Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/10/2006 6:07:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:10:24 PM EDT
I've only seen season 1 but my favorite character is Swerengen (SP?)
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:42:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/10/2006 6:44:09 PM EDT by zeekh]
I'm a Deadwood fan also. I don't have HBO or whatever premium channel its on so I have to wait for the DVD to come out. As a matter of fact I came to the movie forum to specifiaclly ask if anyone knew when the dvd would come out. I'm pumped
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:54:43 PM EDT
Swearnigen has really grown on me. I thought the swearing was just really gratuitous but now I find it endearing. Weird as that may be. The statehood meetings were funny as hell.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:02:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:39:39 PM EDT
Deadwood is an amazing show. Every Sunday after I watch another crappy Sopranos I think about how much I am looking forward to the next season of Deadwood. I think Hearst will be a cool addition to this season.

When I was 17, I went to deadwood and drank a Sarsparilla in the very spot Wild Bill was gunned down.

I like Woo the best, chasing dudes through the streets ninja style with a cleaver.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:51:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/11/2006 12:39:14 AM EDT by Rakky]
Have to wait till June 11

ETA
Sopranos is pussy shit compared to Deadwood. Media.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:27:12 PM EDT
I just had an HD DVR installed today.

I am looking forward to seeing Deadwood in true HD for the first time later this week, hopefully I'll be able to record the whole second season between now and June.

Swearingen is the man.

I like how deep the characters are, the way they force you to identify with them, all of them, and it makes you just a bit uncomfortable sometimes, recognizing something of yourself in such men.

Except of course for Cy, with whom any identification is a sign of psycopathy, evil cocksucker that he is.

I never found the language gratuitous, just authentic. These people weren't in the glee club.

I like the authenticity, the fact that these people lived and many of the events happened, that these characters were influential men, Bullock for instance was a close friend of Teddy Roosevelt later in life.

Of course it's fictionalized but still, it's brilliant.
Top Top