Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/29/2005 12:03:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:03:51 AM EDT
I thought they were going to raze that mother.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:04:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By raven:

I thought they would HAVE to.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:06:30 AM EDT

For the cleaners only one final task remains - trying to catch the two cats and the dog that have been left roaming the building after their owners were made to leave them behind.
If The Sarge isn't back soon I will have a pretty good idea of where he at...
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:45:08 AM EDT
Seems like it would be a lot easier/cheaper just to pretend the stadium is a hippy peace protester skank chick and hit it with a battalion of IDF bulldozers...
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:56:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/29/2005 12:58:14 AM EDT by OLY-M4gery]

Originally Posted By 4xys2xxs:

I thought they would HAVE to.

Why? Did poop and pee suddenly become antagonistic to concrete?

Plus I hate to say it, but during a regular sporting event, there's poop, pee, vomit, and problably a lot of other stuff where it shouldn't be. The volume may have been greater during the evacuation............

Who could've thought ahead far enough to realize that in a major storm sewer, water, and electricity MIGHT go out....................... shocking.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:11:40 AM EDT
Given the circumstances when people were hold up in there I can understand the anxiety and desperation they went through....

But Holy Freakin Hell!!!
Its a good thing the people staying in and around that place didnt end up being there much longer or it would have been to their own demise.And Im not talking about dehydration or starvation.
You saw the huge piles of garbage people were walking around in and the lack of any kind of sanitation in ANY way.
Even outside the place people are standing in piles of garbage not even thinking that they could easily have a designated area for certain things and a plan of sorts.
Instead of standing/sleeping and walking in garbage and feces make it somewhat habitable, especially with not knowing how long you will be there.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:17:58 AM EDT
WIgunnut, I cant stop laughing whenever I look at your avatar. So cool.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:19:30 AM EDT
Should have made the worthless pieces of shit clean up their own mess. At the rate they work it would have taken till nest christmas..

Nevermind
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:26:20 AM EDT

WIgunnut, I cant stop laughing whenever I look at your avatar. So cool.

Thanks

I like it too
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:35:55 AM EDT
Yeah... And the officials wonder why some people refused to go there? Where were THEY staying?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:08:15 AM EDT

That was Nagin talking. "Everything is bad, we need money for an entire new city built from scratch from the ground up, gimmie. gimmie, gimmie"
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:17:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Noname:
Seems like it would be a lot easier/cheaper just to pretend the stadium is a hippy peace protester skank chick and hit it with a battalion of IDF bulldozers...

OUCH
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:07:08 AM EDT
Aside from the fact that no NASCAR Dad is ever going to be able to sit and watch a football game in that shithole without thinking of shit, rape and death:

Don't they have more pressing issues in NO right now than fixing what should be an insurance loss?

Dave
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:08:38 AM EDT
Thank God for power washers.
AllahuAkbar!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:18:13 AM EDT
I wonder how many members of the cleanup crew were non-existent ghost workers.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:37:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TheOtherDave:
Aside from the fact that no NASCAR Dad is ever going to be able to sit and watch a football game in that shithole without thinking of shit, rape and death:

Don't they have more pressing issues in NO right now than fixing what should be an insurance loss?

Dave

But none of that stuff happened. They said so on TV...

Bob
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:47:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By vito113:
"The toilets had faeces three inches above the seat. The bowl was full and it was sitting atop that like ice cream, and even the sinks and the floor had been used," Mr Obregon said.

This thread is useless w/o pics.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:07:05 AM EDT

Leading the effort was Frank Obregon, operations manager for J & J Maintenance, a contractor based in Austin, Texas.

Must be a subsidiary of Halliburton. Go Texas!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:13:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TheOtherDave:

Dave

There are other people working in other parts of the city. Why shouldn't the management company try to get their stadium put back together? Maybe a couple of Saints games would do the morale of the city good.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:17:39 AM EDT

Originally Posted By GiggleSmith:

For the cleaners only one final task remains - trying to catch the two cats and the dog that have been left roaming the building after their owners were made to leave them behind.
If The Sarge isn't back soon I will have a pretty good idea of where he at...

Well, at least the dog will be ok.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:25:59 AM EDT
"The toilets had faeces three inches above the seat. The bowl was full and it was sitting atop that like ice cream, and even the sinks and the floor had been used," Mr Obregon said.

That quite a feat, taking a dump in a sink.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:59:56 AM EDT

"It was covered in trash and the restrooms were absolutely filthy. The toilets had faeces three inches above the seat. The bowl was full and it was sitting atop that like ice cream, and even the sinks and the floor had been used," Mr Obregon said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4292392.stm

Dr. Ian Malcom//Wow, now that's a big pile of shit//Dr. Ian Malcom
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:09:39 AM EDT
Gasoline, check...

Matches, check...
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:25:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:
Maybe a couple of Saints games would do the morale of the city good.

Doubtful. At 1-2 their playing has been downright abysmal.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:31:43 AM EDT
superdome....wasn't that where the mayor and the governor gave their press conferences...

no wonder the shit was piled high.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:41:07 AM EDT
Figures. Even the crap handling contractors came from Texas. Seems GWB is lining the pockets of every Texan he can.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:42:02 AM EDT
Thats fucking nasty. I wouldnt wanna be the one on the toilet when its 2 inches about the top haha sitting on shit nasty
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:42:51 AM EDT
It's nothing a fresh coat of fire can't spruce up.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:10:10 AM EDT
just threw up in my mouth a little
Top Top