Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2017 9:40:35 AM EDT
A eBay seller is running these very good basic full-tang carbon steel knives with a quality leather sheath for $27.95 shipped. It's as cheap as I have ever seen them. Condor makes good knives though don't expect to shave with it out of the box. Most Condors I've had needed minor sharpening.

If you want a full-tang basic fixed blade you can't go wrong at that price. If you don't care for the up-sweep of the tip the seller has the full line of Condors. I just happen to prefer the tip shape and have a couple of larger Moras like that.

condor

Link Posted: 2/13/2017 9:50:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Condor Rodan that is an awesome knife.  I would not hesitate to buy another Condor knife.  They are great knives for the price.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 9:58:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a Condor Rodan that is an awesome knife.  I would not hesitate to buy another Condor knife.  They are great knives for the price.
View Quote

I have a few of their machetes and they are top-notch. The one thing they do very well in SA is utilitarian blades. The fixed blade sheath knives remind me a bit of the old Green River line of knives. Basic and affordable.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 4:43:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd move the point a little down into more of a spear point but I understand they are good steel.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 4:44:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Where are they made?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 4:47:24 PM EDT
[#5]
My son bought a double headed short axe from Condor at the blade show. It is hair splitting sharp and chops like a much larger axe.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 4:50:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool knife. Only $5 on Amazon. Rather go through them.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 4:53:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Condor makes good stuff for the price point.

If you like Condor knives & tools I'd grab them up now, as I have heard from a seller Condor is going to MAP pricing very soon.  Apparently they're going to follow the Benchmade business plan.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 4:56:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I prefer Mora when it comes to inexpensive camp/hunt knife.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 4:57:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I prefer Mora when it comes to inexpensive camp/hunt knife.
View Quote

For a basic 3" to 4" field knife, I agree.  But Condor makes all sorts of edged tools, far greater variety than Mora.  So in true Arfcom fashion, get both.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 5:11:26 PM EDT
[#10]
What's a Mora in similar category go for ?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 9:50:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What's a Mora in similar category go for ?
View Quote

Mora 2000....$35-$40 before shipping.

It's a great knife (I have one) but there is just something about a simple wooden-handled fixed blade in a nice leather sheath that appeals to me.

I've about had my fill of plastics.

Link Posted: 2/17/2017 7:23:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I got the Condor in today and I must say I'm impressed.

It came nicely boxed.

Attachment Attached File

It had a oil coating on it.

Attachment Attached File

The oiled leather sheath is really nice and to my surprise it was of a pleasant ox blood color instead of black like I thought it would be.

Attachment Attached File

The scandi edge was pretty good but a few minutes on a stone had it shaving sharp.

I removed the oil on the scales with DA and 0000 steel wool then put a melted in coat of SnowSeal on them and while I was about it put some SnowSeal into the threads and on the sheath.

SnowSeal is great on such things as it's always a matte finish that seals when applied with heat to leather and oiled wood.

Here it is shown with a S&W M&P for scale.

Attachment Attached File

Money well spent.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 7:43:47 PM EDT
[#13]
That handle looks like something my dog pushed out of his ass.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 7:50:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks good for $27.00.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:28:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

It will come out of your dog's ass quicker what with the SnowSeal on it.

If you want something with exotic wood order you one of those "why pay less" knives.

Meh, the scales look just fine to me for a $27.00 knife.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:37:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top