Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2018 1:49:05 AM EDT
B&H Daily deal.  22 hours 10 minutes as of this post.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/dealZone.jsp

Link Posted: 8/20/2018 4:20:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Dang you. I’ll be kicking myself for not jumping on this

Damn priorities.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 9:51:38 AM EDT
[#2]
OK, advise requested.
I'm looking for a "super zoom" mainly for use at my son's lacrosse.
I've been debating about the Nikon 200-500 and the Sigma offerings; contemporary or sport 150-600...
The above deal seems almost to good to pass up the contemporary.  I currently use my 70-200 2.8 and would like just a little more reach.
Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 10:08:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OK, advise requested.
I'm looking for a "super zoom" mainly for use at my son's lacrosse.
I've been debating about the Nikon 200-500 and the Sigma offerings; contemporary or sport 150-600...
The above deal seems almost to good to pass up the contemporary.  I currently use my 70-200 2.8 and would like just a little more reach.
Any thoughts?
Thanks!
View Quote
The Sigma has a longer zoom, but the Nikon is a fixed f/5.6 and better optically, so while it isn’t as long, it’ll be sharper and faster tracking with AF.  Mind you, that’s my opinion on it, not a stated fact.

The 200-500mm f/5.6 is on sale (refurb) through close of business from Nikon for $1150 I think.  So it’s really a ‘is the $400 difference worth it’ thing.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 11:00:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The Sigma has a longer zoom, but the Nikon is a fixed f/5.6 and better optically, so while it isn’t as long, it’ll be sharper and faster tracking with AF.  Mind you, that’s my opinion on it, not a stated fact.

The 200-500mm f/5.6 is on sale (refurb) through close of business from Nikon for $1150 I think.  So it’s really a ‘is the $400 difference worth it’ thing.
View Quote
Abe's has it now for $1079. Although I'm not sure if they're g2g or not. That's what i have been planning on picking up too.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 6:38:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn that is one that is on my list, but I need to be responsible
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 12:03:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 1:41:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's not a real dealer, that's a bait and switch scam outfit trying to use the name of a previously reputable dealer that went out of business.
View Quote
Good to know. I wasn't going to buy from them regardless. I try and support my lcs 98% of the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top