Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2007 6:17:01 AM EDT
They are both tearing the gun control crowd a new one. It's pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:44:28 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
They are both tearing the gun control crowd a new one. It's pretty awesome.

DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!11

stuck at work and no way to listen.  Last night Glen made it a point several times to say guns are not to blame here.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:46:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:59:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I think that some things have to be stressed.

1.  This isn't the worse school killing.  The worse school killing was the bombing of a school house in Bath, Michigan, back in 1927 that killed 45 people mostly young children and injured 58.

2.  The terrorist on 9/11 didn't have a single firearm between them and they killed 2,973 people.

3. The Oklahoma City bombing claimed 168 lives no firearms were used there.

4.  There have been various serial killers that never used a firearm.

5.  The last major University shooting was in 1966 when Charles Whitman killed 15 people at the University of Texas at Austin.  One of the things I believe prevented him from killing more was the response by armed citizens with rifles that kept him from being able to take long distance shots by pinning him down allowing police to move in on him.  

The thing is that this kid had already called in bomb threats and played with fire in his dorm.  He had it in his head to kill some people and he had MANY options available to do that on a campus where no one was armed.  If you couldn't have purchased the firearms he wouldn't have said "Oh shucks, I guess I wont kill anyone and live a normal life."

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:01:49 AM EDT
[#4]
yah at any college campus i have ever been on you could kill 30 people easy with a car at class change time....
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:03:10 AM EDT
[#5]
be sure to vist our sister site..   www.banknives-blah..blah...and_those_child_killing_plastic_bags.com

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:03:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
yah at any college campus i have ever been on you could kill 30 people easy with a car at class change time....

There ya go...and that one arab guy did drive his car on campus killing people.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:06:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
be sure to vist our sister site..   www.banknives-blah..blah...and_those_child_killing_plastic_bags.com

Thats another good point.

I mean there are close to if not more than 300 MILLION people in the US and out of that 30,000 were killed by firearms last year.  Now I think those stats also include criminals shot by police and citizens in self-defense, but even if they don't it is a pretty small percentage.  

More people are killed every year by medical malpractice and gun death don't even scratch the number of automobile deaths on our roadways.  Heck, tons of people are killed every year from slipping in the shower to...million things out there that can kill you, but few of those thigs can also save your life.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 5:14:48 PM EDT
[#8]
He is slated to appear on Glenn's Friday's TV show.

Beck TV
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 5:18:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I love glenn
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top