Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/21/2004 2:31:07 PM EDT
www.nbc4i.com/news/3746350/detail.html

Barton Cannot Return To Iraq Due To Injuries

Foster Barton, 19, of Grove City, received a Purple Heart for his military service in Iraq. He almost lost his leg last month after a Humvee he was riding in ran over a landmine.

Barton said he was injured again Friday night in a crowded parking lot as he was leaving the Toby Keith concert at Germain Amphitheatre. The solider was injured so badly that he can't go back to Iraq as scheduled.

"I don't remember getting hit at all, really," said Barton, a member of the 1st Calvary Division. "He hit me in the back of the head. I fell and hit the ground. I was knocked unconscious and he continued to punch and kick me on the ground."

Barton and his family said he was beat up because he was wearing an Iraqi freedom T-shirt.

"It's not our fault," Barton said. "I'm just doing a job."

According to a Columbus police report, six witnesses who didn't know Barton said the person who beat him up was screaming profanities and making crude remarks about U.S. soldiers, Burton reported.

One witness, a friend of the alleged attacker, said Barton hit first. Police said they do not think that witness is credible since the six other witnesses said Barton was hit from behind.

Barton's mother said she has a message for her son's alleged attacker, who police said ran into the crowd after the incident and was not arrested.

"He needs our prayers, just like the insurgents, because he's a coward," Cindy Barton said.

After a two-week leave, Barton was supposed to return to Iraq Tuesday. But his broken nose will delay his return.

Barton is waiting for doctors to tell him when he can return to active duty. He said wants to go back as soon as possible because his unit was just attacked. Eleven soldiers were wounded and two were killed, he said

FUCK these liberal pieces of trash!  These un-American traiterous assholes should burn in hell!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:33:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Bastards. ALL OF THEM!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:36:18 PM EDT
[#2]
The attacker was lucky I wasn't one of the people who witnessed this. As a fellow veteran of OIF I, I would have unleashed a can of whoop ass
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:37:22 PM EDT
[#3]
"One witness, a friend of the alleged attacker"

They have this guys name... why can't they get the attacker?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:38:20 PM EDT
[#4]
The people that attacked him are self hating, un-American and deserve the shit kicked out of them!  Cowards the lot of them!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:39:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a few friends in CPD, I'll see what I can find out.....
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:40:28 PM EDT
[#6]
people like that don't deserved to be pissed on if they were on fire.

J
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:40:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

FUCK these liberal pieces of trash!  These un-American traiterous assholes should burn in hell!

... Just better not mention anything if they were wearing laundry on the heads or face east on their knees @ 4:00PM each day
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:41:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:42:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I hope they post the attackers name because he needs to be brought out to the woodshed and have the shit kicked out of him.
You don't mess with OUR soldiers.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:43:49 PM EDT
[#10]
can we say kill 'em all in regards to these scumbags?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:44:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh my God, if I had seen that, the bastard would have been BEGGING to be arrested.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:47:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
"One witness, a friend of the alleged attacker"

They have this guys name... why can't they get the attacker?

Hopefully they will...just threaten to charge him with obstruction of justice...he'll sing like a canary, the pussy...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:47:34 PM EDT
[#13]
This is just sad... that asshole deserves to be put in front of a firing squad.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:48:06 PM EDT
[#14]
where are the kerry apologists at?
Va_Dinger, virginia22, cyanide, come defend your liberal buddies
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:48:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Oh my God, if I had seen that, the bastard would have been BEGGING to be arrested.

+1
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:48:12 PM EDT
[#16]
and isn't Ohio the state where the media is publishing the names of CCW holders... OUTRAGE !!!

I think I am going to find me a car with Kerry sticker and well.... argh.. I wish I could sink to their level.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:49:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
www.nbc4i.com/news/3746350/detail.html

Barton Cannot Return To Iraq Due To Injuries

Foster Barton, 19, of Grove City, received a Purple Heart for his military service in Iraq. He almost lost his leg last month after a Humvee he was riding in ran over a landmine.

Barton said he was injured again Friday night in a crowded parking lot as he was leaving the Toby Keith concert at Germain Amphitheatre. The solider was injured so badly that he can't go back to Iraq as scheduled.

"I don't remember getting hit at all, really," said Barton, a member of the 1st Calvary Division. "He hit me in the back of the head. I fell and hit the ground. I was knocked unconscious and he continued to punch and kick me on the ground."

Barton and his family said he was beat up because he was wearing an Iraqi freedom T-shirt.

"It's not our fault," Barton said. "I'm just doing a job."

According to a Columbus police report, six witnesses who didn't know Barton said the person who beat him up was screaming profanities and making crude remarks about U.S. soldiers, Burton reported.

One witness, a friend of the alleged attacker, said Barton hit first. Police said they do not think that witness is credible since the six other witnesses said Barton was hit from behind.

Barton's mother said she has a message for her son's alleged attacker, who police said ran into the crowd after the incident and was not arrested.

"He needs our prayers, just like the insurgents, because he's a coward," Cindy Barton said.

After a two-week leave, Barton was supposed to return to Iraq Tuesday. But his broken nose will delay his return.

Barton is waiting for doctors to tell him when he can return to active duty. He said wants to go back as soon as possible because his unit was just attacked. Eleven soldiers were wounded and two were killed, he said

Let me see if I got this right... they put the name of the injured soldier & his hometown in the story, but fail to print the name of his attacker???? Or the witness who claimed he started it?????

WTF, over?

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:50:12 PM EDT
[#18]

the six other witnesses said Barton was hit from behind.

Six people there and nobody tries to help the guy.
I would have stopped it.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:52:38 PM EDT
[#19]

One witness, a friend of the alleged attacker, said Barton hit first.

It should be possible to track the guy via his buddy.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:53:09 PM EDT
[#20]
I wonder if Toby Keith knows about this.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:54:18 PM EDT
[#21]
I would have tried to help the solider.

But there is a up side to the whole ordeal. They guy gets a few more days in the states before he is sent back to the sandbox. I bet that hippie asshole didn't realize he was buying the solider some more time with his loved ones.

I hate a damn liberal.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:56:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
This is just sad... that asshole deserves to be put in front of a firing squad.

I hereby volunteer for the "triggerman" job. Somebody REALLY needs to find this bastard.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:32:30 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

the six other witnesses said Barton was hit from behind.

Six people there and nobody tries to help the guy.have

Stopped it? I would have beaten that shit to a bloody pulp.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:32:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:40:40 PM EDT
[#25]
A quick death is too good for the cowardly POS.... I veto the bullet to the head.

How about living the rest of his life in some 3rd world shithole where his very existence relies on some warlord who keeps all the UN food for his own troops?

Send 'im to the Mog.

In the orange jumpsuit
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:41:00 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I wonder if Toby Keith knows about this.

That is the first thing I thought of.  If he knows he's pissed.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:46:49 PM EDT
[#27]
The sad part is none of the witnesses tried to help him.  

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:47:18 PM EDT
[#28]
@#(#$*#@@)@_!*#(@&$(#(_@_)@)*#$*@))@+_@+#($*)$&#)_+_#+%*%#_$#@__*@#($)@($ liberal scum.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:07:00 PM EDT
[#29]
as a self proclaimed drunken redneck, it goes without saying that i've been to a few country concerts...................

i have NEVER, EVER heard anything anti-American at any of said concerts i've attended. (this being a toby keith concert i really CANNOT imagine this happening)  

HOWEVER, i can fucking ASSURE YOU had something like this happened at a concert i attended and not only i but numerous others would have put this motherfucker in the hospital at the very least

seeing as how i'm not over there and they probably wouldnt want me if i tried to go over there, it is MY JOB to support and backup everybody that IS over there in my stead

i hope they find this little asshat motherfucker, i hope they publish his name, and i hope he lives in a small town
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:09:28 PM EDT
[#30]
If I had seen that shit the headline would have been "Decorated vet saved by fellow soldier with CCW and a 1911"
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:10:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:33:43 PM EDT
[#32]
looking forward to the day the gloves come off.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:34:46 PM EDT
[#33]
I can only wonder what DU's take on all this is....
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:50:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Somebody needs to kick the shit out of that hippie SOB that attacked one of our own.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:51:11 PM EDT
[#35]
give me 5 min with that fucken scumbag....

God damn hippie trash should all be taken out and beat to death.... with nothing but out bare hands...

-Roth
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:38:13 PM EDT
[#36]
[DU]Clearly this is a biased report completed without adequate research.  If he was unconcious, he wouldn't know the the guy kept kicking him.  The reporter was right in protecting the guy, afterall a soldier who would lie about the attack and who started it, too[/DU]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:44:59 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
as a self proclaimed drunken redneck, it goes without saying that i've been to a few country concerts...................

i have NEVER, EVER heard anything anti-American at any of said concerts i've attended. (this being a toby keith concert i really CANNOT imagine this happening)  

HOWEVER, i can fucking ASSURE YOU had something like this happened at a concert i attended and not only i but numerous others would have put this motherfucker in the hospital at the very least

seeing as how i'm not over there and they probably wouldnt want me if i tried to go over there, it is MY JOB to support and backup everybody that IS over there in my stead

i hope they find this little asshat motherfucker, i hope they publish his name, and i hope he lives in a small town

Yep, doesn't quite make sense to me either.  At a Toby Keith concert no less.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:51:09 PM EDT
[#38]
and... it was just last week in WV where the Enemies of the State assaulted a little girl and her father, ripping-up their Bush card.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:09:37 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I can only wonder what DU's take on all this is....hr

"Foster Barton, 19, a local soldier back from Bush's Iraq war, was beaten...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:22:47 PM EDT
[#40]
I don't think there is a person on this site that would not like to hand the attacker his ass!

what a coward POS.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:30:13 PM EDT
[#41]
ASP to the back of each kneecap? Then to the front? Then to each elbow?

Fun times.

John
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:31:56 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
and... it was just last week in WV where the Enemies of the State assaulted a little girl and her father, ripping-up their Bush card.

+1 on that

I get so frustrated when I hear stories like this.  Nothing like this ever happens when I'm around.  Guess it's a good thing.  This liberal punk would've paid dearly for his actions.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:32:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Shit like that just pisses me off. These people who attack our troops are NOT Americans. If America is so bad, why don't they just get the fuck out? I'd split that hippy faggot's head open with an axe handle, and dare his little commie friends to come and play. But that's just me. I hope that young man is going to be okay...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:33:58 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I have a few friends in CPD, I'll see what I can find out.....

Make sure to tell us what you know....
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:33:58 PM EDT
[#45]
nuke 'em.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:55:30 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
If America is so bad, why don't they just get the fuck out?

Because run-ins with IDF tractors kills libs dead.

What a piece of shit. I hope his name leaks out.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:55:51 PM EDT
[#47]
It's ironic: The freedoms to peacefully assemble and speak one's mind in the process are rights that have been paid for in unimaginable amounts of blood and violence throughout our country's history. For him to attack the very soldiers that provide us with those freedoms shows incredible amounts of indecency and ignorance. If he disagrees with the war, he should find the proper outlet for opposing it rather than attacking the people who provide him with the very freedom to disagree in the first place.

Hope he gets well soon.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:59:32 PM EDT
[#48]
IMNSHO, Liberals and a certain ethnic group are some of the biggest HYPOCRITS in the US.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:10:52 PM EDT
[#49]
My guess is these scumbags were not at the concert to see Toby, but rather were attracted to it just because he is patriotic. I guess they came there and waited around the parking lot looking for a target.

Again, these weren't Toby fans or concert goers IMHO. They came there with the specific purpose of locating and assaulting someone who is a patriotic American. My guess is these folks are Dixie Chicks fans.

Whoever they are, they need their ass kicked so hard that shit comes out of their mouth.

-CH
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:16:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Id like to see them attack me. They should be thrown into a nasty max security prision, and get lots of butt sex.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top