Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2012 6:52:21 AM EDT
I've got leftover ribs, smoked yesterday.

I was talking to the wife and wondering out loud if a battered, spiced, deep fried rib would be any count.  The meat would be trimmed from the bone and bone discarded.  

I would use a spicy breading and they'd only fry until the breading was cooked (since they're smoked all the way through).

Before I potentially ruin a rack and a half of rib meat, has anybody done this before and if so, what were the results?

If not, I'll give it a try and report back.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 2:27:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, the leftover ribs are gone and they were well-recieved.  Everybody liked them.

Very simple to do.

1) trim bone and fat from meat.

2) cut into bit-sized pieces

3) dip in an eggwash

4) drench in breading (I used a mix of flour and cornmeal, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and a pinch of rib rub I had leftover)

5) repeat steps 3 and 4

6) drop into hot oil (~375-400 degrees) for 3-4 minutes.  Remove when brown and crispy.

7) Serve with side of your favorite BBQ sauce.

If you've ever had leftover ribs and really didn't want to preheat the oven and wait 30 minutes for them to reheat, this might be an option for you.  Or if you've got unexpected guests coming, this would make an excellent and quick appetizer using leftover food in the fridge.  Furthermore, these can be eaten without half the mess of regular smoked ribs.

I can post pics later.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 6:51:08 AM EDT
[#2]
We do something similar with pork loins.  After we cook and eat it the first day, my wife will cut it into cubes, batter and then fry them.  Kids call them pork chop nuggets, and they really like them.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 8:07:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
We do something similar with pork loins.  After we cook and eat it the first day, my wife will cut it into cubes, batter and then fry them.  Kids call them pork chop nuggets, and they really like them.

Very similar.

I unexpectedly was the host for our weekly poker game.  Needed something for everybody to gnaw on.

These ribs, which would've been reheated in the oven with mediocre success, were instead turned into finger food.

Approximately 1 rack of leftover ribs (probably less), was enough to feed 7 men.  

At any rate, I certainly wouldn't smoke ribs for 4.5 hours and then cut them up for this, but it is a good way to reuse leftovers.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:14:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Southerners only in this thread?

Pork- good stuff.  Deep fried anything- good stuff.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top