Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/27/2004 7:29:30 PM EST
I don't belive in it, I think its an easy way out.

I feel we should feed them bread water and give them a viatmin. Than put them to work for 18 hours a day hard labor than throw them back in a box with only a toilet and faucet. Nothing to read no bed no sheets.

Keep the jail at room temp no one gets cold or hot if you do oh well.

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:31:49 PM EST

Originally Posted By olyarms:
I don't belive in it, I think its an easy way out.

I feel we should feed them bread water and give them a viatmin. Than put them to work for 18 hours a day hard labor than throw them back in a box with only a toilet and faucet. Nothing to read no bed no sheets.

Keep the jail at room temp no one gets cold or hot if you do oh well.

National election in 6 days. Lunar eclipse. Red Sox win the world series. Arafat is croaking. Breaking news that Russians helped move the major stuff from Iraq on the eve of GW2.
And YOU randomly post one of the Top 10 topics.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:37:40 PM EST
If I was up for murder I would want death, kill me get it over.

Considering I rpobaly would have done the job to myself before they got me anyway. If not I dont mind letting the state kill me, get it over with.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:39:19 PM EST
Well, if George Washington and our founding fathers thought hanging people got the job done, than by golly, it's good enough for me. It's supposed to be a deterrent. The problem is, they don't use it enough.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:42:35 PM EST

Originally Posted By A2sights:
Well, if George Washington and our founding fathers thought hanging people got the job done, than by golly, it's good enough for me. It's supposed to be a deterrent. The problem is, they don't use it enough.

Its a week punishment. Think about it death, or sitting in a 6x6 cell for the rest of your life and working long days with no reward and food with no taste.

What sounds easier?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:45:39 PM EST

Its a week punishment. Think about it death, or sitting in a 6x6 cell for the rest of your life and working long days with no reward and food with no taste.

What sounds easier?

good point, except that, this never happens, you know it, I know it. These prisoners have it like a country club these days. They have everything you and I have except can't leave the building. Prison should be like hell.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:47:43 PM EST

What sounds easier?

Expect the same people who call the Death penalty Cruel, to call that cruel too
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:49:34 PM EST

Originally Posted By Taxman:

What sounds easier?

Expect the same people who call the Death penalty Cruel, to call that cruel too

I could care less lol, I don't think the death penalty is cruel I think it is an easy way out. It has no purpose, Kill some one I love I want you to live a horrible life and want to die every day but with no means to do so.

That would bring closure to my life. Better yet if I could visit the guy and eat food in front of him and so on.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:50:09 PM EST

Originally Posted By Taxman:
If I was up for murder I would want death, kill me get it over.

Considering I rpobaly would have done the job to myself before they got me anyway. If not I dont mind letting the state kill me, get it over with.

+1 I would go nuts in prison...just kill me...
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:51:07 PM EST
Too many innocent people get friend. That's my beef with it. I also think killing should be a thing of last resort - if no one else life is in danger b/c this guy is sitting in jail, whats the point? Its already been shown that the death penalty does not deter criminals. I dunno, Im on the fence. If it were perfect, Id say alright, but it aint, so I got my doubts
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:59:54 PM EST
[rant]

Life in prison is a joke. Free cable, free food, free gym, free school, free bed and roof. Get it over and kill the fuckers. Quit using my tax dollars to support the pieces of shit and put it towards schools since everyone is always complaining about their lack of funding. While you're at it, add child molesters to the eligibility list. This rehabilitation shit is retarded. Cook those sick sons of bitches also. And enough with the humane death shit. They weren't thinking about that when they committed their crimes. Whatever is cheapest. A rock, a rope, and the ocean is damn cheap and fine by me.

[/rant]

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:29:36 PM EST

Originally Posted By painrx:
[rant]

Life in prison is a joke. Free cable, free food, free gym, free school, free bed and roof. Get it over and kill the fuckers. Quit using my tax dollars to support the pieces of shit and put it towards schools since everyone is always complaining about their lack of funding. While you're at it, add child molesters to the eligibility list. This rehabilitation shit is retarded. Cook those sick sons of bitches also. And enough with the humane death shit. They weren't thinking about that when they committed their crimes. Whatever is cheapest. A rock, a rope, and the ocean is damn cheap and fine by me.

[/rant]

My point is they would be giving a + instead of a negatic to society. They would put out more than they took in. I feel we should do the same with lifers. I don't think our current prison is worth a shit. A crack head who is only guilty of doing crack shouldn't be in jail for 5 years he should be in a hospital for a month or two etc etc
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:36:19 PM EST
I'm all for it

The process needs to be speeded up a little
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:50:48 PM EST

Originally Posted By painrx:
[rant]

[/rant]

hr

Good start, it would be a deterent if they would get rid of the savages in a time frame under a month, a good ole fashion public execution would work and televise it for all thier 'homies' to watch what happens to thier 'hommie'. It actually might work that way.

Oh yea..., shoot the lawyer defending the scum-bag also. There are too many of them already.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:54:15 PM EST
I'd rather my tax money go to buying a good rope then supporting some murdering asshole for 50 years.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:33:59 PM EST

Originally Posted By _Ugly_:
I'd rather my tax money go to buying a good rope then supporting some murdering asshole for 50 years.

you wouldn't support him, your missing my point. He would work for the rest of his life 18 hours a day, 6 hours is all the sleep any one needs.

He wouldn't even have a bed. He would have a toilet and that is all and a 6x6 room that is kept room temp.

He would give, he wouldn't take from scoiety. They would work at our land fills etc. Doing the worst jobs society has but ones that need to be done.

Can you tell me a worst way to live ? I would rather be dead then have bread and watter 3 times a day live in a 6x6 kennel and work all day long.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:37:28 PM EST
The sleeping man has awakened!

(I was in fact missing your point).
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:41:37 PM EST
Many people talking out of their asses in this thread. Prison sucks and it's no country club. There's no free this or that - that's a lot of hype. And many people have been released from death row due to dna testing. Wasn't it Thomas Jefferson who said it is better to let 100 guilty men go free than to convict 1 innocent man?

You all have a "witch hunt" mentality. That's not safe or sane.

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:42:30 PM EST
I BELIEVE YOU OLYARMS............this country has lots of work that needs to be done for the cost of nothing....and the criminals need to be the ones to do it for nothing........High crime affenders like wealthy criminals need to be killed(torchured first-then killed) and like serial killers/rapest need to be dealth with in the same manner....all others need to be put to work for the rest of their lives--no probations/family visits/no anykind of outside contact
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:45:47 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/27/2004 9:48:28 PM EST by m98codered]
AND WE WONDER WHY THE CRIME RATES JUST GO UP AND UP AND UP........and still the AWB/kalibunia ban did crap to lower it.

in other countries like china---you is guilty until proven innocent.......so basically I'd think twice about killing someone in a country like this unless I plan to do a suicide.

this country is basically TOO gentle on crimes to a certain point
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:47:26 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/27/2004 9:49:11 PM EST by Voldermortist]
that is one my liberal views. when people ask me what political denomination I am, I always say independent. because I am half and half so long as my constitutional rights are protected at all costs.

I don't believe in the death penalty but in the most EXTREME of cases. I think the death penalty is used way too freely and is a very insidious means of punishment. Let me put it this way, if I was a judge and saw a guy who was on death row who was scared out of his mind because of his execution and pleaded with me for mercy and, as far as I could tell, was truly sorry for what he did, then I'd grant him permanent stay and let him serve out life in prison. Reason for this? because I would expect the same kind of mercy. Do unto others. I feel that the death penalty is, for the most part, nothing more than systematic revenge instigated by a so-called "legal" system. Just because it's "legal" doesn't make it right. I feel very strongly about this issue. It's an upsetting issue for me.

EDITED: the death penalty also has a TON of hypocracy in it. If there is one thing I try hard to avoid being, it's a hypocrit. It's going out telling criminals murder is wrong, then taking said criminal who committed murder and murdering him too. It's stupid to a point. Now for things such as treason during time of war or certain murder cases like that guy here in houston who raped the 8 month old baby and murdered it, then thought he could take it to the emergency room, I'd say death penalty.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:48:30 PM EST

Originally Posted By m98codered:
AND WE WONDER WHY THE CRIME RATES JUST GO UP AND UP AND UP........and still the AWB/kalibunia ban did crap to lower it.

More guns, less crime. It's quite simple.

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:50:31 PM EST

Originally Posted By Voldermortist:
that is one my liberal views. when people ask me what political denomination I am, I always say independent. because I am half and half so long as my constitutional rights are protected at all costs.

I don't believe in the death penalty but in the most EXTREME of cases. I think the death penalty is used way too freely and is a very insidious means of punishment. Let me put it this way, if I was a judge and saw a guy who was on death row who was scared out of his mind because of his execution and pleaded with me for mercy and, as far as I could tell, was truly sorry for what he did, then I'd grant him permanent stay and let him serve out life in prison. Reason for this? because I would expect the same kind of mercy. Do unto others. I feel that the death penalty is, for the most part, nothing more than systematic revenge instigated by a so-called "legal" system. Just because it's "legal" doesn't make it right. I feel very strongly about this issue. It's an upsetting issue for me.

EDITED: the death penalty also has a TON of hypocracy in it. If there is one thing I try hard to avoid being, it's a hypocrit. It's going out telling criminals murder is wrong, then taking said criminal who committed murder and murdering him too. It's stupid to a point. Now for things such as treason during time of war or certain murder cases like that guy here in houston who raped the 8 month old baby and murdered it, then thought he could take it to the emergency room, I'd say death penalty.

+1

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:53:11 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/27/2004 9:53:43 PM EST by m98codered]

Originally Posted By Sin_Bin:

Originally Posted By m98codered:

More guns, less crime. It's quite simple.

and the right for every law abiding citizen in all states to carry a ccw every&anywhere he/she goes

JUST LIKE IN THE COWBOY DAYS
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:04:08 PM EST

Many people talking out of their asses in this thread. Prison sucks and it's no country club. There's no free this or that - that's a lot of hype. And many people have been released from death row due to dna testing. Wasn't it Thomas Jefferson who said it is better to let 100 guilty men go free than to convict 1 innocent man?

Were is my witch hunt? My way is the safest, if we find out your not guilty your free not dead plus we will pay you for your hard work etc.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:31:40 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:20:39 PM EST

Were is my witch hunt? My way is the safest, if we find out your not guilty your free not dead plus we will pay you for your hard work etc.

I will just assume you are intoxicated.

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:51:15 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/28/2004 12:51:38 AM EST by MuRDoC]

Originally Posted By rayra:

National election in 6 days. Lunar eclipse. Red Sox win the world series. Arafat is croaking. Breaking news that Russians helped move the major stuff from Iraq on the eve of GW2.
And YOU randomly post one of the Top 10 topics.

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:19:44 AM EST
If the convicted people were released from death row because of DNA testing, I would say that the system is working since they weren't executed.

And what the hell is this stuff about the death PENALTY not affecting other people ? It's not called CAPITAL DETERRENCE !

I know it costs more to execute a criminal than it does to feed and house one for 30+ years but I would still execute them because I don't want some "progressive" court to release them at a later date.

Rip
Top Top