Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2001 10:03:07 AM EDT
It has been six months since I left for college. I'm sorry I haven't written more often and I'm very sorry for my unthoughtfulness. I'm sure you have been worried about me. Let me bring you up to date, but before you read on please sit down, OK Don't read any further until you're sitting down. OK? Good.
I am getting along pretty well now. The skull fracture and the concussion I got from jumping out  of the window of my dormitory when it caught on fire several months ago, are pretty much healed now. I only spent two weeks in the hospital. Mom always said the girls in our family heal fast. In fact, I can almost see normally again and I only get headaches three times a day now.
Fortunately, the fire and my jump were witnessed by a gas station attendant who called 911. He's so sweet and even visited me in the hospital. Since I had nowhere to live because of the burnt out dorm he invited me to move into his apartment. It's really his parents basement fixed up but it's kinda cute. He is a really good person and we have fallen deeply in love and are planning to get married. We haven't set a date yet but I'm sure it will be before I start to show.
That's right, Mom and Dad, I'm pregnant! I know how much you are both looking forward to being Grandparents, and I know you will give this baby the same love, attention, devotion and care that I got as a baby. We would get married now but we both failed our premarital blood tests due to a minor infection. He had told me about it before hand but dumb me, I caught it anyway. Not to worry the doctor said the daily penicillin injections should clear it up in a month.
I know you will welcome him to the family with open arms. He is so kind, and although not well educated, he is ambitious - just like Dad. Also he is of a different race and religion than ours but I know after all you years of teaching me tolerance, that you won't mind the fact that he is a little darker than us. I'm sure you will love him as I do. His family background is good too! I am told his father is an important gun bearer in his native African village. That is an important governemnt position where he comes from.
Well, I guess that is all! Now you know why I wanted you to sit down. Now that you are adjusting let me say - there was no dorm fire, I didn't suffer a concussion or skull fracture, I wasn't in the hospital, I'm not pregnant, I'm not engaged, I don't have syphilis and there is no boyfriend of a different race or religion. However, I DID vote for Gov. Bush and I just wanted you both to see this in it's proper perspective.

Your loving daughter,

Chelsea

P.S. Stanford is great..I love it but miss you both and Socks too.

P.S.S. Dad, please give my best to Monica and the others.
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 10:08:45 AM EDT
[#1]
:D:DBwaaahhhaaa:D:D

hey  were  is  the  Steyr AUG  site  at?
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 10:10:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats rich.
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 10:12:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Still in progress but www.steyraug.com I can't wait. BTW I posted the above on www.democraticunderground.com and it lasted about four seconds, real freedom of speech and press kinda people. For fun everyone register there, copy/paste the above and post it everywhere. Maybe a few of them might actually see it. And if a discussion gets started they just might leave it up, they have about four posts on poor Chelsea and mean Republicans.
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 10:15:49 AM EDT
[#4]
What  kind  of  AUG  do  you  have?I  am  thinking  about  getting  a   USR.I  found  one  for  $2500 isn't  that  a  little  high  for  a  postban  rifle?
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 10:23:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What  kind  of  AUG  do  you  have?I  am  thinking  about  getting  a   USR.I  found  one  for  $2500 isn't  that  a  little  high  for  a  postban  rifle?
View Quote

If you can afford the extra cash, try and find a preban in excellent condition for $3,300.00 or so, it has been done before. If not the USR is an OK substitute, at least it is not a B.S. substandard clone made by some knockoff company. I personally hate that dumbass thumbhole stock but what can you do. I have seen preban stocks on USRs and they do look fine, flash hiders aren't a big deal to me, but I'm sure it ain't legal so don't get caught. In addition I think the barrel on a USR changes like an AUG so preban barrels might slide right in. But his is definitly illegal and not worth the risk to gain a flashhider. BTW I think the USR is a postban 98 import law but a preban 94 assault weapon ban. I'm not sure as both my AUGs are the pre'89 evil rifles that George Bush Sr. didn't like. Hope this helps. When the AUG site is up and running that will be the best info source.
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 10:28:49 AM EDT
[#6]
How  many  rounds  would  you  say  have  been  put  through  your  most  "well  used"AUG?I   am  right  on  the  verge  of  getting  one  and  I  wonder  why  GSI  says  you  should  buy  the  spare  parts  kit  ASAP?
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 11:08:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How  many  rounds  would  you  say  have  been  put  through  your  most  "well  used"AUG?I   am  right  on  the  verge  of  getting  one  and  I  wonder  why  GSI  says  you  should  buy  the  spare  parts  kit  ASAP?
View Quote

Easily 10K, AUGs are pretty robust and take some shit, even with the pricy optics. However spare parts is not always a bad idea. When you do need them, they will be gone. Try getting parts for some WWII subguns and you will know what I'm talking about. Remember the US was the primary AUG market and we haven't allowed them in since '89. As a result parts production was probably scaled back and maybe even discontinued. Like the AUG itself, parts will only be more expensive later. In addition, heavy use by a knowledgable owner is not nearly as destructive as breif ownership and limited use by a complete moron.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top