Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/21/2016 4:19:33 PM EDT
And killing them is not an option. I live in town, yes it's a small one but it's still town. There's a small group of deer that come and eat everyone's stuff at night.

What's good for making them fuck off?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:21:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Rat poison
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:21:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
And killing them is not an option. I live in town, yes it's a small one but it's still town. There's a small group of deer that come and eat everyone's stuff at night.

View Quote

Nuisance Animal Exceptions

See if your state has them.  Mine does.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:22:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Rubber buckshot.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:23:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Thread title should be  "Me eating Deer who ate muh garden"

Do you compound bow dude....
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:25:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Crossbow, and yes you can kill them
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:25:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Electric fence
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:25:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think they apply if you live in town...

Tree Guard works, and can be funny if you try it on a dare.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:25:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Strong Fences are the real reliable way.  The deer-b-gone spray stuff works just OK.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:26:13 PM EDT
[#10]
There really is no good option, can't choot 'em in city limits. So I need to come up with a way to convince them to go elsewhere.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:27:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
There really is no good option, can't choot 'em in city limits. So I need to come up with a way to convince them to go elsewhere.
View Quote

Darrell does not approve
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:27:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Find a way to kill them in your yard.  Then make deer jerky.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:28:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Get a big fucking dog that likes to chase deer. Problem solved.

Or in my case a tiny corgi that loves to chase deer. Whatever works

They learn pretty quick and will stay away.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:28:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:29:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good idea, but I want to eat my lettuce and tomatoes. They don't like the onions so they just step on them
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:29:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Hot sauce?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:30:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Shoot them in the back while they're leaving town
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:30:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The law or just shooting them?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:30:35 PM EDT
[#19]

Bury yourself in the garden laying on your back.
Put a nice head of lettuce on your chest.
Make sure the knife you use is real sharp.
When youre done, start a thread asking for venison recipes.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:31:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Damn, you guys are slow.

Or take a piss around the garden.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:32:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't have to use a firearm to kill deer.  There are several other ways, have you talked with a game warden yet?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Key ingredient: Putrescent egg solids. Apply while you are standing up wind, especially if you have a weak stomach.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:35:14 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Good idea, but I want to eat my lettuce and tomatoes. They don't like the onions so they just step on them
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bad idea.

From the Tree Guard page linked above: "The nasty taste makes it unsuitable for food crops.
"

My father in law put posts in the ground about 3 feet high, twine around the stakes with orange plastic ribbon hanging every few feet. I didn't think it would keep the deer out but it did.  He went around the stakes a few times with the twine.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:35:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Radio with punk music
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:40:08 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Radio with rap punk music
View Quote

Fixed

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:40:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pellet gun, rubber pellets.
LP powered poppers
Sprinklers hooked to morian sensors
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:40:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Paintball gun?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:42:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Pee on the plants to establish dominance.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:44:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Find your local meat processor or slaughter house.  See if they have any blood meal.  It's dried blood, usually from pigs.  I get mine from a place in East St. Louis.  It should cost about a buck a pound. Spread it around your garden.  In fact it makes excellent fertilizer so you can spread it in your garden.  In fact, it is listed as an organic fertilizer.  The deer don't like the smell of the blood and will stay away.  Unless you have some torrential rainfall it will last about three months.

I do this on about 12 acres of berries to keep the deer out.  It's the cheapest, most effective route to go.  The only thing more effective is an eight foot fence.  If you decide to go the electric fence route, you'll need to install two layers of fencing about three feet apart.  The inner fence should have wire about every foot apart from 1 to 6 feet.  The outer fence should have a wire at two feet.  The idea id that deer generally don't like to jump over layered obstacles.  You can make the outer fence more effective by folding aluminum foil strips over it every four feet.  Then smear a dab of peanut butter on them.  This makes the wire more visual and teaches the deer that the wire is bad when they lick it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:47:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Fixed

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Radio with rap punk music

Fixed

But all the deer be rapp'n then
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:49:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Key ingredient: Putrescent egg solids. Apply while you are standing up wind, especially if you have a weak stomach.

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/sits_pod32/dw/image/v2/AABF_PRD/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-GSC_Products/default/dw2975484c/Products/33405_007V.jpg?sw=840&sh=1120&sm=fit
View Quote

That stuff hardly slows them down around here.

I kind of have the same problem. We have these archaic limits on does in my area and the population is getting stupid big. A few hippie neighbors think they are their pets and feed them which of course doesn't help.

They are getting to the point where they are actually getting sort of aggressive.  I think next time one tries to stomp on my cat or huffs at me I'm just going to shoot it in the face. The question is if I can get the Game Warden to let me keep it..
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:50:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Awful nice of you to fatten up my deer for hunting season. Thinking maybe of sending my turkeys your way late summer.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:50:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Coyote decoy?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:50:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That stuff hardly slows them down.

I kind of have the same problem. We have these archaic limits on does in my area and the population is getting stupid big. A few hippie neighbors think they are their pets and feed them which of course doesn't help.

They are getting to the point where they are actually getting sort of aggressive.  I think next time one tries to stomp on my cat or huffs at me I'm just going to shoot it in the face.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/sits_pod32/dw/image/v2/AABF_PRD/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-GSC_Products/default/dw2975484c/Products/33405_007V.jpg?sw=840&sh=1120&sm=fit

They are getting to the point where they are actually getting sort of aggressive.  I think next time one tries to stomp on my cat or huffs at me I'm just going to shoot it in the face.

It was making a move, I had to get it on
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:51:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Leave your garage open, when they wander in, close the door and 300 BLK subsonic.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:52:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Works well for me. But you need to be diligent about reapplying.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:53:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Powdered milk is the answer. Used by guerilla farmers to protect marijuana fields, cheap and works. Mix it up and put in a spray bottle,spray it on your plants,repeat as needed.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:54:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But the dispatcher told him to stay in his car
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:55:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Powdered milk is the answer. Used by guerilla farmers to protect marijuana fields, cheap and works. Mix it up and put in a spray bottle,spray it on,repeat as needed.
View Quote

I hate mixing stuff. Can I get it pre mixed?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:55:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Milorganite works for me. It is slow release organic fertilizer made from sewage sludge, deer can't stand the smell. Re-apply about once per month or more if it rains a lot.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:55:54 PM EDT
[#41]
A healthy sprinkling of cayenne will keep them away until the next rain or so.

I've heard of other homemade concoctions, including one made with water, dish detergent, tobacco (get a big bag of cheap roll your own or pipe tobacco) and jalapenos. Again, frequent re-application would probably be required. Make tobacco/jalapeno tea and add a small amount of detergent.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:55:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Leave your garage open, when they wander in, close the door and 300 BLK subsonic.
View Quote

I vote this method.

Imagine the look on your wife's face when she goes to pull into the garage later.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 5:00:19 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Powdered milk is the answer. Used by guerilla farmers to protect marijuana fields, cheap and works. Mix it up and put in a spray bottle,spray it on,repeat as needed.

you can, heard they sell it in bags even.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 5:00:43 PM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 5:02:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Bury yourself in the garden laying on your back.
Put a nice head of lettuce on your chest.
Make sure the knife you use is real sharp.
When youre done, start a thread asking for venison recipes.

View Quote

#winning

Do this OP!!
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 5:03:33 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Damn, you guys are slow.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c1/US_M18a1_claymore_mine.jpg
Or take a piss around the garden.
View Quote

Peeing doesn't work. I know because I pee near my deer stand and usually find big scrapes and rubs the next day.

Also had on game cam several large bucks smelling the areas i peed at and ate corn.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 5:05:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Put it in a spray bottle and add water,shake.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 5:07:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Fox urine that hunters spray on the base of the tree?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 5:08:38 PM EDT
[#49]
if you don't want to shoot ....then pee in a bucket and pour it around the area you don't want deer, dogs, cats, etc.

Human piss will drive away pretty much anything.  Mark your territory dude..
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 5:10:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Pungi Pit

Instant kabobs
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top