Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2001 8:32:58 AM EDT
On Saturday night a barge hit a bridge and caused it to collapse on South Padre Island here in Texas.  My wife just found out that her best friend, Stvan Rivas, was among one of the two confirmed dead.  He was a nice guy and had just moved down to the valley to get out on his own and make a start for himself.

I think the last time I talked to him was a few months ago when we found out he had moved.  My wife had just tried to talk to him last week and didn't get in touch with him.  She's taking it really bad, and I can't make it home until mid-afternoon.  This royally sucks.

If you could, please say a prayer for him and his family.  They need it.

[url]http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.hts/metropolitan/1050743[/url]

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 8:41:35 AM EDT
[#1]
You got it.  There's already been plenty of praying this week, so one more won't hurt.  The best thing you can do is support your wife in her time of lost friendship.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 8:48:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 9:49:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Done.  My condolences to you and Mrs. GodBlessTexas.  You'll both be in my thoughts.

Sincerely,
Chimborazo
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 10:11:35 AM EDT
[#4]
My condolences to you and your wife on your loss.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 10:12:40 AM EDT
[#5]
How unfortunate.  My condolences.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 10:17:34 AM EDT
[#6]
My condolances to you and your wife, also to  Mr. Rivas' family members.  I saw this on the news, sad event.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top