to bite back.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:54:45 PM EDT
[#21]
"'Toys That Kill'  See the hard hitting film..."

Either they are toys or they are not.

So much BS.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:57:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Sounds like Iraq is safer than England and Wales.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:03:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Being from Arizona, I ask people if they teach their kids to swim.  If they say yes, I ask why.  Usually their answer is something along the lines of so the kid will be safe around pools.  Then they need to teach their kid gun safety so if they are ever around one, they won't hurt themselves or someone else.

It's the look on their face when the common sense hits them that's most gratifying.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:09:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Anyone watch the movie?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top