BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2003 12:42:30 PM EDT
Remake Version...Trailer

Looks cool to me.  You'll need quicktime
www.apple.com/trailers/universal/dawnofthedead/
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 12:56:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for posting that you just made my week . I hope they dont stray from the original plot to much.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:04:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Hotties in underwear is always a good thing.

Looks like they made the Zombies move much faster than the origianl (more 28 days later like).

Looking forward to some good zombie tactics.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:06:40 PM EDT
[#3]
This should be required viewing for everyone at ARFcom.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:10:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I hope they leave in the part where the have a free for all in the malls gun store , and stock up on all kinds of weapons like the original.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:14:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Been following the remake of this for some time now. This will be one to see in the theaters boys!

CH
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:17:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I hate it when they remake my favorite flicks. They most always turn out worse than the origional. I hope that this is not the case here.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:19:47 PM EDT
[#7]
They better include the target practice with the mannequins inside the mall too.  That is a movie gem!
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:22:14 PM EDT
[#8]
BTW here is a couple links to some more info on the movie:

[url]http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movies/dawnofthedead.html[/url]

[url]http://www.allthingszombie.com/movies/dawnofthedead.php[/url]

A few good pics and more info for those that are interested.
CH
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:40:31 PM EDT
[#9]
YOU THE MAN! That made my day too. I'm a Dawn addict, as is my brother. Can't wait!
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:50:17 PM EDT
[#10]
From what I have been reading, this movie does not follow the original. The only thing it sounds like it has in common is that there are folks in a mall and the title is the same.

It seems like I read that there will be more people stuck in the mall.

While I hate the thought of "fast zombies", I am looking foreward to seeing this when it comes out.

More info here [url]http://www.homepageofthedead.com/cgi/forum/forum.pl?index=1&mode=listing&f=1[/url]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:52:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Maybe this thread will inspire [b]Imbroglio[/b] to come back to give us post number 10,000. He's no doubt read this thread already:

Imbroglio

Name:

State:

Forum Posts: 9999
Last Posted: 9/6/2003 2:23:10 AM
Last Login: 12/8/2003 4:11:47 PM
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 2:37:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Maybe this thread will inspire [b]Imbroglio[/b] to come back to give us post number 10,000. He's no doubt read this thread already:
View Quote

I think only a good dose of 2-4-5 Trioxin will bring him back.

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:13:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I love Dawn of the Dead.  I'd bet most people here on AR15 have had dreams of being locked up in a mall with a real gunshop.  Targets, just go to the roof.  [:D]

My favorite line...  "Ain't it a shame. ...The only person who could miss with this gun, would be the sucker with the bread to buy it."
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:42:30 PM EDT
[#14]
That trailer definetly got my attention, it looks promising even if it strays from the original format. The concept will still be the same though.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:21:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
BTW here is a couple links to some more info on the movie:

[url]http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movies/dawnofthedead.html[/url]

[url]http://www.allthingszombie.com/movies/dawnofthedead.php[/url]

A few good pics and more info for those that are interested.
CH
View Quote

Wow cool sites
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Might be good, but somehow I doubt it will have rednecks drinking iron man beer and shooting zombies like it did in the original.  Oh yea ZOMBIES ARN'T FAST, decaying flesh does not equal superhuman strength
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:40:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I hope they leave in the part where the have a free for all in the malls gun store , and stock up on all kinds of weapons like the original.
View Quote

Lol.

1.  Show me a mall w/a gun store

2.  Show me a mall gun store that stocks many high capacity weapons

3.  Show me a mall gun store that stocks many (if any) quality magazines for those high capacity weapons

4.  Show me a mall gun store that stocks much ammunition for those high capacity weapons with a good supply of quality magazines

[b]Prediction:[/b]   the gunstore will have a "backroom" full of illegal weapons, mostly full auto
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:41:12 PM EDT
[#18]
"Are you game or do you wanna bag it?"
"I need lighter fluid."
"You got it!"

Ving Rhames as a mall security guard in new version.

When there is no more room left hell the dead with walk the earth
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:22:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Oh man!  I am soooo excited to see this flick.

I hope it is just remotely as good as the original.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 10:22:13 PM EDT
[#20]
There are more people in that mall..looks like they can defend the mall better
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 10:32:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Saweet.  I must have seen the original twenty times at the midnight movies growing up.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 4:34:49 AM EDT
[#22]
The thing I dont get is Why do they feel they have to remake a Color movie thats not that old?25 years? Just come up with a new movie plot! So much rehashing of ol' shit! I heard they were coming up with a totally new Romero flick but I guess I was wrong.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 4:42:38 AM EDT
[#23]
If you want to see a movie that'll really scare the hell out of ya' pick up a copy of Rob Zombie's "House of 1000 Corpses". Normally movies like this make me laugh but this one scared me but good. I bet dollars to donuts you'll want to have your pistol next to ya' when you watch this movie, heck,a shotgun would be even better.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:32:25 AM EDT
[#24]
I have been waiting for for this movie for some time now and the one thing I have done is convince myself that it is a "NEW" movie that is not really a remake. Nothing can take away from the original, we know that but. But look on the bright side, a new movie with new FX and looks like a more tense edge to it is a winner in my book. I would be open to a Regional ARFCOM "Dawn of the Dead" Viewing Party in PDX if anyone is interested.

Regardless of how it does/does'nt follow the original its a new horror movie, which is always good.

CH
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:35:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The thing I dont get is Why do they feel they have to remake a Color movie thats not that old?25 years? Just come up with a new movie plot! So much rehashing of ol' shit! I heard they were coming up with a totally new Romero flick but I guess I was wrong.  
View Quote

Read Ayn Rand's [b]Fountain Head[/b] and you'll understand.

Many today believe the best has already been done and all they can do is copy
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:50:29 AM EDT
[#26]
You guys want to hear something really scary....

the last film the director of this "remake" made was ......Scooby Doo

I do not feel that bodes well....

t
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:04:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You guys want to hear something really scary....

the last film the director of this "remake" made was ......Scooby Doo

I do not feel that bodes well....

t
View Quote

You gotta get your foot in the door some how
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:30:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Lol.

1.  Show me a mall w/a gun store

2.  Show me a mall gun store that stocks many high capacity weapons

3.  Show me a mall gun store that stocks many (if any) quality magazines for those high capacity weapons

4.  Show me a mall gun store that stocks much ammunition for those high capacity weapons with a good supply of quality magazines

[b]Prediction:[/b]   the gunstore will have a "backroom" full of illegal weapons, mostly full auto
View Quote

Galyans is in the mall here and in the last town I lived in (Broomfield, CO near Denver).

They have a crap load of ammo.  Of course I'll only have access to bolt rifles, shotguns or Mini-14s.  And I'm sure I can scrap up enough handgun mags out of the large stock of HKs, Glocks, Sigs, Kimbers, etc. they have in stock.

No M16s, but I'll make due... [:D]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 2:18:37 PM EDT
[#29]
*******SPOILERS AHEAD********

1. Show me a mall w/a gun store

2. Show me a mall gun store that stocks many high capacity weapons

3. Show me a mall gun store that stocks many (if any) quality magazines for those high capacity weapons

4. Show me a mall gun store that stocks much ammunition for those high capacity weapons with a good supply of quality magazines

Prediction: the gunstore will have a "backroom" full of illegal weapons, mostly full auto
View Quote

IIRC....the plot of the new DOTD movie revolves around a bunch of unarmed people trapped in a mall with food and no weapons communicating by sign with a guy across the parking lot in a gun store starving to death.

[url]www.homepageofthedead.com[/url] has a forum dedicated to the remake.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top