Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2001 2:01:09 PM EDT
Gee, he always seemed to be the responsible type.  Definately someone I'd want to watch my kids.

Boy drowns at musician Tommy Lee's home

MALIBU, California (AP) -- A 4-year-old boy drowned while at a birthday party at the home of rock musician Tommy Lee.

The boy was one of several children attending the party on Saturday at the former Motley Crue drummer's Malibu home, said Los Angeles Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Brenda Cambra.

"[b]The children were swimming in the pool when the victim was found floating face down in the shallow end[/b]" she said.

Two adults pulled him from the water and began CPR and Lee called 911. Paramedics transported the boy to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Cambra, who said the child was not Lee's son, said authorities were investigating it as an accidental drowning. Police did not release the name of the child.

Link Posted: 6/17/2001 2:07:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Let's not jump to conclusions.  Just because he's an alcoholic, heroin addict and wife beater doesn't make him the kind of guy who'd lay on his pool chair in a stupor while a little boy drowned to death.
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 2:15:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Tommy is however, a gun owner.
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 2:19:51 PM EDT
[#3]
... and we know a gun owner can't be an a-hole. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 2:39:27 PM EDT
[#4]
we need to ban those deadly assualt swimming pools
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 2:50:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Let's not jump to conclusions.  Just because he's an alcoholic, heroin addict and wife beater doesn't make him the kind of guy who'd lay on his pool chair in a stupor while a little boy drowned to death.
View Quote

That is just too funny.  

My guess is 'ol Tommy and crew were too busy "entertaining" the strippers they hired for the kids, to properly supervise the swimming children.
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 3:16:40 PM EDT
[#6]
A child can drown at anyones house!
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 3:33:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 4:28:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, it seems to be a growing problem here in Az.[:(]

Or maybe it's the fault of the parents [BD]
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 4:42:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
... and we know a gun owner can't be an a-hole. [;)]
View Quote

Yeah.. Just look at HANGFIRE !   [kill]
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 5:00:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A child can drown at anyones house!
View Quote

Or anywhere, and in the flash of an instant- our daughter, two years old at the time, jumped into a pool, unbeknownst to us while we were unpacking at at a campground in NH last year. We couldn't have had our attention diverted for more than a minute, when we realised our daughter was gone. We then saw our daughter going under in the deep end of the pool (We didn't even know the place had a pool- it was behind a building.) My wife was closest and jumped in, shoes, clothes and all, to save her- another five seconds or so, our daughter would have been dead. Our daughter had no idea what was happening.

It can happen to anyone.

Link Posted: 6/17/2001 5:01:34 PM EDT
[#11]
BTW if Tommy Lee has had so many legal problems w/ drugs- hasn't he spent time in the slammer for one reason or another, incl. a restraining order from his wife?- then how can he legally own guns?
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 5:05:54 PM EDT
[#12]
When my son was 2 years old, my wife and I were at my sister's for a pool party. Stupid ole ME, wondered off doing something else, my little son fell in the pool.  I was VERY fortunate that one of my in-laws relatives saw him fall in and pulled him out.  I felt so bad.  Like guns, when you are around a swimming pool with little ones, you can't be too careful.  Man have I learned my lesson.
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 5:12:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, it seems to be a growing problem here in Az.[:(]

Or maybe it's the fault of the parents [BD]
View Quote

Damn hydrogen dioxide containers.
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 9:21:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I simply don't give a rat's ass if it was "Tommy Lee"... shit like this can and  does happen to a lot of people. Learn from it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 9:41:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Just goes to show that you cannot turn your back on little children for an instant. I wonder why he didn't have one of those little waist high fences around the pool?
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 9:50:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 9:59:07 PM EDT
[#17]
My 24 year old daugher saved a small child in an apartment swimming pool. The mother had turned her back for only a minute or so. Needless to say it scared the hell out of the young mother. Good thing my daugher was there at the time. She had to jump in fully clothed. She said if it had been a few more seconds it would have been to late. Never take your eyes off small children even for an instant, always know where they are.
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 9:59:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
BTW if Tommy Lee has had so many legal problems w/ drugs- hasn't he spent time in the slammer for one reason or another, incl. a restraining order from his wife?- then how can he legally own guns?
View Quote

That was my question
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top