Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/31/2009 6:59:58 AM EDT
So, with the official R candidate gone, and the Conservative Hoffman dead even with the Democrat, is it too early to say "we told you so"?

Looks like Newt backed the wrong horse.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:08:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Newt can pound sand and take all his RINO's with him!
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:13:13 AM EDT
[#2]
White House:  So what?  These elections mean nothing.  NOTHING!
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:16:01 AM EDT
[#3]
In the words of Han Solo, "Don't get cocky kid."

I thin Hoffman will probably pull this one out.

But that doesn't mean we should run third party challenges to ever "R"

What it does mean is that party bosses need to fucking stop it with the RINOs.   And if they put forth a true RINO that is as bad as this one was, then we need to prepare to lose the seat rather than to hold it only in illusion.

Elections are individual first downs in a football game.  You need people who are going to vote with you when the shit's on the line to actually score.  

The Republican party needs to figure that shit out.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:17:15 AM EDT
[#4]
No WAY!!!

HOFFMAN!!!!
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:17:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

What it does mean is that party bosses need to fucking stop it with the RINOs.   And if they put forth a true RINO that is as bad as this one was, then we need to prepare to lose the seat rather than to hold it only in illusion.

Don't hold your breath.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:17:30 AM EDT
[#6]

She looks like the psycho from the movie Misery.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:18:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Conservatives - 1  RINO's - 0   Dims - cleaning their pants
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:20:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:22:20 AM EDT
[#9]
It's true, She's out!!!!

AWESOME!!!!
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:22:33 AM EDT
[#10]
fuck her. I'm glad a CONSERVATIVE is running.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:22:48 AM EDT
[#11]
No fucking way?!

ETA perhaps Americans really mean it:

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:23:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Yes! If a conservative can win in New York..it is a good sign indeed.

Lets run the RINO's out one by one!
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:23:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Republican state Assemblywoman Dierdre Scozzafava has suspended her campaign for upstate New York's 23rd Congressional seat, leaving Democratic nominee Bill Owens and Conservative Party nominee Doug Hoffman in the race that will conclude Tuesday.

The move comes on the heels of a new poll that showed Scozzafava had fallen behind her two competitors in a race too close.

The Siena College poll has Owens picking up 36 percent of the vote, while Hoffman has 35 percent. Scozzafava has 20 percent, with nine percent of voters undecided.

It's a turnaround from the first Siena poll on the race in September, which had Scozzafava leading, followed by Owens and Hoffman.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/10/31/republican-scozzafava-suspends-new-york-congressional-campaign/

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:25:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:27:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Wow, that's awesome! Win for the good guys.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:29:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Hoffman should pick up 75% of her vote now.  Game on, barak!

If Christie pulls it out in NJ, barak is docked.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:29:31 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This

That.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:30:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Wait for Newt to respond.  He is trying to get up to speed, possibly for 2012.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:31:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:31:40 AM EDT
[#20]

Another nail in the coffin for The Old Republican Guard*.

*that means you Newt.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:32:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Unfortunately, I don't think that's a given.  She was more liberal than the Dim in some cases.  It should be very interesting.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:34:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

This

That.

Those

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:35:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Thats what I dislike about the RINO them idiots would back Satan himself if he declared himself a RINO....no wonder the Rep. party is swirling in the toilet bowl...........FUCKING IDIOTS..
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:39:11 AM EDT
[#24]
There was no way she way gonna win. Dead last in polling. Staying in only risked having the Dem win, despite being a fairly conservative district.

Now it looks like a Hoffman win.

Big victory for the good guys, and for Palin in particular. Hope we see this repeated all over the US in 2010; run a conservative, or we'll run one for you.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:39:18 AM EDT
[#25]
So if the RINO had 20%, and Hoffman had 35%, and the RINO is now out... does that mean that Hoffman now has 55% of the vote now? Or at least something approaching that? I'd love to see a new poll on this now that things have changed.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:42:02 AM EDT
[#26]
I've never understood why Newt is considered "brilliant". His books aren't amazingly breathtaking IMHO. Sure, he gathered the winning coalition in '94....but it went to his head in '98. It doesn't help that he kept divorcing and remarrying... he's on what, wife #3? He's a new Catholic....but he still thinks in the WASP mode.... a GOOD Catholic wouldn't have gone with Dede no matter how much 'support' she'd originally garnered.

You need boots on the ground, volunteers willing to donate lots of time to these campaigns and would someone point to me the legions of 'moderate' republicans who've EVER shown up for the ground game????
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:49:41 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

So if the RINO had 20%, and Hoffman had 35%, and the RINO is now out... does that mean that Hoffman now has 55% of the vote now? Or at least something approaching that? I'd love to see a new poll on this now that things have changed.

We'll see.  This is great news for us here in NY, but the election is on Tuesday and we'll find out what happens then.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:52:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You would think that should be true, but this is NY.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:52:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Newt can go suck cock on horseback.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:53:33 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unfortunately, I don't think that's a given.  She was more liberal than the Dim in some cases.  It should be very interesting.
NY23 has been a REPUBLICAN district.  This is hands down a CONSERVATIVE VICTORY.  Both dems and repubs have seen the total shift.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:54:31 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Newt can go suck cock on horseback.

He SHOULD learn the only thing in the middle of the road are stripes and roadkill.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:55:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think she really viewed herself as an Arlen Spector or Snowe in the making.   She has refused to ask her supporters to support hoffman.   Her statement says she's "releasing her supporters to the other candidates."    Fucking bitch really was going to be a trojon horse for the lefties, and if anyone can't admit that now they need glasses.

LInk:  "She's releasing her support to the other two candidates..."
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:56:32 AM EDT
[#33]
I have been getting calls from Newt G. at my house.  I politely told the woman on the phone to take me off their list.

No Newt in my house....
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:59:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

NY23 has been a REPUBLICAN district.  This is hands down a CONSERVATIVE VICTORY.  Both dems and repubs have seen the total shift.

I hope you're right, but you have to wonder about any of the supposed conservatives that were backing the Republican RINO.  Just how conservative are they?  I hope it's just a case of them feeling a little reluctant to vote 3rd party and now they can with a clear conscience.  This would be an awesome precedent to set leading into 2010.  I'm sure BHO will be looking for an upgraded teleprompter soon.  His old one quit working.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:00:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:02:10 AM EDT
[#36]
I'll take good news wherever it is offered, this is good news.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:04:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Elections are individual first downs in a football game.  You need people who are going to vote with you when the shit's on the line to actually score.  

Agreed.

Obviously I hope that Hoffman wins, but the conservative party has fucked us here in NY by allowing the Republican loser in the primary to run in a 3 way race, splitting the vote.  We lost a key state senate seat that way a couple years back.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:04:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Well I'm in the 23rd district and I'm a bit shocked.

Now I'm wondering what her motive is?  

-Did the right thing for the party by avoiding the split even though she had the party backing?
-Scared to be the little fish jumping to the big pond?
-Got nervous about the RINO hate she was receiving?  It really is a topic of conversation up here that she's a lib rino.
-She was riding under the radar with her liberal voting record and now it's front page news and she didn't like the attention.

Who knows/Cares.

Go Hoffman!
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:05:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Yes! If a conservative can win in New York..it is a good sign indeed.

Lets run the RINO's out one by one!

Upstate NY is generally pretty conservative, especially when you get out of the cities.  Hell, my congressional district (which includes Syracuse) had an NRA rated A congressman for over 20 years until 2008.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:06:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:06:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think she really viewed herself as an Arlen Spector or Snowe in the making.   She has refused to ask her supporters to support hoffman.   Her statement says she's "releasing her supporters to the other candidates."    Fucking bitch really was going to be a trojon horse for the lefties, and if anyone can't admit that now they need glasses.

Geez I was going to give her credit for bailing

I was getting calls from her up to maybe Wed or Thursday, although I suppose that stuff is paid for ahead of time?

She has now thrown her support to Hoffman: http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2009/10/scozzafava_suspends_campaign_t.html
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:07:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:09:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Geez I was going to give her credit for bailing

I was getting calls from her up to maybe Wed or Thursday, although I suppose that stuff is paid for ahead of time?

She has now thrown her support to Hoffman: http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2009/10/scozzafava_suspends_campaign_t.html

I see only a single news report saying she's throwing support to hoffman.   Her camp's actual statement, which I linked, says she's releasing to "two other candidates."

It would be nice to see the news article's factual support for their assertion.  It may be that a reporter just assumed that.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:10:33 AM EDT
[#44]
I sent Hoffman $20. You should to. Since my incumbants are not going anywhere I am supporting in my small way out state conservatives that can win.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:11:40 AM EDT
[#45]
I see a small break in the clouds. This country may survive afterall.

Micheal Steel should quit and Newt should stfu. The people have spoken and obviously don't want RINOs.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:11:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:12:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I think this would be a completely different story if Scozzafava had actually been elected to the seat rather than appointed. I don't consider it a third party challenge.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:16:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I see only a single news report saying she's throwing support to hoffman.   Her camp's actual statement, which I linked, says she's releasing to "two other candidates."

It would be nice to see the news article's factual support for their assertion.  It may be that a reporter just assumed that.

her campaign manager told the paper that (or that's what the article says)

I'm clicking around to try to get to the bottom of this.   The National Republican Committee has for sure switched ITS support at least to Hoffman.  (Welcome to the party boys, but you're a little late.)    But HER website still contains her statement in which she does not come out for Hoffman, and says those who have supported her can transfer their support as they see fit.  http://www.dedeforcongress.com/news/read.aspx?id=73
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:22:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:24:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yep. I instantly lose respect for anyone that supports Newt.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top