Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2016 11:54:25 AM EDT

Laptop screen is doing this. Whole screen has shifted left about an inch and there is a split or dead space in the center of the screen where stuff just disappears and there are two blue boxes that act like separate monitors
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:57:41 AM EDT
Try an external monitor. If same then bad video card. If fine then bad LCD.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:01:36 PM EDT
He ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ said it perfect!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:12:19 PM EDT

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Yarael:

Try an external monitor. If same then bad video card. If fine then bad LCD.
View Quote
Yup.

Could try video card drivers (or uninstall the most recent one, didn't get one off "Windows Update" did you?)

Also try removing battery and power and cold booting with cord power only.

Probably time of a new laptop though, usually that stuff is bad addressing in the video card or memory in video card.

I haven't seen it that bad or complicated, but video output is the culprit, not Windows 7.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:13:10 PM EDT
Microsoft says upgrade to Win10 to fix your problem.  Just called them for you .
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:13:23 PM EDT
It could be the 87 tabs you have open...
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:25:03 PM EDT
Well I think I may have fixed it. When I moved the lid it started flickering(wasn't doing this a few minutes ago), so I figured bad connection and took the bezel off and screen out and gave the connection a little push back into the socket. I guess I'll see how long it holds up
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:50:58 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gunhand1:
Well I think I may have fixed it. When I moved the lid it started flickering(wasn't doing this a few minutes ago), so I figured bad connection and took the bezel off and screen out and gave the connection a little push back into the socket. I guess I'll see how long it holds up
View Quote

Well there you go. Issue was with a component of the LCD.
Top Top