Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2002 7:30:37 PM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/628356/posts[/url]
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 8:14:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I agree 100% with Sherrif Masters. Legalie it and put the drug lords out of buisness. I DO NOT DO DRUGS! Although I'm tired of Polotics as usual. Ripping the American taxpayers off with this fake WAR. It's BS. But the American people just sit back and let Uncle Sam rip us off year after year. America is Blind, Stupid, Or just the laziest pieces of crap.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 8:37:33 PM EDT
[#2]
The War On Drugs Un-winable
View Quote

Any high school kid who can get an ounce of pot for less than a keg of beer could tell you that.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 8:45:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Libertarians know this.  How can you win the war on drugs when your own family probably has at least one drug user in it?   You can't reasonably declare war on your own friends and family.

The only beneficiaries of this war on drugs are those who gain employment by fighting it, and those who provide the goods and services that keep it going.

Legalize it, regulate it, and tax it.  Take the money saved and open treatment clinics.   With the new competition, drug dealers will evaporate since they can't make a great living at it anymore, and with no huge profit potential remaining, it won't be worth shooting people over it anymore, either.   The gang wars and drug shootings would disappear overnight.

Drug use is a personal and civil issue, anyway.
It shouldn't be a legal issue.   Look at what prohibition did.

CJ

Link Posted: 2/15/2002 2:06:27 AM EDT
[#4]
We gotta do something different. What we are doing now ain't working. And will never work, just like prohibition. Unless we plan on invading every country south of the border, at a huge cost of life and limb,  decriminalization looks like the only way out. Not to mention being much cheaper and all that money stays in the US. The same druggies will be using either way, at least the money stays here. I want to see those cocaine cartels die  a fast economic death, and forced to go back to picking coffee beans.

The part I hate the most is all the fixed mandatory prison sentences for all the non-violent pot-heads and Ecstasy kids. Every druggie that goes in, pushes a rapist, child molester or murderer out the other side. I'm not talking about dealers, just users. It's the most moronic form of "in"justice there is. I can't believe that we actually have more people in prison that China. Thanks to the drug war.

When you wage war, you have conclude that there will be lots of innocent casualties just like in all wars. People don't realize that a war on drugs is actually a war on us, the people. Not some inanimate powder or chemical. All the drive by shootings, crack head/heroin related theft and mob hits are all part of this war on drugs. Driven by the billions of dollars made from their illegal business ventures.

How many people commit drive by shootings and or murders trying to protect their liquor store turf?
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 2:09:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The War On Drugs Un-winable
View Quote

Any high school kid who can get an ounce of pot for less than a keg of beer could tell you that.
View Quote

Either the beer's expensive or pot is cheap in Virginia.

In my neck of the woods, an ounce of pot is $320.  That's more than gold.  Why?  Drug prohibition.

But because no one checks your ID, it is much easier for kids to score dope than beer.  Maybe that's not a bad thing, but it isn't doing much to deter kids from using dope.  Which I assume is the point of drug prohibition.  You can get dope in prision if you want it. How can you keep it off the streets?  It's absurd.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 2:16:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How many people commit drive by shootings and or murders trying to protect their liquor store turf?
View Quote

How many people do you see in the gutter with a joint in their hand?
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 2:29:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Liberation Day, Saturday May 04, 2002

[url]www.cures-not-wars.org/[/url]

Truth Will Liberate Earth.

^
[size=1]Allege handgun control master plan for TOTAL
Gun Confiscation Dis-Armament.[/size=1][url]www.RKBA.org/antis/hci-master[/url]
[size=1]Revelation 13:18  ID-GPS-MONEY  Implant
Micro-chip[/size=1][url]http://www.DigitalAngel.net/da/tech.htm[/url]  

[size=1]Never Again, Never Forget
Seek the Truth , Liberate Your Mind
We Are At WAR[/size=1]

FIXED BAYONETS

VX
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 5:39:37 AM EDT
[#8]
The "War on Drugs" cannot and will not ever be won while we still have some vestige of civil rights.  Meanwhile, it is costing billions.  It also is giving a lot of people jobs (cops, corrections staff, judges, lawyers, hazmat, etc.).

But, while some drugs could and should be legalized, have you ever seen some of the stupid stuff people do while on meth?  STUPID.  Meth is very bad stuff.  And these people don't only affect themselves, they screw up everyone around them.  OTOH if it were legalized, we wouldn't have toxic chemical dumps out in the middle of nowhere and probably no more people would do it than do it now.

The point of this post I guess is that there are no easy answers.  But you already knew that . . .
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 6:06:58 AM EDT
[#9]
The guy has it exactly right.  Prohibition of alcohol was a failure just as it is with drugs.  Prohibition gave rise to the mob in America as the drug laws have done with similar groups.  It just isn't worth the murder, robbery, corruption, wasted tax money and loss of civil liberties to fight this losing battle!
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 6:37:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Has anyone ever considered the possibility that the "War on Drugs" continues because both Law Enforcement and the Cartels benefit from it?

The LEO's get budgets and power. The Cartels keep the price up really high, so that no matter what they lose to the LEO's, they still have insanely high profit margins.

Why would the powerbrokers on either side of the war want it to end?
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 9:08:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Law enforcement may receive extra funds to fight the "war on drugs", but do they actually benefit from the fight?  I don't think so.  Crime, in general, helps create legislation which give monies and "power" to "fight" crime on paper.  But in reality, if those funds and power were allowed to be used, do you think that we'd have the problems that we have??  I'd love to say that I believe in the pursuit of happiness for everyone, but when it infringes on the rights of others??  
Has anyone seen the effects of someone that OD's on Ecstacy or GHB?  Working weekends at a club, I see it on a consistent basis.  Do we just let those jackasses fry, walk into traffic, grab onto other citizens or just plain fall(cracking their head or through a window)?
No more babysitting?  
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 9:46:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
In my neck of the woods, an ounce of pot is $320.  That's more than gold.  Why?  Drug prohibition.
View Quote

Oh there is plenty of cheap pot going around too. The stuff that comes from mexico goes for $40-60 an ounce in Texas. The high priced pot like you mention is of much higher quality and is grown domestically in the US.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 9:53:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Law enforcement may receive extra funds to fight the "war on drugs", but do they actually benefit from the fight?  I don't think so.  Crime, in general, helps create legislation which give monies and "power" to "fight" crime on paper.  But in reality, if those funds and power were allowed to be used, do you think that we'd have the problems that we have??  I'd love to say that I believe in the pursuit of happiness for everyone, but when it infringes on the rights of others??  
Has anyone seen the effects of someone that OD's on Ecstacy or GHB?  Working weekends at a club, I see it on a consistent basis.  Do we just let those jackasses fry, walk into traffic, grab onto other citizens or just plain fall(cracking their head or through a window)?
No more babysitting?  
View Quote

Law enforcement benefits very much from the war on the drugs. Ever heard of property forfeiture? Houses, cars, boats, whatever of value can be taken from you because of a drug bust. It has turned into a major source of income for many departments all over the country. Many counties even give a percent of that to the arresting officers, which in my opinion just opens the door for even more corruption. When cops are working on "commission" basis what you think will happen?
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 10:03:49 AM EDT
[#14]
I knew a older couple that had about 4 houses
in the country that the rented out.Living in one
was a dope familiy and they were growing weed
out in the woods behind the house,the owner knew
nothing about it,well sheriff comes and arrests
the family AND takes the property.Of course the
county was nice enough not to public auction it
until the ex-owner was given the opportunity to
rebuy it for only $90K.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 10:11:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Every time I post the same thing.

No country of which I am aware - including the former Soviet Union and Nazi Germany - has ever successfully stopped a black market in anything.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 10:16:44 AM EDT
[#16]
This shit really pisses me off, on tuesday 2/12/02 the DEA raided and closed many cannabis clubs in California. I have lost all faith in Bush and his buddies in office. I will never vote republican again, gun laws be damned. The people of California have spoken and they want medical marijuana available to the sick and dying. Now they are back on the street trying to score their medicine from the black market. Great job Bush, freaking drunk, ex coke-head don't want people smoking pot, even if it is the best medicine for them. I wish a taliban would fly a plane up his hypocritical ass.
I also wish some of these dying aids and cancer patients would fight back and not roll over for these DEA swat teams. Would be funny as hell to hear a DEA raiding team got their ass handed to them by a bunch of dying patients armed to the teeth and not willing to take any more crap.
I know my ideas and feelings are far too radical for most of you but this shit has got to stop.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 10:36:40 AM EDT
[#17]
I think some of you guys are missing the bigger picture here......by having a "war" on drugs it just gives the government one more reason to kick in someone's door for nothing more than suspicion. By making people fearful and so-called "criminals" a society is much more easily controlled........
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 10:42:54 AM EDT
[#18]
I've been saying this for 15 years and my Dad has been saying it since all the anti-drug bullshit began back in the late 60s, early 70s.  The problem is that government at all levels is addicted to the money that prohibition brings them--federal grants, military toys, seizures, etc.  It's also an easy political platform that plays to the masses even though everyone knows it is bullshit through and through.

I long for the day that drug prohibition ends, not because I want to go out and get some crack or heroin but becuase my personal freedom will be less under attack.  The way we're going right now, we'll be just like the USSR in five more years.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 10:47:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

How many people do you see in the gutter with a joint in their hand?
View Quote

Very few.  Crack pipe is a litte different.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 10:52:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

It's cheaper, a lot cheaper.  Of course, it doesn't hurt that I live in the Valley and actually know people who grow the shit.  I've seen laurel thickets filled with pot plants in the woods.  It's kind of comical really.

Around here high-end hydroponic marijuana costs about $175-$200 an ounce.  Cheap, cheap.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 10:54:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 11:13:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

It's cheaper, a lot cheaper.  Of course, it doesn't hurt that I live in the Valley and actually know people who grow the shit.  I've seen laurel thickets filled with pot plants in the woods.  It's kind of comical really.

Around here high-end hydroponic marijuana costs about $175-$200 an ounce.  Cheap, cheap.
View Quote

Where are do you live in VA....you sound local
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 11:41:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top